• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Drug Addicts Anonymous

Ds

Bluelight Crew
I'm sure I'm not the only wastebasket addict here that qualifies for every Anonymous program exists, but here lately I've been attending these meetings called Drug Addicts Anonymous, and wow. Compared to Narcotics Anonymous 'DAA' is on an entire new plane of recovery.

DAA is a fellowship of men and women who have recovered, or are recovering, from drug addiction by following the Twelve Steps — a tried and tested programme of practical spiritual action. We use the traditional Twelve Step programme outlined in the Alcoholics Anonymous Basic Text, and no other method. Our fellowship attracts drug addicts from many walks of life, who between them have used many different drugs, both legal and illegal. Nonetheless, we share a common problem and, more importantly, a common solution that has transformed our lives. Our primary purpose is to remain drug-free and to help other drug addicts achieve the same freedom. DAA membership is open to anyone who has a desire to stop using narcotics, or any other mind- altering substance, yet finds him or herself unable to do so. There are no membership fees or dues.

We make certain everyone has a Big Book and begin by referring to the lower right hand corner of the “Dust Jacket” where it reads, “This is the Third Edition of the Big Book, the BASIC TEXT for Alcoholics Anonymous.” Or, of course, if they have a Fourth Edition, same message in the middle of the Dust Jacket. We want them to know what ALCOHOLISM is, what the SOLUTION is and HOW to take the ACTION that is necessary to avoid death or insanity by drinking, i.e. to get from the PROBLEM to the SOLUTION.

To find meetings all over the world: https://daausa.org/find-a-meeting/

I had no clue that they made a meeting for me. I was able to say 'hey I'm D's and I'm a Drug Addict ', not just addict but a fucking drug addict, because I got to hear that shit. If I say I'm an addict then I'll just think eh maybe im an addict of seafood or something, but identifying as a drug addict I got to remind myself that hey I'm a damn drug addict.

I highly suggest that if you have any DAA meetings in your area check it out. You will not be disappointed.

We are a drug forum, that practice harm reduction, but if you are like me, and reuse syringes 30+ times, and even contracting endocarditis along with hepatitis C along with shot the fuck out veins, then give DAA a try.

Hey, Ds.
Did you start a chapter by chance. I think I remember ya posting about it somewhere and thought I would ask.
Anyway after long and careful thought I figured I would see what is what with DAA.
Thanks for your time and efforts, bro.
Peace

Ed
They have meetings within 100 miles of my location way outta my reach.

I qualify. I’m what an addiction doctor in rehab called a “garbagehead”. Hey a medical professional labeled me that after asking what my DOC was the answer was what must have come off as nuts. My nuts are a DOC too oh man do I qualify for those programs just as badly. Sorry for that.

I qualify. I’m what an addiction doctor in rehab called a “garbagehead”. Hey a medical professional labeled me that after asking what my DOC was the answer was what must have come off as nuts. My nuts are a DOC too oh man do I qualify for those programs just as badly. Sorry for that.
You would fit right into DAA. It's actually a lot different than AA, because I can relate to those that huffed gas or shot fentanyl like me, and it isn't NA.
It wasn't the drug honestly, it was more of the fucking drug. Whatever it was, it had to be more of it.

man it's hard sometimes to stay on track with benzos if I can keep this up I may have life by the balls.
;)
Think it takes a lot of distraction and focusing on something else.
Still, though, ya don't think that bottle isn't in the back of my mind? HA!

I am a big fan of drug addicts annoymous/ heroin annoymous. ^ the needle exchange saved my life. 50 days sober. Going to a meeeting tonight. Taking my meds. Working with my sponsor. I always felt at home in DAA, good people.

You would fit right into DAA. It's actually a lot different than AA, because I can relate to those that huffed gas or shot fentanyl like me, and it isn't NA.
It wasn't the drug honestly, it was more of the fucking drug. Whatever it was, it had to be more of it.
It sounds cool, but I get out off by sponsorship and I imagine that’s still a thing.

Just too many experiences of them acting like I’m their bitch or something. One tried to put himself in my marriage. It’s like, dude, I didn’t ask.

I do not like people giving me “suggestions” yet used like “you have to” in regards to my marriage. I only came to get sober. I didn’t ask for marriage advice. There are specific situations that will trigger episodes in my wife because she is extremely mentally ill. And he was trying to force me to tell her stuff that would do that to her because “I have to”.

And I had one, yell in front of others at ne that he’s the teacher and I’m the student. And we weren’t even talking about anything pertaining to that and I am a polite and respectful person generally. What I’m saying is it’s as if he was trying to show off in front of his buddy. He’s lucky I was cool and didn’t break his face.

So yeah, you might say I have a little bias against it. I do think the 12 steps are great. And yeah there are some good sponsors out there. The problem is wading thru the shit.

The biggest thing that AA offers that works imo is the community and support. Aside from places like BL there just isn’t a lot out there for us and we are pigeon holed into AA or far worse NA.

I went to an NA meeting and you are not even allowed to speak unless you are l6 months clean or something I forget. And it’s just not well structured ime. It’s just hard finding a good NA meeting for some reason in Columbus Ohio. (Please don’t dox me) can’t really anyway, I have no social media with my true email or name or phone number attached.

But I have considered going back to AA just not interested in sponsorship so perhaps there is something to this DAA. Not really sure what the difference is.

I'm sure I'm not the only wastebasket addict here that qualifies for every Anonymous program exists, but here lately I've been attending these meetings called Drug Addicts Anonymous, and wow. Compared to Narcotics Anonymous 'DAA' is on an entire new plane of recovery.

To find meetings all over the world: https://daausa.org/find-a-meeting/

I had no clue that they made a meeting for me. I was able to say 'hey I'm D's and I'm a Drug Addict ', not just addict but a fucking drug addict, because I got to hear that shit. If I say I'm an addict then I'll just think eh maybe im an addict of seafood or something, but identifying as a drug addict I got to remind myself that hey I'm a damn drug addict.

I highly suggest that if you have any DAA meetings in your area check it out. You will not be disappointed.

We are a drug forum, that practice harm reduction, but if you are like me, and reuse syringes 30+ times, and even contracting endocarditis along with hepatitis C along with shot the fuck out veins, then give DAA a try.

They authorities want us on the liquid handcuffs' and on no opiate lists. You cant holiday, associating with friends that still use is near impossible, and the N/A is a church recruitment ploy. It's lonely when your whole life you have been getting high and you stop. I was an addict for 42 years. Even remember sniffing glue and solvent and 8 years old. I didnt know why. It's something I inherited from my family. I've had no kids because of it. I would never suicide. I'm going to die soon enough now I have cirrhosis. I just wish society could realise that when you have communicated with a certain type of personality your whole life that I have nothing in common with straight folk. I find them boring and judgmental. Especially the one who help you for a weekly wage. Just give me what I need to get better, all junkies who are long term know what works. Sorry for laying it on. No religious texts condemn drugs except for the modern Qur'an. I was raised Roman Catholic in war torn Belfast. Drugs were the answer to it. Not god or guns. An old saying says water ,fire and governments have no mercy. I was on drugs including maintenance for 42 years. Don't expect help from government or church. If you have family or non using friends be totally honest. Self medicate if safe. But please don't let government put you in liquid hand cuffs. It ruins the best.
It sounds cool, but I get out off by sponsorship and I imagine that’s still a thing.

Just too many experiences of them acting like I’m their bitch or something. One tried to put himself in my marriage. It’s like, dude, I didn’t ask.

I do not like people giving me “suggestions” yet used like “you have to” in regards to my marriage. I only came to get sober. I didn’t ask for marriage advice. There are specific situations that will trigger episodes in my wife because she is extremely mentally ill. And he was trying to force me to tell her stuff that would do that to her because “I have to”.

And I had one, yell in front of others at ne that he’s the teacher and I’m the student. And we weren’t even talking about anything pertaining to that and I am a polite and respectful person generally. What I’m saying is it’s as if he was trying to show off in front of his buddy. He’s lucky I was cool and didn’t break his face.

So yeah, you might say I have a little bias against it. I do think the 12 steps are great. And yeah there are some good sponsors out there. The problem is wading thru the shit.

The biggest thing that AA offers that works imo is the community and support. Aside from places like BL there just isn’t a lot out there for us and we are pigeon holed into AA or far worse NA.

I went to an NA meeting and you are not even allowed to speak unless you are l6 months clean or something I forget. And it’s just not well structured ime. It’s just hard finding a good NA meeting for some reason in Columbus Ohio. (Please don’t dox me) can’t really anyway, I have no social media with my true email or name or phone number attached.

But I have considered going back to AA just not interested in sponsorship so perhaps there is something to this DAA. Not really sure what the difference is.

They authorities want us on the liquid handcuffs' and on no opiate lists. You cant holiday, associating with friends that still use is near impossible, and the N/A is a church recruitment ploy. It's lonely when your whole life you have been getting high and you stop. I was an addict for 42 years. Even remember sniffing glue and solvent and 8 years old. I didnt know why. It's something I inherited from my family. I've had no kids because of it. I would never suicide. I'm going to die soon enough now I have cirrhosis. I just wish society could realise that when you have communicated with a certain type of personality your whole life that I have nothing in common with straight folk. I find them boring and judgmental. Especially the one who help you for a weekly wage. Just give me what I need to get better, all junkies who are long term know what works. Sorry for laying it on. No religious texts condemn drugs except for the modern Qur'an. I was raised Roman Catholic in war torn Belfast. Drugs were the answer to it. Not god or guns. An old saying says water ,fire and governments have no mercy. I was on drugs including maintenance for 42 years. Don't expect help from government or church. If you have family or non using friends be totally honest. Self medicate if safe. But please don't let government put you in liquid hand cuffs. It ruins the best.