• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drop acid for first time at a rave... or roll, 3rd time in a month? Advice needed!

meowcat

Greenlighter
Hello all! I've used bluelight as a reference source before but haven't posted until now, so really hoping for some advice on what to do.

I've rolled (on mdma) half a dozen times before, always for music festivals/raves, and always had a fabulous time. It so happens that two of those times were back-to-back-weekends (one week ago, and the weekend before that)-- i didn't plan it, but it happened. I took 2 pts for the first show (2 weeks ago) and ~2-3 for the most recent (1 week ago).

Now I have a problem: I'm going to a really big, 2-day music fest/rave for Halloween weekend (those of you from SoCal know it). Because I've already rolled twice this month, I'm ditching my original plan of rolling both days. I'm just going to drink on day 1. But some of my favorite DJs are spinning day 2, and I know I'm going to take something, I just can't decide what.

I've never tripped before (on acid, shrooms or anything else), and I know there's a possibility of having a bad trip if i choose to drop acid for the first time ever in a rave setting like this. On the other hand, friends have told me they've had beautiful experiences doing just that, and if I roll instead, it'll be my 3rd time in a month & only 2 weeks after the last time. So what should I do? I've never had a bad experience or even a harsh comedown from molly, even when I pretty much overdosed after staying up for a 3 day festival on molly capsules that turned out to be meth bombs. Not the equivalent of a psychedelic, I know: but I don't think I'm very prone to freak-outs/paranoia, which I know happens on LSD. So day 2 options:

Option 1: roll. I know the stuff I have is good. stock up on 5-HTP for after. Also, the friend I'm going with will be rolling.
Option 2: trip. Haven't taken LSD before, but very eager to. Friend I'll be with won't be tripping. If I do this, how much do I drop? One tab? Tab and a haf??
Option 3: candyflip. Risky because I'm inexperienced with acid, but... well, the way it's been described to me, if LSD gives you a window of insight into your inner consciousness, the MDMA makes it so you can't be scared by what you find there. Also softens the visual effects of the acid, etc., to keep the trip from becoming too overwhelming.

Any advice appreciated!! thanks in advance, bluelighters

I'd do the LSD (just 1 tab) just cause mdma 3x in a month is overdoing it...

Or just drink on both days

Personally I'd candyflip on the first night, then mdma the next day, if you drop 1 tab, then 0.1 mdma later it shouldn't be too intense & the mdma should take away social anxiety. Doing MDMA weekly for months on end is bad, not 3 weeks in a row & just doing acid this week isn't the healthy option, they're both kind of similar drugs. I'd give it a break for a while after that, probably going to feel a bit burnt out afterwards & getting close to midweek anxiety/depression. Drinking will just make you tired & feel shit the next day

personally i'd candyflip on the first night, then mdma the next day, if you drop 1 tab, then 0.1 mdma later it shouldn't be too intense & the mdma should take away social anxiety. Doing mdma weekly for months on end is bad, not 3 weeks in a row & just doing acid this week isn't the healthy option, they're both kind of similar drugs. I'd give it a break for a while after that, probably going to feel a bit burnt out afterwards & getting close to midweek anxiety/depression. Drinking will just make you tired & feel shit the next day

yes candyflip before during and after no fucks given yo

Well, yeah, while you've got the opportunity, some good lsd, some good mdma & a good rave to go to, why not? At worst you might feel a bit low for a week. Probably going to want some mdma or something after a couple of drinks anyway, either that or you'll get drunk which is probably worse. Take a few weeks off mdma afterwards or you might start hitting problems if you keep dosing every week, 3 weeks in a row isn't that serious though.

If you're going to the event I think you're going to, then on the 2nd day either drop the mdma or candyflip. The lsd by itself might be a bit uncomfortable, especially at that setting since there are a lot of shady heads over there. It's also a good way to soften up the rougher edges of lsd on your first time taking it.

Take the lsd first, then if it gets too trippy pop the mdma. How many people are going with you? The more, the less likely you'll get a bad trip.

Well, yeah, while you've got the opportunity, some good lsd, some good mdma & a good rave to go to, why not? At worst you might feel a bit low for a week. Probably going to want some mdma or something after a couple of drinks anyway, either that or you'll get drunk which is probably worse. Take a few weeks off mdma afterwards or you might start hitting problems if you keep dosing every week, 3 weeks in a row isn't that serious though.

Oh my. The suicidal, "I hate everyone and everything" feeling that can come after MDMA abuse (and using it three times in three weeks is just that, abuse, let's be real here) is vastly underplayed by writing it off as feeling "a little down".

yeah, I'm with you. I'd be more of the, yeah, but if you go easy on the drugs & the events, it won't get boring & you'll keep at it as you grow older. You won't burn out & become a straight, like every single person I ever knew who overdid it.

I musta passed up a thousand rave opportunitiess & twice as many opportunities to get wasted with my mates in the 90's & 00's. But I'm still standing & they're mostly all done with partying now... kids, mortgage etc etc instead. They're often a bit of a moody old lot, too ;) lmao

He said it has been two weeks since his last dose (it was bolded too). And by judging his fourth paragraph, I don't think it's much of a stretch to say it's okay for him to drop again. Of course, I wouldn't recommend that it becomes his norm, but the next big event is probably around 2 months away so that's a sizable gap between usage. He seems to imply that he tends to drop at events only.

Besides, none of these substances come without risk. There are relative safety profiles, but a 2 week break should be good enough once in a while. ( And I struggle to say this because of my own history with mdma).

I estimate that the bulk of those depression stories, and the like, are by users susceptible to their state in the first place (and there are a lot of ways to be susceptible). Consequently, I think they're a bit sensationalized compared to users that are rationally sound, healthy, and largely unsusceptible to negative effects (which the OP seems to reveal). Their experiences shouldn't represent the consensus, but neither should the horror stories. Somewhere around the middle is ideal.

Biologically yes, mdma is a powerful substance and by virtue it can make someone depressive, but someone who knows how to handle their depression will not sink into it. I've known lots that were affected and lots that were unaffected by mdma's "crash." I've abused mdma retardedly and so did a small group of my friends, but none of us fell into a notable depression of any kind. Of course, we've known other groups that have but as far as I could see, all of them turned out fine. It's all in the mind, and friend support can go a long way.

It's all relative and pretty much case by case, but by reading the OP's post thoroughly I don't see anything wrong with him taking it after 2 weeks of abstinence. Events are suppose to be one of the highlights of the year with lots of planning, time and money invested in it so I'd recommend that it's okay to drop again, OP. Besides, most of us wouldn't mind recommending the same to a friend in person under the same circumstances, because the risk is pretty small.

Btw, I'm not replying to any particular person (except the OP); just kind of thinking out loud about the topic here. I'll shut up now and let the OP make his own choice.

Last edited:
You will be ok. I (ab)used MDMA a lot this summer. 2-3 times a month for two months.

I am fine but I am starting to notice some magic is waning. I, also, will be at a huge halloween rave. I am going to drink and blaze the first night and candyflip with al-lad on the second night. It has been 30 days since my last roll and I am going to keep my dose low as this is my first candy flip. Maybe throw in some MXE on the second night if it arrives in time.

It is hard to discipline yourself when you have fire MDMA and there are a lot of good shows. I am going to take a break from MDMA after this weekend until at least New Years, perhaps even Coachella.

Don't do MDMA again, you're overdoing it with that chemical. Take some acid to switch things up. It will be best to try candyflipping in a few months time, when you've had a break from MDMA, and you've already experienced LSD on it's own. LSD is really great for music festivals, it can be a bit more involved than MDMA, and it's just such an amazing way to experience music!

Like Si, I made it through the 90s - 00s and witnessed a lot of people overdo it, burn out, get into depression or too wasted, and most of them ended up having to leave the amazing world of partying. When I look around and see who's still standing, it's the people who learned moderation and how to take care of themselves, which includes not abusing MDMA.

I'm not out for every event or festival anymore, nor are most of my friends, but we've all managed to navigate the party scene without burning out. We still still get out when we can, and I expect to still be able to do so when I'm 80. The survivors/endurance partiers use drugs carefully, use hearing protection, and look out for each other.

PLUR :)

Last edited:
yup to the overdoing it thing. Can be done, but you lose your ability to feel natural happiness and you begin to develop quite the tolerance when you weekend warrior MDMA every weekend. Rave Saturday I take it? Recover on Sunday.

LSD in a warehouse party may be a bit closed in and iffy, especially to a first timer on LSD.... crowds can be a bit overwhelming, especially when you look around are enclosed. An outdoor party with a chill area in the cool grass would be Ideal IMO cause you could get 'free' and stare at the sky if needed. Even if you have already raved and liked it, I still feel LSD is meant to be experienced for the first time in a place where you can sit in the grass

yup to the overdoing it thing. Can be done, but you lose your ability to feel natural happiness and you begin to develop quite the tolerance when you weekend warrior MDMA every weekend. Rave Saturday I take it? Recover on Sunday.

LSD in a warehouse party may be a bit closed in and iffy, especially to a first timer on LSD.... crowds can be a bit overwhelming, especially when you look around are enclosed. An outdoor party with a chill area in the cool grass would be Ideal IMO cause you could get 'free' and stare at the sky if needed. Even if you have already raved and liked it, I still feel LSD is meant to be experienced for the first time in a place where you can sit in the grass

totally agree . You need to be way more in control of your environment first time tripping. Once you get to know LSD then you can decide if an enclosed party is the right place or even if nighttime is when you want to be tripping.

I wouldn't recommend doing MDMA again, but I can't recommend tripping for the first time in an environment like that. You cannot possibly gauge what a psychedelic trip is like until you've been on one, and if you're anything like me and the others I know, you will want a nice peaceful environment the first few times you do it, so you and your friends and the drug can be alone to examine, appreciate and come to know the effects. After tripping 15+ times I still don't think I would like to do it in that environment, outside in nature or relaxing in my home is always where I want to be. I'm sure it could be pretty good and I'll do it some day, but for your first time, you are risking giving yourself a pretty rough time, depending how you psyche works.

At the same time though, doing MDMA again is not a good idea, so it's ultimately your move. I would say if you can trust yourself to take a good long break (3 months+) after this time, then you can probably go for it. But IME people that drop multiple times a month never end up taking a break for that long until its too late. So ultimately, I don't know, I'd really think hard about what you wanna do first though. From what I hear candyflipping can be extremely psychologically overbearing, so if you've never tripped before I'd think a bit about that too. I've never candyflipped though so I might be wrong there.

you could always just go to the Rave and experience it without the influence of drugs. Something that can be quite interesting, and not nearly as dull as u may think. you can still dance and stay up all night, just keep it real for once. I would do this and people tell me how 'brave I was" to be able to dance the night away on nothing at all. Tired, but not brave..... and observant. It can be quite fun seeing just how retarded people look at times... especially those sucking down nitrous like it is candy.... LOL

Candy flipping is for the very experienced designer drug user, who has experienced MDMA, MDA, strong THC laden kind, mushrooms, LSD and Peyote / mescaline IMO.

Much better when you take the LSD first get into your comfort zone about 1.5 to 2 hours in and then drop in the happy power of MDMA / E.

OP here, thanks to everyone for your responses so far. I'm still pretty undecided... for those who asked, I'm only going with one friend who will be rolling day 2, but we're supposed to meet up with another couple of friends who'll be tripping. No guarantees though- it's a big venue and a ton of people.

It's not a warehouse party; it's a big outdoor area with a few stages, etc. So theoretically I'd be able to dip and go sit on the grass under the stars somewhere, if necessary-- but obviously, I want to be able to stay and appreciate the music, etc, since that's why I bought a ticket.

I think I'm leaning towards candy flipping-- I know the risks, but I'm scared of building up my tolerance to MDMA and, as several people pointed out, losing my ability to feel natural happiness... definitely not about that :/ To that end, though, is dropping acid even any better than rolling on molly, since they both stimulate serotonin release (hence the synergy of candyflipping)? I just want to reduce any possible neuro damage/tolerance build-up... and since I know how I roll on m, I'd rather do that if dropping acid will mess with my serotonin receptors or whatever in the same way molly does.

Yes,I definitely won't roll again after this for at least 2 months or longer (New Years). But still... I'd probably take 3 pts for this, and I just feel like that's so much mdma in a month. I feel like candyflipping might be better because I'll do less of each substance... plus I just really want to try it.

If I do candyflip, what do you guys recommend I do for dosage? 1 tab before entry, 1 pt mdma (if I want/need it), an hour later? I don't want to freak out, but I do want to have an awesome time, and some forum I was reading mentioned that first-timers usually do just 1 tab and it's not enough/they wind up disappointed. I have a fairly high substance tolerance for everything I've tried except weed (alc, coke, adderall, molly), but I know hallucinogens are different. I know I can start off small, 1 tab/1pt and re-dose if needed... but to be honest, if I bring it with me, I'm going to take it, even if I'm already tripping balls.

Quick reply: one tab and one pill sounds good. The event you're going to sounds just like the ones I use to go to here in SoCal...definitely don't get lost and stay with your friends if you choose to candyflip.

Make sure you grab a water bottle...even if the line takes like an hour (which it was for me). You'll have fun conversating while waiting anyway. Remember to be focused on the fun you're having but stay cautious too.

Both lsd and mdma are good in their own way, but they go together well. You'll see, it'll be fun.

Last edited:
Do you think 1 tab is good? Or tab and like a third... I don't want to waste this opportunity lol

Yeah for sure on the water bottle, not about to dehydrate :/

Hmm, try a tab first. Then after an hour or so, see how you like it from there. It should hit you pretty good since it's your first time. Then I'd recommend either a pill (to mellow it out) or the third (or half of you want) if you want it to be stronger.

For my first time, 1 tab got me good.

Haha, stay hydrated and safe!

Lsd doesn't stimulate serotonin release, and is not similar enough to mdma to really compare. Whether you candyflip or just roll you are still taking mdma and it will cause just as much tolerance/sadness either way

Also I don't know how anyone with average sensitivity could be at all disappointed by a tab (150ug) of good real lsd if it's their first trip