• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dronabinol and far-sightedness

Tropicalspam

Greenlighter
I've been receiving Dronabinol prescriptions going on a couple of years now, and I've got to say that it's absolutely the perfect med; "Time stand still," as the Rush lyrics go -- Dronabinol actually accomplishes that, letting you savor the flavor of the moment, preserving it in its perfect amber, breathing it in, and letting it go. It's fucking fabulous, but every time I take it my eyes become a little weak, forcing me to place the iPads and iWatches and all the iShit just a little further away, so that I may focus.

Given the connections between THC and glaucoma, I have no idea whether this is a common side-effect or a fluke when it comes to me. I'm 43, but whenever I'm off Dronabinol I do not experience any far-sightedness whatsoever. I wonder whether it's something that would go away if I used this medicine every day rather than sporadically (I'd be 200 pounds on a 5'7" frame if I did that -- the stuff gives you major munchies), or whether it's one of the peculiarities of Dronabinol that cannabis itself does not have, or that may be remedied by supplementing with CBD.

If anybody out there has any advice, please let me know.

Don't know about the far-sightedness part and I wouldn't pay what they want for the prescription dronabinol but regular natural weed almost 90% of the time absolutely soothes my eyes that I can "feel" when getting baked. The term "baked" perfectlly describes the state one's in when just sitting there, eyes red and squinty, with a slight grin on one's face,watching old reruns on the telly ......where's that d*mn pipe anyway?

Try natural weed and tell us if it does the same thing with your far-sightedness problem(which aging by the way also causes, my dad never wore glasses all his life but later on bought bifocals for seeing close-up), if it doesn't happen the synthetic cannabinoid probably is to blame. Might not be the "absolutely perfect med" after all. Dronabinol that is.

If natural weed doesn't cause far-sightedness my advice is to go natural and if insurance doesn't cover natural raise a stink with your insurance to cover natural. Give the money to people who deserve the money.

I think a better term than baked even is the term "resinated" . I sometimes taste a pain-killing resinous substance in the herb.

Sam - Yes, it definitely messes with my vision every time whether I take 2.5 mg, 5 mg., or 10 mg. I AM going to have to ask my pain doctor to start me on the 5 mg. gels bc the 10's are just flat out knocking me into space. The effects ARE highly individualized.