View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drinking energy drink before DXM

MarcusJD9999

Bluelighter
I am planning on taking DXM after drinking an energy drink. I've read that DXM can increase the heart rate and in my experience it does slightly. Being that energy drinks also can increase the heart rate, would it be dangerous to drink energy drink before dosing DXM?

I plan on getting up early and dosing in the morning. I will drink a 16 FL OZ red bull in the morning to get me up and prevent me from being too tired to trip and from falling a sleep during the experience. I'm not going to drink the whole thing during the trip or after it kicks in and I'm not going to take it with the dex either. I will drink some as soon as I get up then take the robo gels with a juice or something, or maybe water. Then in the two hours the dxm kicks in I will slowly drink the rest of the red bull, and maybe have a tiny bit of the bull left over for after the trip starts just in case I feel to tired or something. The dose of dxm will be 600 mg.

Will this be dangerous? I know it probably wont be fatal or anything but I don't want it to make the trip feel weird or mess with the usual effects too much where it isn't as great. I'm not too worried about it.

I would not drink that much red bull, but you should be OK, as long as you are heart-healthy.

Ok. I usually never drink energy drinks or coffee really, I was just going to use the red bull to help me get up early. Thanks.

being too tired to trip and from falling a sleep during the experience.

With 600mg of DXM, I can't see that being an issue. If you wanna have some caffeine before hand though, that's fine, yet a 16oz energy drink might make you a bit jittery if you don't normally drink caffeinated beverages.

I've drank that much bull before in the morning before work, wasn't that jittery. I might just drink half or drink it slowly. Is their anything you can think of that goes well with dxm besides bud or caffeine? But if you don't think I'll stay drowsy on 600 mg then it doesn't really matter.

I've read you can take grapefruit juice before hydro (I think it was, or Percocet) to potentiate the effects, just something like that. It is good the way it is, but was just wondering if their is anything that will enhance it besides bud. I don't have bud.