• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drinking alcohol while on Methadone

Personally I always drank with opioids... but then again I add alcohol to literally everything, prototypical polyaddict.

But I definitely drank less than usual if combining.
For most of my life I was drinking. With other drugs, without, I was always drinking.

But I noticed that with meth and opiates I drank a lot less. Just didn't have the desire to drink as much.

For most of my life I was drinking. With other drugs, without, I was always drinking.

But I noticed that with meth and opiates I drank a lot less. Just didn't have the desire to drink as much.
I read an incredible drug memoir called "30 Years In Hell," written by a guy who was a morphine addict (injecting SC) from about 1890 to 1920, starting out as a dubious lawyer and then hopping freight trains & joining steamship crews.

There's a lot of interesting things in the book, but I was surprised to learn that he was an alcoholic who became a morphine addict but basically kept up his drinking pattern. He kept on carousing in taverns every night and getting drunk, but with morphine he could handle his liquor better & avoid hangovers.

I was an alcoholic before I was an opiate addict, too, but I can't stomach large quantities of alcohol on opiates. Alcohol almost seems to be missing something when I'm on opiates.....