Drinking after E

AlanMykael

Bluelighter
I was just wondering how many people drink when coming down? When I first started rolling we smoked pot and were out within an hour or so. Now, we get in from the club, and do shots for the rest of the night until we pass out from exhaustion sometime after daylight. It keeps your roll going,keeps your energy up, and you have a higher tolerance for the alcohol. Anyone else share my excitement in this? (besides you, Lane)
------------------
No regrets, or life is yours to miss...

I'm with you on this one! I love doing it. I was wondering though, just how safe is it? I know the old adage was don't mix alcohol with E, but does this still apply when you are coming down/ ro totally down? I figured it was like when you were peaking..
The scary thing is a lot of people have told me that on E, you could be buggin hard and don't even feel the alcohol going down, it's like nothing..That might be bad news

the worry with drinking alcohol while on X has to do with dehydration. as long as you drink water or Gatorade in between shots you won't have to worry about dehydration.
it's a good idea to drink a fair amount of water when on just X by itself.
if you have ever had to go to the bathroom while rolling, but stand there for like an hour and nothing comes out, it's because your body is dehydrated. your body will automatically hold on to any kind of moisture if it senses it's low on water.
but anyhow, back to the subject. AlanMykael and I have both have had alcohol many times while coming down, and we're still alive. We just chase our shot with Gatorade so we don't dehydrate.
------------------
"Stay positive and love your life."
-Nicholas Lofton Hexum

Yeh its great.....hangover afterward isnt as bad either

Lane, that bit about peeing on e is partly true. Yes, you can get dehydrated while on a pill but ecstacy is also an anti-diuretic (sp?) which means it prevents you from peeing.
So don't think that if you are standing there for an hour trying to pee that you have to drink copious amounts of water until you're able to go to the toilet. It's just the e stopping you from peeing. Once you're coming down, you'll find you go to the toilet every 20min to get rid of the excess water that was stored during the night.
Drinking too much water can be just as dangerous as drinking too little. A few of the reported deaths from ecstasy have been because the person has drunk too much water and has basically 'drowned' themselves.
A good guide is 250ml per hour if you're not dancing, 500ml per hour if you are.
Oh, and I do like a drink when I'm coming down, but I can't imagine doing shots!! Good way of getting to sleep I guess
smile.gif

miss apple

I don't really drink alcohol at all but Smoking lots of weed is really good for coming down.

yup, I need two things for coming down.... beer and cigarettes (and then fried takeaway on the Monday
smile.gif
)... apparently the need for beer and grease is generated by your body's increased craving for carbohydrates (don't know where I read that, but I did).... the cigarettes??... just something to put in your mouth perhaps??
I'm sure anybody will tell you that alcohol and MDMA do NOT compliment each other chemically, but as you note AlanMykael, it is possible to have a pretty good experience using both anyway, if you do so with care...
later
wink.gif

candyflip
------------------
too many freaks, not enough circuses... :cool:

Kinda off topic, kinda on...
Last weekend at a bar I dropped half an e and drank about 4-5 drinks...first time I combined e and alcohol. It was a cool experience, kinda like being drunk but without all the stupid-ness and with tons of energy and a great body buzz. Tons of fun! I wouldn't do it often though cuz I prefer the feeling of just rolling. The weirdest part was, when the alcohol started wearing off, I got higher!! NE-wayz, just my silly rambling...
PLUR,
kimmy
smile.gif

That's all good. The only thing I'd be worried about is a little more stress on the liver, but chances are it isn't too much to worry about (unless you're talking about a bottle of voddy each, which is rough anyway
smile.gif
). Someday, I'll actually try to down a beer while coming down. I've hear mimosas are good too, and have vit c to boot!
Dave

In response to Sweet-E's comment, I have done that before, just a little bit ago. A friend gave me half a pill, which normally wouldn't do much for me. And I just started drinking margarita's about 10 minutes later. It wasn't a complete rolling sensation, but I certainly didn't feel drunk. Just a good feeling and body buzz. It was like Diet Ecstacy or something. At any rate, definately nice if you don't want to be all ate up the next morning.
------------------
No regrets, or life is yours to miss...

A few fat whiskey and cokes for me please
smile.gif

------------------
"For goodness sakes, would you look at those cakes?"

HEY EVERYONE, I thought you CAN'T mix E with alcohol??? (because you won't feel anything)Can someone explain?? Please
Ty,
:)
------------------

I personally think drinking anything while on E besides water or sports drinks just works against your reason for droppin E!!!But if your a little wired and are coming down and cant sleep and need too. Suck back a few newcastle darks and its sleepy time!!!DOPE

I always drink when I comedown, its like a tradition. I can drink a case to myself when Im on E!(exaggeration) Its the best way to fall asleep, when you pass out. Oh and Goddess, the answer to your question is don't get drunk before you do E or while you're still rollin pretty good because alcohol kills your ecstasy buzz. But drinking when you start to comedown and feel lkie shit is the best time.

I have to disagree. The reason for not drinking lots and lots (note the lots and lots) of alcohol when you are on e, is because alcohol dehydrates you, and depresses your central nervous system, putting you in prime position to over heat without being aware of it. Overheating and seratonin syndrome are so far the leading causes of death and physical problems on e. The result of this is that its generally thought to be safer to not drink alcohol on e, and just drink water. But you can drink the occasional drink in between waters, with no harm. I can only speak from personal experience myself, but alcohol has never brought me down off a peak, or done anything except boost my buzz.
------------------
"For goodness sakes, would you look at those cakes?"