• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dried somniferum pod legality UK

NickNightingale

Bluelighter
Hi folks. I was looking online for somniferum pod vendors in the UK when I came across this bit of info:

The info seems to be contradictory - can they be sold legally as floral decoration in the UK, or are they considered a Class A and restricted?

If the latter is true, am I unlikely to find authentic somniferum pods online?

And a further question - are other poppy varieties able to do the job, or does it need to be somniferum (or something stronger like that Afghan variety whose name escapes me)?

Thanks in advance 👌

Florists can sell them, opium dens can't.

Assuming you want them for decorative floral arrangements, try asking on a forum where people arrange flowers for decoration.

Somniferum has the most decorative alkaloids.

It means that while dried poppy pods are a form of poppy straw (and as such a scheduled drug), they are loosely regulated, particularly in cases when their use appears to be explicitly for decorative purposes.

Thus, if a shipment of crushed up dried poppy heads are found in a bag, they will likely be confiscated, but if they are found in a shipment of dried floral bouquets interspersed with other dried flowers, they will be ignored.

It means that while dried poppy pods are a form of poppy straw (and as such a scheduled drug), they are loosely regulated, particularly in cases when their use appears to be explicitly for decorative purposes.

Thus, if a shipment of crushed up dried poppy heads are found in a bag, they will likely be confiscated, but if they are found in a shipment of dried floral bouquets interspersed with other dried flowers, they will be ignored.
Interesting, thanks for your insight.

You say that a shipment of crushed heads may be confiscated if found - would this be less likely if they were intact?

Either way, I think I have found a good vendor and certainly willing to risk it.

in some countries exist dried papaver sold like ornamentals.in local markets even.if they are sold like ornamental decorative flowers.as to alc.content-it could be useless or not.if they are crushed-thats no ornamental purpose