View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

dried mescaline powder dosage

junkie skumbag

Bluelighter
hey guys n gals ive managed to get myself a san pedro cactus and have cut roughly a foot and a half off.cut the mescaline containing spikes (of the star) boiled them down and scrapped the dark green sludge off.added that to a pot and simmered all the liquid out of it placed it ontop of my heater over night so its all crisp and crunchy and grinned it down into a powder.NOW i've been searching the web for a few hours and cant find a solid answer on a dosage of this stuff (everyone says to convert it into HCL) so yeah im just wondering would it be worth taking this stuff,i have quite a weak belly even poppy seed tea makes me puke from time to time and im a fuckin daily user of the stuff haha so yeah and what dose of this stuff would be good i have about 35ish grams of the powder and plenty more san pedro to boil up so dosage is no factor,if it would be a better option to convert it into a HCL could someone PLEASE post a easy tek with SAFE chemicals (the furthest i have gotten is making shatter out of BHO so my chemistry skills arnt top notch,ive tried to make dmt a couple of times and failed :/)

im going to post a picture of the stuff i have.i have no fucking idea how to tell if this stuff is potent or even going to be active so yeah a few tips would be great :D

http://postimg.org/image/ub9y6e7g9/

thanks in advanced =D <3 PLUR J~S <3 =D

P.S sorry if im breaking any rules but im desperate to try this drug and id love to give some to my friends but dont want anyone freaking out and would hate if someone paid me for it and got no to mild effects :/

Last edited:
What you've got is pretty much impossible to quantify, as it is going to be only a small percentage of mescaline. How much % can vary a lot (i don't know the exact figures, but dried cactus goop is still pretty bulked out with various oils and plant matter).
Personally i would titrate my dose, which is pretty inevitable anyway.
Even a reasonably strong pedro trip is fairly gentle, in my experience anyway. I think you run a pretty low risk of "freak outs" - you'd have to be pretty gung-ho to take a dose that would run that risk.

Last edited:
so far ive read that the cactus is %1 mescaline if the diameter is 1.5-3 inchs so if i were to take 25 grams that would equal 250mg (hopefuly) ill be dosing tomorrow n let u know how i go :) cheers for the info i thought thats what people were gonna say anyways....btw what do u mean titrate your dose????

What SJ said, but I think you are over-complicating things a little. Most people take about a foot of cactus or so, depending on the diameter. I really wouldn't think that what you have would be an overdose, even if you took all of it, but start small to be on the safe side.

we are making a tea out of the renaming cactus (i still have the 35 grams of dry powder) i put like 2.5 feet in a pot and have had em simmering for like the past 3 hours.im about to collect the water that is in the pot and add 600ml of new water and simmier it for another 3 hours.....so far thats the most simple way to get the most of the product into your system and yes i think thats a good idea SJ :) i shall do that

I wouldn't worry about taking too much - remember Aldous Huxley a frail, 64 year old guy who'd never tripped before- coped fine with 400mg of pure mescaline HCL.

The problem with ingesting the powder is going to be the nausea - cactus powder and stomachs don't agree too well. The problem with cactus is that to get a decent trip you have to endure some pretty intense nausea. If you can it's always better to do a HCL extraction but if that's beyond your capabilities then you'll just have to see how it goes. If you want a decent mescaline trip (mescaline is a very gentle psychedelic - there's practically no chance at all it's going to overwhelm you like mushrooms or acid can) then take everything you've got. But be aware you'll more than likely get some heavy nausea.

One thing to consider - rectal admin eliminates the nausea entirely - but it's got it's own set of problems - keeping juice up your bunghole for 45 minutes can be very uncomfortable.

Mescaline is beautiful but the nausea is hard to get around. It's a really gorgeous physical high - like mdma but cleaner and more electric, music is incredible, being out in nature it really emphasises the greens and browns in the colour spectrum.

One thing - don't spend too much time "boiling down" without tasting it first. I've spent days boiling it down to half a cup full and then took one taste, gagged and put the cup back down saying "Fuck that" :)

Good luck man, let us know how it goes.

That doesn't look much like powered cacti, it's usually a very light green, and also check out the D-Limonene tek...

and yeah ismene we didint spend days boiling down 2.5-3feet of it but yeah fuck does it have a bitter taste!is that how its ment to taste?crazy bitter haha i think i MAY be able to get it down,keeping it down however will be the hard part! i assume the mescaline has kicked in by the time the nausea starts???i sure do hope so!

That doesn't look much like powered cacti, it's usually a very light green, and also check out the D-Limonene tek...

i swear it is san pedro why would i bullshit you?would you like a picture of the cactus? cus i still have a live cactus growing.....thanks ffor the tek tip ill check it out :)

and yeah ismene we didint spend days boiling down 2.5-3feet of it but yeah fuck does it have a bitter taste!is that how its ment to taste?crazy bitter haha i think i MAY be able to get it down,keeping it down however will be the hard part! i assume the mescaline has kicked in by the time the nausea starts???i sure do hope so!

It's meant to taste like cactus snot :)

I think if you can keep it down for an hour or so it should be good to go. Takes a long time to come up tho - sometimes 2-3 hours.