• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Dresden's Chemical Fluff Thread (Name-A-Molecule)

Propylhexedrine is the second to the last molecule's N-methyl homologue.

1-(5-methoxy-2-oxo-benzofuran-6-yl)-2-aminopropane.png

ELON MUSK
^--one of the coolest names I can think of

1-(2-oxobenzofuran-6-yl)-2-methylaminopropane.png

LEON SANFORD

1-(1-acetyl-indole-3-yl)-2-dimethylaminoethane.png

HARRY HOUDINI

GANNON --> 1-acetyl-4-OH-DMT
LEE --> psilocin / psilocybin
MIKE --> 4-OAc-DMT (best iv'ed)

Houdini and Gannon are there to skirt legal issues, much like ALD-52 does with LSD. The last two are just trivial nicknames of mine.

"The MIKE stands for money and the D is for diamonds."--The Beastie Boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad, I had missed it's being the primary amine homolog of propylhexedrine. I was damn tired when I wrote that, and just recovering from a nasty stomach virus.

No Worries!

(2S)-N-hydroxy-1-phenyl-2-methylaminopropane.png

FRENCH MONTANA

"I Will Raise My Hands To The Mountains From Whence My Salvation Comes."--The Bible.

This one--O-acetyl-bufontenine--is for IV use.

1-(5-acetoxyindole-3-yl)-2-dimethylaminoethane.png

NATHAN

Not completely convinced this next one, 2-des-methoxy-DOC, is active.

1-(4-chloro-3-methoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

SEAN

1-(3-methoxy-4,5-methylenedioxyphenyl)-1-(pyrrole-2-yl)methanone.png

DREAM SURREAL

1-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)-1-(pyrrole-2-yl)methanone.png

NIGHT VISIONS

1-phenyl-1-(pyrrole-2-yl)methanone.png

RIDGEVIEW (weak stimulant)

1-(3,4,5-trichlorophenyl)-1-(pyrrole-2-yl)methanone.png

X-RAY OJOS

1-(isobenzofuran-5-yl)-2-methylaminopropane.png

DAN(IEL)

1-(7-bromo-isobenzofuran-5-yl)-2-aminopropane.png

NICHOLS

Last edited by a moderator:
OAc-bufotenine might be more active or easily absorbed than bufotenine itself. I'd not reccomend it however, bufotenine in my experience is active, but very,very rough in terms of bodyload.

I don't think 2-benzoyl-pyrrolidine is active as a stimulant, unfortunately.

That is a pyrrole, not a pyrolidine,
Anyway, pyrole N is not basic as the lone pair is imbued as a part of aromatic ring system.

Ok, so then, maybe make these next two with dimethyl amines instead of pyrrole or pyrrolidine?

1-(1-pentyl-4-hydroxy-indole-3-yl)-1,2-dioxo-2-(pyrrole1-yl)ethane.png

WAYNE

1-(1-pentyl-4-hydroxy-indole-3-yl)-1,2-dioxo-2-(pyrrolidine-1-yl)ethane.png

FLOYD

Am quite sure I was telepathically high on

1-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)-1-(pyrrole-2-yl)methanone.png

WILLING WAY

the morning of my spinal tap last spring. It was very, very peaceful. Don't hate me because I can be telepathic please.

Some points:

1.If you want cannabinoid activity, remove the OH from WAYNE and FLOYD,
Or change it to OMe, or they will be absense of CB1/2 activity.

2.WAYNE is quite unstable to acidic environment, i think even pH5-6 aq. workup will dealkylate the pyrrole.
Maybe the phenolic OH itself is able to autocatalyse this reaction in polar solvent already

3.Both seems to not withstand vaporization tho, if administration is done at all, they seemed to withstand less than 100 C due to the nature of that “oxalyl” type, prone to degrade to carbon monoxide, idk about your molecules, but similar molecules with this indole,CO,CO,aryl bridge decomposes at like 45C-70C so i had to workup in ice bath. (I was synthesis polyamine coupling agent at the time)

Ok, thanks, Pomzazed. I need to do more basic and hands on research and am, in fact, starting chemistry graduate school Tuesday. So wish me luck, my friends, good night, to quote Morrissey. How gay is that?

1-(indole-3-yl)-1-(pyrrole-2-yl)methanone.png

ALLISON

1-(indole-3-yl)-1-(pyrrolidin-2-yl)methanone.png

WONDERLAND

If either of these two skeletons are active, then dozens of things can be done at the 1, 2, 4, and 5 indolylic positions, just to name a few.

Next Battle Be TiHKAL. Put It On The Platter--Wu Tang Forever, circa 1997 AD.

Yes, Sir, Mister Method Man.

Limpet_Chicken, this thread and prior excessive posting of random analogues is obviously a joke, perhaps a sarcastic joke on the "I like to draw random molecules" thread. Some of the structures posted there were hilarious, but still, the point of the other thread, despite it being in NPD forums, was to be a place for light-hearted discussions on possible analogues of existing psychoactives for people who have knowledge on drug design or are just amateur hobbyists, a place to share ideas where people might learn some interesting facts without necessarily having to dive deep into chemistry or pharmacology. So let it be. It makes me wonder why this thread is still alive considering how time consuming drawing these structures and coming up with random names for them must be overall, but I happen to kill time with useless activities too, so I'm not judging. ;D

Dresden, i am not keen about tryptamines, so wait for ppl who is better on this subject.

Alisson seems to be an aryl-receptor ligand tho, but i dont think it will do anything besides activating more enzymes responsible for aromatic oxidation (epoxidation, hydroxylation) and maybe possible acting as xenooestrogen.

Wonderland may be active (unsure, wait for tryp people) but seems to be sucky in effect if it is. (See, lucigenol, for reference)

Anyway; good luck in your chemistry studying!
If you are open-minded about the topics, you will find out it has much a vast, vast more interesting topics apart from neuroacgive molecules. This subject is exceptionally wonderful! This is also why I like it, chosen it as my main during my university times.

And I am not regret about it, i feel glad I doing so.
Playing Lego is fun, especially when your pieces are atoms!

A pretty bad joke,pomzazed, and the really annoying thing is the OP is obviously a liar.

Look at him say he is just starting to learn basic chem, then further back, claimed to be an 'established drug designer' whatever that is. I saw through through it and called him out, to give an explanation of his statements, only to be told to fuck off.

So yes I'm annoyed, because the OP is full of shit and a liar.

Pomzazed, what are the structural requirements for aryl hydrocarbon receptors? an agonist at that target would be bad news thats for sure.
But you spotted it, I didn't, not sure of the structural requirements of aryl hydrocarbon receptor ligands.

1-(4-ethyl-2-methoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

EMINEM ["MARSHALL MATHERS"]

AFAICT, the 2,4-peas/amps are canine in nature, while the 3,4,5's are feline.

A pretty bad joke,pomzazed, and the really annoying thing is the OP is obviously a liar.

Look at him say he is just starting to learn basic chem, then further back, claimed to be an 'established drug designer' whatever that is. I saw through through it and called him out, to give an explanation of his statements, only to be told to fuck off.

So yes I'm annoyed, because the OP is full of shit and a liar.

Oh, well, he's playing with you now too, he's an established drug designer by this thread alone if you know what I mean. ;) But I get it, I don't condone name calling, it could be out of boredom or whatever, but I do not condone it. If you can, give him some understanding, if I keep track of what's going on here lately, he's got some meth problem, we all know quitting drugs and then facing reality sober is not an easy thing to do. Otherwise if someone's rude to you, just ignore them. IIRC, Dresden pointed out once he finished chemistry so can't be starting basic chem now.

[rant] wtf I typed a lot on my ipad then lost connection and all texts are lost; gonna retype all em again! :( [/rant]

@Dresden
- Keep it coming, some of the molecules are interesting (although most of them are weirdly named without correlation or whatsover), I just like to imagine their 3D shapes :p

@Limpet_Chicken, @adder
- I don't really mind about Dresden or what he is and is not, as long as the random naming and weird molecules do not spam the main thread, where it supposed to be 'fun'
- Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor (AHR) is a whore receptor; say; it has very wide variety of ligands that will bind to it.
Basically it is just a sensor for xenochemical aromatics so the body can acknowledge and eliminate them from the body accordingly. Since most of these molecules are highly hydrophobic and tends to be stored in fat cells, so the body must find a way to sense them, and abolish them by activating oxidative pathway (mostly CYP450) to make them more polar so being easier to excrete via urine (or adding more functional group so it can be conjugated with, say, glucoronides then excreted)
- But the bad thing about that is some metabolites are even more toxic and just don't want to exit the body (eg. benzopyrene -> its epoxides), and increasing oxidation means alot of free radical concentration damaging other parts of the cells.
- General requirements are easy: 1.Flat 2.Has conjugated pi-system 3.Larger than benzene (Example of ligands: Naphthalene, Pyrene, Indole)
- Substituents on the plane are possible, lipophilic substituents and halogens increase affinity in comparison to hydrocarbon-only ring (Example: anthraquinone, hexachlorobenzene, indigo, benzoflavones, indirubin, dioxins)
- Large Substituents can be out-of-plane if they are not tightly "fixed" onto the plane (say, not polycyclic nonaromatics attached to aromatic like morphinans or sterols which do not bind) and is approximate 2+ carbon distances from the "main ring", (Example: diphenylmethane). This is also the reason i believe that some cannabimimetic indoles metabolite will also activated this ligand (Example: N-Despentyl-JWH-018 and Dresden's "Alisson")
- Even non aromatic can also bind to this receptor as long as it has similar shape of recognition, like conjugated cis-cis-trans or cis-cis-cis fatty acid detivatives. (Example: Lipoxin - interesting structure: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipoxin)

One thing, meeting the requirement does not mean the molecule will bind AHR in vivo, it seems like another requirement is the lack of feasible excretion pathway and being kept inside the cell for so long.

Last edited:
Some points:

1.If you want cannabinoid activity, remove the OH from WAYNE and FLOYD,
Or change it to OMe, or they will be absense of CB1/2 activity.

2.WAYNE is quite unstable to acidic environment, i think even pH5-6 aq. workup will dealkylate the pyrrole.
Maybe the phenolic OH itself is able to autocatalyse this reaction in polar solvent already

3.Both seems to not withstand vaporization tho, if administration is done at all, they seemed to withstand less than 100 C due to the nature of that ?oxalyl? type, prone to degrade to carbon monoxide, idk about your molecules, but similar molecules with this indole,CO,CO,aryl bridge decomposes at like 45C-70C so i had to workup in ice bath. (I was synthesis polyamine coupling agent at the time)

Can we have a thread dedicated to this type of hands on yet still rigorous, quantitative, general and exhaustive chemical information?

I started grad school today. I feel a bit uneasy about it. I'm going for my masters but the professor made it clear that phd programs are where it's at. I just want to make and patent 3 or 4 good, useful compounds and auction off the patent rights. I wonder, do I even need to go to grad school or should I just find a biochemtech company that believes in me?

Limpet_Chicken, I have never made an illegal drug in my life, yet, and I don't know if I ever will or not. (But legally, isn't that on a very real and large way a GOOD thing from my perspective, duh?)

Now, I ain't no spring chicken or a hillbilly. And for your 411, I got syphilis at 11 years old indirectly from Freddy Kreuger, not my mother WHO IS A SAINT. If you've been following all the goings ons of the hive and of bluelight over the last couple o decades, you will know that I am truly a bona fida virtual drug designer of sorts. Or at least I know that. Let's just put it like that. Teamwork: It takes all kinds.

Lastly, if you are interested, I am willing to write up telepathic trip reports for Shiva, Willing Way, and Brooks as long as no flaming breaks out like California wildfires.

Last edited:
1-2-amino-propyl-3,7-dimethylxanthine.png

CUPPA JOE

7-(2-dimethylaminoethyl)-1,3-dimethylxanthine.png

WILLIE JOE

CJ is from theobromine which is from chocolate.
WJ is from theophylline which is fron tea leaves
(Rather easily, I would imagine, in both instances.)

CJ is probably a stimulant, but it *could* conceivably be an entactogen. I doubt that latter prognostication.

WJ is probably a tryptamine like hallucinogen when smoked/vaporized or injected. These two gems, both sourced from uncontrollable chocolate or tea derivatives, are almost guaranteed to be active, as their xanthine nucleus is fully aromatic in its own right, just like a benzene or indolyl nucleus. Bon apetit! Literally, Good Ape Tit, Mammals! So what if mammals suck?! I heart being a mammal with my man pec mammaries and voracious oral sucking fixation, lol.) E N J O Y but remember, Sharing Is Caring!!! You'd better bow down on both knees. Who'd you think talk you to smoke weed!

Last edited:
Actually I really don't have sufficient regard for one who so inanely takes to insult me, to give enough of a damn to value him to the point of view he could easily insult me; yes, there are words that would result in my killing him on the spot, hut he will never know to/about who, or why. And that would apply to almost anyone, not just him.

As far as I'm concerned, he's just a reference sample of arsenacyclopentadiene held just barely around his melting point with really inefficient heating/cooling point. Haven't the energy to attempt to dimerize him and stick a comma in his middle=D

(you gotta give me that for a decent comeback, no? it was at least creative=D)

It was most of all, the fact that he bald-faced lied to us ALL, in saying he was an 'established drug designer' and not long later AT ALL, claimed he was just about entering college to study pharmacology/chemistry or both. BOTH cannot be at the same time, truth, ergo one must be a lie.

And to simply tell me, someone who ACTUALLY knows what they are talking about, in such a forum, well,it is an insult and offense to us all is it not? to openly lie to us like this? it is in my book.

Hell I bet he couldn't make bromethiazole or chlormethiazole if he had the thionyl halide there, the reagent grade very initial substrate, and the thing used to cleave the first starting compound! and thats with instructions! I'm serious, he'd problably poison himself, (hopefully if anyone, ONLY so, and nobody else) because of the pyrimidine byproduct.

Could I do so without that happening? sure! have had to before to avoid having seizures after an obnoxious locum berated me not for coming in too often for my chlormethiazole rescue packs, but said 'oh if you can manage THAT long, you can wait until the doctor I want you to see gets back off holiday'' after I told him 'A-this is a crisis, if I work or not, but I must work no matter what'

Just was a callous prick,and said 'well don't work then, not my problem if I don't make sure you are healthy enough to work' and besides you should have a license if you aren't employed by a uni or in research for the govt. etc. or else not work at all' when AFAIK, here at least, no such specific license actually exists.

Besides, the licensing of a man's activities and hobby, driving aside, things like what I do, that is the purview of a licensing authority, not a GP. And to the best of my knowledge, no such board exists and no license of the kind actually in reality, exists. He basically demanded I go and do what he thinks I ought to because he thinks personally that is how the world ought to work.

I never did get the medical treatment I required that day, although as soon as I could see someone else, (and keep in mind this was a thing instituted by a full time GP who partners the owner of the practice), they just said 'here you go, have a nice day'

I call dresden out not only for posting crap 'soul molecules' or whatever he worded it as? not even science there!, but for actively telling us lies on one page, and claiming the opposite on the next. Of two competing, opposing claims, one of them MUST be false, at least one, I mean, as minimum.

So he should have the guts to eat his words, retract the false statement as such, to us all, rather than pretending not to be a liar, or worse, for telling him straight up that the two statements (his 'established drug designer' statement' and his 'going to college to learn pharmacology/chemistry', those two are mutually exclusive, For asking him to prove this 'fuck off' is not even close to adequate, is it now? and yet he did so.

HAD I now abused him in the same manner, I don't doubt I would have been infracted. Its worse than his shitposting, it is lying to us all.

Rio-the point I was trying to make, was that whilst there are things that could be said to me in person, or where I could get to the speaker, that would bring out physical unpleasantness, insults, aren't them. There might be a few, very, very specific things said that would get that result, yes. But not one of them is about me or even genetic relations.

One individual could be targeted, and I'd flip my lid, anything anyone else, r anyTHING else, and I'd at most tell them (potentially in pretty colourful language all the same) where they can take it, turn it sideways and stick it. I've got a very thick skin indeed. And to care what DRESDEN of all thinks of me? I wouldn't justify his BS. There is a person who exists, who were someone to mouth off at them, I'd be more than willing to do rather unpleasant things to the speaker, otherwise and to even blood family, they'd just get told to go get fucked.

Last edited: