• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Dreaming Into Lucid Reality

methamaniac

Bluelighter
Woke up this morning from a dream went to reach for my phone to stop alarm before it went off, and had a very powerful moment of very "lucid reality."

I was very aware, and I was able to see the answer to any question I was thinking; but I just couldnt hold on to it to remember it. (convenient I know)
It was like I got a glimpse at infinity and was like... "oh i see this is easy to understand".
As soon as I understood the understanding vanished. I tried to grab its tail, but it was already in the aether.
I dont remember my questions exactly either.
I just remember they all seemed to revolve around the nature of infinity. Somehow it appeared one anwser answered all questions.
And like I said I dont remember the answer, but do remember experiencing the answer.
Or at least one that satisfied me cause I had a very confident assured feeling. But not a self-confident or self-assured feeling. It wasn't coming from me.
Time slowed way down.
Its like my thoughts were individual pictures.
I know I wasnt in this state more than a minute (could have been a second) tops because as I was looking at my phone, and the alarm went off.
It was one minute from going off when I first looked at it, and the phone was physically in my hand. Felt like lot longer than a minute.
It was like somehow I went into another "dimension" that lasted a lot longer than a second or even sixty seconds. I cant explain the time thing, so I won't try.

I know this will probably sound like a dream to some. But I have never had a lucid dream/vision anywhere near this. Even on psychedelics.
This wasnt no "acid flashback".
It seemed more real than reality. Imagine the strong feeling of certainty you get from deja vu, now imagine that feeling on steriods.
Yeah, it was powerful. All I can say for sure is I want to experience this again. ☺
Anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

Last edited:
Hi, yes, I have experienced conceptual perception, is what I called it, and even though you don't remember the question, you got the answer, and thats what matters.

Yes exactly, the answer overshadowed the question, and the the feeling the answer gave overshadowed both.
The question dissolved, but quickly after the answer dissolved too.
The feeling of comfort/satisfaftion was the only thing that remained.
And I agree totally, that's all that matters.

I actually only just saw this thread, but I had a similar experience too, shortly before Christmas, I'm not sure of the date, but I was already ill with a cold virus, maybe the 20th or 21st December.
I would say it was more of a terror than a dream though, a nightmare of sorts. I am looking at a picture I cannot remember now but it is changing and there is an impression of infinity into which I seem to be looking closer and closer. The terror increases as this impression of reality dawns and unravels, I am lucid dreaming for a short while before waking in a state of acute fear. It was quite an interesting sort of fear because as I got up to go for a piss I was confident the fear would soon fade and as I got back into bed I would be feeling safe again, which I did after five minutes. The lucid dreaming had the purpose of maintaining the picture when I am in a state of virtual comprehension and awe coupled with a state of the utmost trepidation.
I have had this type of dream irregularly over the years. It has never ceased to terrify me throughout the nightmare but as I enter the lucid dream state, I try to hold on to it, trying to understand before I have to flee the bed in terror for a minute. I thought it was something to do with the virus as I had it before when I was ill once, but it has happened on some other occasions. The terror is always the same, I think the pictures are all quite similar, but I am reassured by my wakefulness within a very short time because it has happened before. The first time was about twenty years ago as a teenager.

^
Interesting.
I'm sure glad my experience wasn't fear based.
I hope I never to experience fear like that in contrast.

The only other time I ventured close to this state before was while using psychedelics but never to this extent.
The time thing was wierd. It was like I got "stuck" in a loop of time, and was spun out of the vortex of time.
Hard to explain with words.
All I know for sure is I was able to experience something real and unexplainable with words.
So calming and reassuring.
Every possible question/concern satisfied.
I have heard similar accounts from a lot of people who have had a near death experience.
They seem to have a hard time explaining this feeling in complete detail as well.
Words don't do it justice.

Last edited:
I had a very real dream one time I was in benzo withdrawals. I think I had a seizure in my sleep because it semed so real I couldn't tell if it had happened or not when I woke up.

After some horrible violent stuff, which just hung itself up and kept being replayed on a loop, the scenario shifted and I was walking into an emergency psychiatric clinic like I imagine they have in big cities. When I came in there were people sitting around a table talking. They were all calm, while I was hysterical. Then a doctor grabbed me and wanted to inject something into my wrist and I screamed "NOOOOO!!!!!" as I was scared he was going to shoot me full of anti-psychotics and chemically lobotomise me (one of my worst nightmares).

But it turned out to be more neutral and just calmed me down. Then I woke up in my bed and it really seemed like something that had happened. I couldn't remember the journey back home but thought I might have seized and lost consciousness. Spent some time really wondering if it had happened, but eventually I realised it had to be just a dream, as there were no physical signs of it ever having happened. I sometimes wonder if I was given some help on the astral plane.

I frequently have less intense versions of what you're describing. Often after waking up.

It often revolves around the mental disintegration of the barriers of the body. A sense that I am not limited to time and form. It's knowledge, more than a mere thought, that the body is... <untranslatable>. An... energy circuit? Far too crude a term. But it's somewhere in the right direction. And yes, it is more real than reality. Reality as we know it is transient. This is not.

There is a theory that conditions such as derealisation disorder are fleeting 'negative' experiences of transcendence. The dark side of ego loss. Having experienced both ends of the spectrum, I ascribe to this theory. I believe the difference between someone who takes mushrooms and loses himself in an incomprehensible nightmarish unreality, and one who takes them and serenely transcends all notions and limitations of self, comes purely down to how that person interprets the same phenomenon.

It would not surprise me if anomolous experiences like the one you described are neurochemical spikes that open one's awareness to modes of perception we are not ordinarily trained to function in. How well you can integrate it may come back to the degree to which you can function in those modes. Which may be something you can consciously develop. It's hard, because there is very little information and even less clarity out there about it, and our language is not at all geared to describe these experiences. But then, perhaps discovering its meaning in your own way is a necessary part of the challenge.

One man's dissociation is another's transcendence, and one man's psychosis is another man's enlightenment.

Last edited:
Flickering said:
It often revolves around the mental disintegration of the barriers of the body.
A sense that I only seem to be limited to time and form.
discontructing the ego increases awareness proportionally IMO. Barriers of the body are fustrating but prehaps needed.

Flickering said:
It's knowledge, more than a mere thought, that the body is... <untranslatable>. An... energy circuit? Far too crude a term. But it's somewhere in the right direction.
Maybe better analogy than you think.
The body is a conduit of energy.
Maybe we have a built in flux compacitor we are not aware of ;)

Flickering said:
There is a theory that conditions such as derealisation disorder are fleeting 'negative' experiences of transcendence.
The dark side of ego loss.
For me the negative from an experience of depersonalization comes as soon as you have to re-enter body and 'reality'. Some folks have a hard time dealing with limiations of body.

Flickering said:
Having experienced both ends of the spectrum, I ascribe to this theory. I believe the difference between someone who takes mushrooms and loses himself in an incomprehensible nightmarish unreality, and the one who takes them and serenely transcends all notions and limitations of self, comes purely down to how that person interprets the same phenomenon.
Its natural to fear the unknown. Once things becomes known the fear subsides. Some people can't get past fear.
Expectations play a role IMO

It would not surprise me if anomolous experiences like the one you described are neurochemical spikes that open one's awareness to modes of perception we are not ordinarily trained to function in.
Like the chemicals realesed in the body to help wake you up from your normal sleep cycle.
Maybe certain chemicals awaken the spirit.

Flickering said:
How well you can integrate it may come back to the degree to which you can function in those modes. Which may be something you can consciously develop. It's hard, because there is very little information and even less clarity out there about it, and our language is not at all geared to describe these experiences. But then, perhaps discovering its meaning in your own way is a necessary part of the challenge.
What's crazy about my experience is I'm not consciously trying to do anything in respect to experiencing the experience.
Maybe when you learn from challenges this awakens another sense of awareness you are able to use.

Flickering said:
One man's dissociation is another's transcendence, and one man's psychosis is another man's enlightenment.
(Not in a negative sense)
"One man's crazy is another man's reality".

I like this sentence you wrote. True indeed!
Thank you (as well as obove posters)
Your whole post was very thoughtful and insightful.
How much I owe ya doc??

Had another "experience" (coincidentally) this morning (2nd since first time).
This time little different. It focused more on education than comfort. Its like I am getting more comfortable with feeling. The education is in the form of awareness, and the awareness seems to confirm some of my understanding of the nature of infinity and wholeness. I hesitate to call it wisdom. It's like I am actually almost able to visualize infinity, but not with 'sight '. Im able to visualize it with feeling.
I'm going to stop here for time being . I'm doing a poor job of explaing this ?
but I guess that's ok.☺
If one has experienced this they will understand.
If not-I don't know how to explain how something taste, to someone who can't taste,
without use of taste buds.

Last edited:
I had a very similar experience. Sat down in the dark to a guided meditation. This feeling of pure understanding came over me. I remember I KNEW COMPLETELY that there is no death. It was like I was connected to some deeper aspect of myself. I knew EVERYTHING somehow. At the time I was ecstatic because it seemed so easy. I told myself that "this is it! so easy! it's right here!." Thoughts came and I was able to see them from a different vantage point. I had this feeling of relief. I also understood on a very deep level that "it doesn't matter". I can't tell you what "it" was... but I knew "it" didn't matter and that it was a good thing. Understanding is the best word I can use to describe this.... like a sudden realization that crawls up out of nowhere and causes you to laugh at how easy it is.

Bah! Words do NOT work. Words only detract from this experience. I feel like a frenzied kid trying to explain some crazy event to his parents that happened at school. Anyway, it left me and hasn't come back, which is in contrary to the experience because at the time I felt like it was so very, very, easy and real.

Sorry for bumping this old thread!

^Sounds like a great experience and your words do convey it even though they may seem inadequate to you. I have had those "moments", too. I find it almost amusing that we can experience such a deep understanding of existence and not have it last. Doesn't it seem like it should be something that the mind cannot go back from? But for me, my mind always returns to the day-to-day angst of my small world--my responsibilities, worries, pursuits, pleasures, etc.--and while I intellectually can describe the knowledge, I no longer truly know it; I do not embody it. Through aging, and through the experience of the death of one of my children, I feel closer to this peace now, or at least it feels more accessible. As if it is simply a place that I now know how to enter if I choose--the irony is how much I let this cluttered existence keep me fascinated enough not to choose it.

for what you wrote, interested to no if the following maybe seen..

even if there is a grain of truth behind what im trying to explain:,well, thats cool then, but my only wish is not to be mocked, so here we go! :)

i have been pondering about dream reality and how this is intergrated back to normal day living for prehaps the minds way of life style
to operate smoothly, through having this as an idea , i then went on to come to a conclusion that maybe dreams are a manifestation of the ignorance we persue of day to day living , social situations, etc! and if you are aware of the idea that in our sensory vision for instance, the brain is capturing a very small point that is not infact externaly there objectively and is actually programing in its idea into that small point of what it should be veiwed as in terms of colour and its dynamical aspect, you may get my drift more so Also if you understand the idea that your sub consiounse is the part of your awake living that dosnt remember, then you could go as far as to say in dream time the truth becomes revealed to you, kinda like a natural play back system of manditory enforced truth .

so folks if you kinda get the jist of this in the same way as me, think back to that episode of star treck that you may or may not of seen wich had the alien invaders that were able to attack star fleet by entering there reality through dreams, now think about people or even more to the point aliens or entitys that you have dreamed about, and if you can now think of being aware of being in a situation in waking life that wasnt quite making sense or maybe seemed irrelevent to the point where you just let it flow in to your head, dont you think all the truth smacks you back whilst asleep? in a way my dilema is the hypotheses of knowing or not knowing that these figurative beings are from a different dimension.To put it sharply who do you trust to let in? could we be exposing our selves to malevolent forces or are these enigmatic characters more benign helpers to guide us right. worm hole intervention? the work of alchemical wizards from different parts of space time continuum?

Don't go back to sleep the next time this happens.

Don't trust anything if you can't see where it thinks or some such was how Molly Weasely put it.