View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dream-tripping

vortech

Bluelighter
I was thinking about timing drugs at different points in the night to influence the sleep/dream cycle and realized this isn't really a thing I've seen people talk about in regards to psychedelics. My curiosity stems from a few experiences a couple years ago in which I experimentally took 3-MeO-PCP before sleeping and ended up with a few of the top 10 most unforgettable experiences of my life. So I was thinking about expanding this experiment to tryptamines and others entheogens. Here is an example: Before sleeping set up an EEG and an IV line. An observer can watch EEG data to determine when you hit REM sleep, or some other stage, and then without waking you up administer a dose of IV DMT. Another idea is to set an alarm for a few hours after starting sleep, wake up to take a couple grams of mushrooms and go right back to sleep, to time the peak of the trip with the time of night with the most amount of REM sleep.

Many of us have had dreams in which we take a psychedelic and then trip out in dreamtime. How about actually introducing those drugs into dreamtime?

As for those unforgettable 3meo dreams...they were profound enough to impact me in a way no other dreams have. The quality and lucidity of the dream ascended beyond what I thought possible. I have a couple of the experiences written out and will post below when found.

That's actually an interesting idea.

I'm not sure if this counts or not but as I was growing up, my dreams were mostly mundane and forgettable. After I started experimenting with psychedelics I Bagan having really profound and somewhat prophetic dreams. I always wondered of perhaps the substance having residual remains could impact the content of the unconscious mind.

Either that or the psychological impacts were deep enough that it changed the way I experienced dreams as well as my waking life.

I've attempted this before but the fact that I've ingested a chemical keeps me from falling asleep, with an ample amount of ALD 52, I'd always wanted to drop it them fall asleep right after just to see what would happen/if there would be an effects on my sleep or dream process.

I would have to say that if you are going to start off with a dream psychedelic you should try Calea Z. if you want some nice dreams. I've had open eye visuals before. Make sure you have a strong stomach, smoke and drink the tea. do it over the course of three days.

DMT made me dream about vaping it and tripping many times, including the fear, trembling, excitement...:)

Hyperzine A could be used in low doses before going to sleep to induce a more controllable dream that will be easy to remember.

Being sick with fever gives me very vivid, meaningful dreams almost constantly.

Stopping cannabis for a while and doing meditational practices daily will most likely cause lucid and weird strong dreams with deep meanings.

Have not tried 3-MeO-PCP so cant say anything about it.
Need to try Calea Z - heard a lot about it's properties, sounds interesting.

I think dreaming ultimately "scrubs" down our subconscious of what is of the most "importance" to our psyche at the current given time of life, so setting up goals and actively working towards them, then taking strong psychedelic and trying to have a lucid dreaming might yield interesting results...8)

I actually did this one time and it was totally by accident back in my self destructive days.
I was really really fucked up on oxys and benzos (don't ever mix them!!) Dropped about 750ugs of 25b nbome nodded off into a fractal kelidoscope world there was not a whole lot of interaction I couldn't necessarily guide my trip to where I wanted it to be. But it was just mind blowing cevs and just a increadible lucid dream. Obviously what I did was dangerous and Reckless as hell and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.
But there is a possibility that if you did take a stimulating psychedelic like mabey DOC, or a nbome, (I don't think LSD) would be very effective on any kind of sleep inducing drug, like Ambien or even melatonin. I've never tried this with the mushrooms or 4 ACO DMT that's a possibility that that would work too.
That was probably one of the coolest experiences I've ever had the chances of you remembering it when you wake up are 50/50

Once I took DOC and laid down to rest until I came up, and I feel asleep by accident. I had this dream where I woke up and was tripping and wanted a glass of water. It was exactly as vivid as real life. I went downstairs to get a glass of water and woke up in bed, repeating the same exact experience of waking up tripping and being thirsty. (Semi)-long story short, I woke up within a dream, still dreaming, 4 or 5 times, each time I got less far in my mission to get water. Each time I was convinced that THIS time, I was actually awake. The last time, I woke u exactly the same, was thirsty, and cautiously went down to get a glass of water, and never woke up again, but for the rest of the night I was expecting to wake up in bed again. In fact for the next few days I wondered about it. As a kid I used to always wonder if I was going to wake up and it would be years ago and my life had been a dream. This experience made me kind of afraid of it again for a while.

In general I have a lot of dreams these days where I wake up within the dream and think I've really woken up. I've also had a few dreams lately where I actually start tripping in my dream, without having taken drugs in real life (but in the dream I did). Always prior to recently, I've either been chasing drugs the whole dream and never actually taking them or I've taken them and not felt more than a slight buzz. But a couple of weeks ago I had this incredible dream where in the middle of it I had an ego death experience, I woke up from it like "WOW!! Holy shit!!". Then last night I had a dream where I took AMT and had such an awesome trip/roll, and in the dream I fell asleep twice and "woke up" still tripping and being glad I was "awake" again to enjoy it. Then I actually woke up and realized I was late to work and it was cold as fuck in my house. :p

Once I took DOC and laid down to rest until I came up, and I feel asleep by accident. I had this dream where I woke up and was tripping and wanted a glass of water. It was exactly as vivid as real life. I went downstairs to get a glass of water and woke up in bed, repeating the same exact experience of waking up tripping and being thirsty. (Semi)-long story short, I woke up within a dream, still dreaming, 4 or 5 times, each time I got less far in my mission to get water. Each time I was convinced that THIS time, I was actually awake. The last time, I woke u exactly the same, was thirsty, and cautiously went down to get a glass of water, and never woke up again, but for the rest of the night I was expecting to wake up in bed again. In fact for the next few days I wondered about it. As a kid I used to always wonder if I was going to wake up and it would be years ago and my life had been a dream. This experience made me kind of afraid of it again for a while.
^^^ Holy shit man, that sounds so trippy!...8o
That would be pretty cool to wake up in another life at the time of death so in that way our existence is just continuous dream within the dream and "we" "just" infinitely "jump" from one reality to another...

I concur on weird dream experiences with DOC - it happened to me just recently as I was finishing my battle with flu and decided to take 0,5mg of DOC and to lie down while coming up - I fell asleep and it was very very realistic feeling dream, where I was dealing with various people in LA (I barely spent time there at all in my life) and taking "important" decisions and I clearly remember that I was constantly worried about having a stash of drugs on me, weird....:sus:

Dreams are so strange. :) I love 'em. A a kid I dreamed a lot and vividly, but in my late teens through about 30 I barely dreamed at all and didn't feel like a participant in my dreams. Since I took ibogaine when I was 30, I've been dreaming really vividly, I usually will wake up slightly throughout the night, especially in the early morning, and I'll keep going back to the same dream. I want to start writing them down more. Actually I had one last night and wrote it down in another BL forum this morning, in this post. It's not exactly what this thread is asking about, but in it I did drugs and actually got really high, it was AMT. It was pretty awesome dreaming about a long, luxurious day on AMT with my girl. :)

wow and i thought i was "original" ..in the mid 70's i set my alarm clock to 4 am ate a full tab of 4 way sunshine and went back to bed..the idea was to not know if i was dreaming or tripping when i woke up.. lol i woke up to take a piss and the toilet flush panned from ear to ear and my piss stream was cartoon yellow..funny i knew i woke up knew i was tripping or either didn't care about the reason i dropped..it wa a good trip till my 3rd period HS class which was graphic arts ..i had to develop 8x10 format camera stock..the red light in the dark room freaked me out ..i left the class went into the woods and chilled then went to read periodicals in the county library

wow and i thought i was "original" ..in the mid 70's i set my alarm clock to 4 am ate a full tab of 4 way sunshine and went back to bed..the idea was to not know if i was dreaming or tripping when i woke up.. lol i woke up to take a piss and the toilet flush panned from ear to ear and my piss stream was cartoon yellow..funny i knew i woke up knew i was tripping or either didn't care about the reason i dropped..it wa a good trip till my 3rd period HS class which was graphic arts ..i had to develop 8x10 format camera stock..the red light in the dark room freaked me out ..i left the class went into the woods and chilled then went to read periodicals in the county library

Its funny you mention restrooms and going to pee, as LOTS of my peak drug experiences happened there during peeing (or trying to do so) - a lot of times very unexpected...:D

Sorry if it's a bit offtopic, but I thought it has something to do with psychoactives and dreams:

I have had an interesting dream in my past, when I decided to go cold turkey with cannabis for a couple of months - I started having bright realistic dreams about smoking a pipe, a bong or a fat blunt but then, on one night I have had a revelatory dream:

Here I was quite lucid and aware of myself in a clean sunny city, walking the street. Suddenly there is a deep and quiet voice that clearly tells me: "Take the bus and go to that address." And so I do it. I remember seeing other people on the bus and there was a little girl holding a bunch of baloons and I thought - This is weird, I wonder where it is all going to? I had a feeling of being in the matrix, just like in the movie.
Then the voice tells me to get out of bus on the next stop and so I do. There was something about that voice - very affirming, I didnt even want to question it's authority.

The voice then tells me to go inside that red bricked multi-story apartment building and so I go in. The building was also sun-lit and very clean inside, almost sterile. As I'm walking up the stairs the voice says, prepare your sword and the shiny sword appears in my hands. I'm starting to feel a bit weird at this point.

The voice tells me then to enter one of the apartment and so I do. I see a family inside - at least 5 people, including kids. The voice then tells me to start chopping them. I for some weird reasons cannot resist it and I start chopping on those "people" - they actually were made out of some kind of plastic and so every time I would hit them with the sword, soft chunks of their plastic pieces would fly away. No blood or any other liquid inside but they were melting at the surface where I would cut them with my sword. I had no remorse, emotion or any compassion for those plastic beings - it was very weird.

After I was done with that apartment the voice told me to go up the stairs again, and as I move up, more of those plastic people show up and it becomes a non-stop chopping process. Wild! 8(

I woke up in the middle of the night, still hearing the Voice, heart beating super fast, not knowing what to do and who to talk to. Eventually I analyzed the dream using Jungian approach - that is every character in our dream is a little part of us, providing an insight to our true nature. And as I was quitting the cannabis, I was struggling with myself, I came to think that those people were my addictions, or rather me's being stupidly high.

I remember the very first sensation that I got when I first dosed (Mushrooms was my first) was that it felt as if I was dreaming, except that this was a forgotten feeling that I've always known. The place between life and death, that other side. I believe I was touching our collective unconsciousness.

I've thought about doing this but i don't have the connections to risk wasting a dose on falling asleep. The only time I fell asleep during a trip was when I knocked myself out with Xanax during an extremely bad shroom trip. I woke up two hours later feeling like I just survived my soul be tortured.