• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dramamine and Ativan

Dare7

Greenlighter
Does anyone know that effects of taking dramamine and ativan? What doses? What order? Would like to get really, really relaxed and get a really good sleep!

^Then I would probably skip the Dimenhydrinate (Dramamine). Lorazepam (Ativan) should be enough to get you relaxed. I don't think the Dimenhydrinate would improve things in an appreciable way, but it wouldn't hurt either. There's no reason why you can't take them simultaneously.

The ativan doesn't usually relax me as much as I'd like. What do you think about order. Ativan first. Dramamine first?

I also have some oxycodone but not sure how that impacts relaxation. What I'm trying to do is get excessively relaxed quickly and have a really long good sleep. Thinking the oxy would help with the duration of sleep. Ativan usually wears off quickly and not sure about the dramamine.

If you are trying to sleep id highly recommend you use benadyrl or generic diphenhydramine 25 mg instead of dramamine. Dramamine contains diphenhydramine like benadyrl however, also contains chlorotheophylline (*I beieve some chloroxanthine) which acts similarly to caffeine to antagonize adenosine a receptor that builds throughout the day and contributed to drowsiness. Therefore, dramamine contains a cns stimulant. Also, I would be very careful not to consume tol much diphenhydramine if you want to be sleepy and relaxed. Low doses of diphenhydramine block histamine which is involved in wakefulness. Therefore, blocking it can cause a slight sedative effect. However, high doses of diphenhydramine block muscarinic acetylcholine receptors which play a important role in your parasympathetic. (Rest) nervous system the result could be racing heart rate , restlessness, anxiety, and tremor.

Thanks. Wasn't aware of the stimulant effect I was going to use a Wal Mart brand. It doesn't seem to have any other chemicals. Just the Dimenhydrinate. Do you know what the difference is between diphenhydramine and Dimenhydrinate? I really dislike Benedryl.

Last edited:
Dimenhydrinate is Another Way Of Saying Dramamine Both Dramamine And Dimenhydrinate refer to benadyrl with a caffeine like compound to maximize its ability to preven motion sickness without causing sedation

Found this on Quora

Benedril is diphenhydramine (bonded in a hydrochloride salt formulation).
Dramamine is also diphenhydramine, but bonded to 8-chlorotheophylline, which whoever put the two together decided to give a different name altogether: dimenhydrinate. To say the least, doing this was an unorthodox practice.
The only functional difference between the medications is that upon dissociation, the hydrochloride salt (which is converted to hydrochloric acid in the stomach) possesses no bioactivity, while 8-chlorotheophylline goes on to be absorbed and pass the blood-brain barrier, where it acts as a mild stimulant not fundamentally different from caffeine. The purpose of this is to reduce drowsiness produced by diphenhydramine, but within the therapeutic dosage range the sedative effect of the diphenhydramine will always significantly outweigh the stimulant properties of the 8-chlorotheophylline.
So to sum things up, you wouldn't really be functionally incorrect to think of Dramamine simply as Benedril with just a pinch of caffeine.

Ya I just had diphenhydramine 150 mg plus 75 mg at plus 6 hours and 12 cups of coffee over 6 hours and im still pretty drowsy. That being said caffeine does definitely reduce mental sedation or brain fog that hard to describe feeli ng of your brain being impaired.