• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dr. switched someone to zubsolv but they still have Suboxone prescripts can they fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEDNERB

Greenlighter
Their doctor last month switched em over to zubsolv because insurance covers it and it actually is working better for them now. Last year their insurance dropped Suboxone coverage and said it's non formulary so they had to try zubsolv and now actually really like them. My question is if insurance pays for the zubsolv but they still have 2 perscriptions for 90 8mg Suboxone strips, plus the pharmacy has another 90 on file. Now for this whole last year they been paying cash for suboxone using the discount card. Can they still fill those prescriptions even though they're now on zubsolv? When they told the pharmacy that It was getting switched to the zubsolv but they might not like them and might stay on Suboxone, they told them even if they get the zubsolv filled they can still buy Suboxones if they pay cash. The Suboxone they fill at a very small mom-and-pop Pharmacy. But they get the zubsolv, alprazolam and other medications from Rite Aid. RiteAid never had the Suboxones in stock so they went to the other Pharmacy because they're close to a county funded suboxone program and get lots of customers for them so they always have them. I'm just wondering this because it would be a shame for them to waste almost 300 Suboxone when they could buy some here and there and save them as a backup or for a rainy day.

This isn't really an appropriate question, or at least it does not seem to be

And you seem to have answered it yourself, though; can't go into the hypothetical's, unfortunately

I see way crazier post on bluelight then the question that I asked people talking about shooting up Suboxone and stuff so I don't know how that's inappropriate isn't this the place for that? Or did I just post this on the wrong section? I'm new. And the reason I'm asking is because I've been battling an opiate addiction for many years and I buy Suboxone from him. They have honestly improved my life I don't think about suicide every day I don't lay in bed all day long I take care of myself I eat I can play with my kid my life is "normal"again after many years. But they're afraid to fill the Suboxone even though he pays cash for them that's why I'm asking I don't know how Insurance works I don't know how dr's work. I'm just asking for information because I don't want to go back to where I was.

Last edited:
Being a HR site we are more about the safe ways of using drugs vs the legalities of your friends prescriptions and whether or not it would show up on the Electronic Prescription Monitoring Database. It's nothing personal against you, just the rules of the site. I do wish you well and hope it works out as ORT has saved many lives. Keep posting and hope to see you more frequently. :)

Ned, why don't you see if you can get prescribed the medication for yourself? This way you're not relying on someone else to get them for you and it would be completely legitimate. We're not trying to be mean but you can get into trouble having drugs that don't belong to you. I'm closing this as it falls into a prescription legality area but wish you the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.