Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DPT sucks

Yes

• It does

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I clicked this thread because I saw it's a pool and my ego can't resists giving its opinions

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters

pufnvhmo

Bluelighter
Dpt suckass

It is physical as fuck
Tachycardia, lot of tremors (more than any other drug I've tried) jaw contractions... That shit is like DMT with 4-FA. Who would take this crazy combo?

Plus it has a few reported cases of rhabdomiolys and other bad shit. Unlike DMT which is super safe and has literally 0 bodyload. Who want to feel unsafe when tripping and having a strong bodyload?

Fuck DPT and all random drugs. Just stick with the basics all-time kings LSD DMT shrooms and whatever why you playing with random bad shit?

Its intense for sure, sucks it does not however.
Ive had terrible and traumatising trips om dpt.
Tvice ive broken through and being attacked by demons on it.
Was f'in awful but also cool as a mf.

The pure psychedelic power dpt posess is only matched by dmt.
However dpt is a totally different vibe and not something you do for fun.

Also doses below break through are very euphoric and empowering.
It sucks to snort but IM shots are very pleasent untill you pass a certain threshold, then its pure terrorism in powder form...

Still wish i stocked up when it was legal here.

I wasn't aware of any cases of rhabdo from it, do you have a source for that? I'd like to know about it.

However, at this point I consider DPT one of the classics, it's been around for a long time now, people began using it in 1973. It even has a religion built around it. Heavy duty, absolutely. But so many people rate it as one of the very top-tier, one of the deepest of all psychedelics.

I wasn't aware of any cases of rhabdo from it, do you have a source for that? I'd like to know about it.

However, at this point I consider DPT one of the classics, it's been around for a long time now, people began using it in 1973. It even has a religion built around it. Heavy duty, absolutely. But so many people rate it as one of the very top-tier, one of the deepest of all psychedelics.
There is at least one here https://www.researchgate.net/public...yptamine-associated_trauma_and_rhabdomyolysis
And another one about a girl who took unknown dose orally, but I can't find the link anymore.

It's around since 1973 but not widely used or studied. Religions are dumb, I wonder how serious was this religion or if it was some random group of hippies

Thanks for the link. I'll say that DPT has been widely used among the psychonaut community for decades, and I've only ever heard negative reports that involved having frightening or uncomfortable trips. Almost everyone I know who has taken it considers it their most profound or among their most profound, worthwhile experiences.

I love DPT! It has a lot of physical load, which I can definitely see as something that could turn people off. It's something I find I can work with - on big doses I deal with it by lying flat so my muscles don't have to do anything, and relaxing into it. It's very powerful and non-recreational, not for everybody that's for sure, but it's a great tool for deep tripping.

I've never taken DMT to compare FWIW, so maybe if I took DMT I'd say fuck this DPT shit. But I super doubt it. I feel like I have a pretty good sense of what DMT is all about and I can't imagine DPT becoming redundant because it's a different kind of arrow for the quiver. Like a lot of the people on BL PD I'm a pluralist when it comes to psychedelics.

But yeah, you could restrict yourself to just LSD, DMT and mushrooms, and life would be just fine, and those would be great choices. I'd probably take LSD to the proverbial desert island. But it's nice that we have the choices and different directions we can take with all the different psychedelics.

I would love to see more earlier literature on DPT. It's like when I was first playing around with aMT and found out about it's history dating back to the early 60s with it being included in Ken Kesey's psychedelic arsenal as the experimental drug IT-290. This is why this whole debate of classical versus research chemical gets muddy and seems to be more based on a substances acceptability among the masses (ie popularity as a measurable metric).

I would love to see more earlier literature on DPT. It's like when I was first playing around with aMT and found out about it's history dating back to the early 60s with it being included in Ken Kesey's psychedelic arsenal as the experimental drug IT-290. This is why this whole debate of classical versus research chemical gets muddy and seems to be more based on a substances acceptability among the masses (ie popularity as a measurable metric).
Popularity = has been way more used = more scientific research = it is less of a gamble, in term of health

While DPT was not what I expected nor did I find it very "fun", I thought it was certainly worthwhile. I've definitely had shittier psychedelics imo, 5-meo-met and 5 meo dalt to name a few

For me the bad trips were def a dose iissue.
Since lower doses are very similar to generic tryptamines with alot of euphoria and breathing walls etc.
So for me it was just natural to keep dosing untill it got intense enough to show its own chararacter.

The problem was that the threshold between low and boring and way to high is so small.
Im sure there is a sweetspot somewhere that is just perfect.

Also both My high doses were in a polydrug combo with att least 2other psychedelics involved ATM.

I actually had One other dpt trip that was just nice.
It was att boom 2012, i was going to take the Night off and just chill.
But then i started doing ketamine lines in My tent.
After a few bumps i started mixing dpt in My lines and got a really unique Buzz going.
So i went to THE dance floor and sat semi holing listening to kindzaza

One of my least fave psychs too. Tested 4-5 times. I remember it with tremors and kind like dark edgy vibe... Probably my fault as choosing bad set/settings for it. Would totally try again in a good setting

I love 5-meo-dmt, tho, and I would love to try 5-meo-dpt... that one seems intriguing as F

I love 5-meo-dmt, tho, and I would love to try 5-meo-dpt... that one seems intriguing as F
I'd try it too, and I agree it's intriguing as F, but from what I can surmise, it's not the amazing hybrid of DPT & 5-MeO-DMT that we might hope for. Seems to be its own beast entirely, from what I can gather reading reports etc. Did you think so too?

I love DPT! It has a lot of physical load, which I can definitely see as something that could turn people off. It's something I find I can work with - on big doses I deal with it by lying flat so my muscles don't have to do anything, and relaxing into it. It's very powerful and non-recreational, not for everybody that's for sure, but it's a great tool for deep tripping.

I've never taken DMT to compare FWIW, so maybe if I took DMT I'd say fuck this DPT shit. But I super doubt it. I feel like I have a pretty good sense of what DMT is all about and I can't imagine DPT becoming redundant because it's a different kind of arrow for the quiver. Like a lot of the people on BL PD I'm a pluralist when it comes to psychedelics.

But yeah, you could restrict yourself to just LSD, DMT and mushrooms, and life would be just fine, and those would be great choices. I'd probably take LSD to the proverbial desert island. But it's nice that we have the choices and different directions we can take with all the different psychedelics.
I love DPT, but it's only broadly similar to DMT. It's about as similar to DMT as is 5-MEO-DMT, but DPT is intermediate I'd say but more like 5-MEO-DMT than DMT. DMT is way more visual whereas DPT is better described as visionary; more like a dream state than a conventional OEV/CEV thing.

I used to take stupidly heroic doses (200 mg insufflated), and at that level, it was sort of like a 5-MEO-DMT trip only whereas with 5-MEO-DMT (and DMT for that matter), you blast off within seconds, with insufflated DPT you had about ten minutes from insufflation to dissolution. It comes on fast but nowhere near as fast as smoked 5MEO and DMT.

After a few minutes, the world starts to dissolve and you really need to lie down on a bed as you approach the ten minute mark, and then you have an experience much like 5MEO. Like 5MEO and unlike DMT, at breakthrough doses there's a profoundly euphoric full body orgasm like sensation. Like DMT and unlike 5MEO, there is often a sense of encountering 'entities', though they have a character distinct from DMT 'entities'.

Also unlike smoked DMT and 5MEO, high dose insufflated DPT lasts several hours (~4), most of which is quite intense.

Interestingly enough, at much lower doses, it can be used recreationally, but isn't particularly interesting. At lower doses I remember thinking of it as a 'goofy' psychedelic. Pretty generic low dose OEVs (trails and undulations) but you feel a little unsteady on your feet.

Last edited:
While DPT was not what I expected nor did I find it very "fun", I thought it was certainly worthwhile. I've definitely had shittier psychedelics imo, 5-meo-met and 5 meo dalt to name a few
At high doses DPT definitely isn't a recreational drug. More like lie down and dissolve for a few hours. It's definitely a psychedelic superpower in terms of the power of the experience, in the same league as DMT and 5-MEO-DMT.

In low doses it can be used recreationally but it's not particularly special.

Dpt suckass

It is physical as fuck
Tachycardia, lot of tremors (more than any other drug I've tried) jaw contractions... That shit is like DMT with 4-FA. Who would take this crazy combo?

Plus it has a few reported cases of rhabdomiolys and other bad shit. Unlike DMT which is super safe and has literally 0 bodyload. Who want to feel unsafe when tripping and having a strong bodyload?

Fuck DPT and all random drugs. Just stick with the basics all-time kings LSD DMT shrooms and whatever why you playing with random bad shit?
I have never taken DPT or any research chemicals. Maybe it is not for you? Not everyone likes the same drugs or has good experiences on them. I know people who loved LSD, shrooms, and others who loved cocaine, methamphetamine, Ketamine/ PCP/DXM but hated pot/hashish.