View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DPT orally

silverbirch

Bluelighter
I have recently acquired a number of geltabs each containing 150mg of DPT. From what little information I could find it seems that oral is the least effective and least popular route of administration. Erowid states:

Although it was mentioned in TIHKAL that DPT is orally active, we found this route to be quite unpredictable when taking it without an MAOI. Recent reports indicate that propyl-huasca works very well using the standard amount of MAOI combined with 75-150 mg of DPT.

Due to the form in which this compound was delivered to me I am limited to consuming it orally. Does anyone have any experience with this ROA, and will I need to procure an MAOI in order to experience this tryptamine?

I never got a lot from oral DPT. I tended to insufflate it. I tried eating about 80mg but didn't get much, and had been smoking DMT before/during so I am not sure if I felt much beyond the DMT. I did try smoking it as freebase but it was quite disgusting so would not recommend. If you have enough to experiment with, I'd probably try and eat a tab and see what happens. 150mg does seem like a relatively large dose but orally I am not sure what would happen. Can you not split these up or something?

Yes, I could cut them up with scissors. 150mg is said to be the lower bound of the "Typical" dose range.

Oral is a big waste of material IMO, the one time I tried that ROA-100mg- and got nothing. Meanwhile a tenth of that amount insufflated is quite active (10mg would be considered a microdose, but because it is such a hardcore tryptamines it still felt about the strength of a hit of LSD).

Oral is a big waste of material IMO, the one time I tried that ROA-100mg- and got nothing. Meanwhile a tenth of that amount insufflated is quite active (10mg would be considered a microdose, but because it is such a hardcore tryptamines it still felt about the strength of a hit of LSD).

Interesting. I didn't get much from less than 30mg snorted but probably cross tolerance was a factor. I wish I could find this shit again. True entheogen IMO.

Of course it seems like you Australians have it pretty rough in that department. Poor bass turds. ;)

I've got some Moclobemide (moclamine brand from biocodex), which is a reversible inhibitor an MAOI-A that I bought for use with psychedelics a while back. They're 150 mg pills and a few years past the expiration date but no bother. I found a poorly written report of DPT and Moclobemide combination, so there is some precedent, but not sure if anyone here has tried this combo. Maybe I'll try it one of these days. It'd be interesting to experience DPT this way.

id be curious what sort of oral dose (both DPT and MAOI-A along with how to administer/timing) I might combine to get at a similar levels to say 30-40 mg DPT insufflated.

I wasted lot of DPT trying it oral; it's barely active - 150mg is pointless without an MAOI - with one it definitely works at that level but I think if I had 2 x 150mg I'd snort or smoke it - more the latter due to the stupendous pain.

I can confirm that nothing happened after the first hour and the whole experience was a solid baseline. Looks like I'm going to have to get my hands on some Syrian Rue.

if I had 2 x 150mg I'd snort or smoke it
I would've too except mine came in geltabs, which are sealed solid masses.

Actually yea that's the way to go. Dissolve into a solution and then plug.

Yep. It's not as effective as insufflation, but it's still fairly effective.

Is it hard on your colon? Might be a worthwhile ROA to avoid the sinus discomfort/grossness of smoking. I've never plugged a PD, I'm a bit squeamish about starting a trip by sticking something up my butt.

The rectum is quite resilient, I've never had anything cause burn at all if it's diluted enough. Plenty of things that would burn in the nose don't burn at all even as concentrated solution or powder (as in, dry powder in a gel cap) in the bum.