• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DPT - a true gem, or an ugly demon?

After reading several glowing reports I've been combining dpt and ketamine. The ketamine mitigates most of the dpt's side effects, no tremors when I take the k a few minutes before the dpt.

I'd put this combo in the same category as k and dmt, sounds scary but ends up being hedonistic, and deep/spiritual at the same time.

Didn't care for it much on its own. Its too strong enough as it is without dealing with appendages with minds of their own.

Read the hour long organism report a while back, made me really want to try ketamine + tyrptamines.

Would having ket on hand for a first DPT trip be a good idea, as a means of escape if things go too dark?

DPT is one of things I look forward to trying most. It's sounds exceptionally rich and varied, even if potentially dark.

In my experience, DPT only reveals its dark side at very high doses. 40 mg IM in combination with low dose AMT was absolutely blissful, but pushing that dose to 80-90 mg total via IM injection was majorly overshooting the target. I've also noticed a underdosing phenomenon (based on only one trial), characterized by disproportionate tension and discomfort at a dose of 10-15 mg insufflated. DPT seems to have a sweet spot where all the distracting peripheral effects disappear and the true beauty of the drug emerges.

To answer the first question, I've had some luck with ketamine acting as a buffer when things got a little rough with MET, but I don't think it's necessary with reasonable DPT doses and I'm not all that confident that it would be effective in most cases.

DPT joins the company of a select few psychedelic gems in its propensity to inspire elaborate descriptions of the state it produces.

Quoting psoodonym:

"Yes, it is the most tactile and synaesthetic psychedelic of my collected experiences. There is an overwhelming sense of a yielding aspect, as well as an almost immaterial limpidness in its character. Every stride sails by spider’s silk. Innocence, majesty, and mercy become the highest qualities.

Its metaphysical myth-making faculties are second only to 2C-E in their prolificness. Through the portal of this quality I have seen two men, small, wizened and wise, pursuing one another eternally on bicycle-like contraptions across the exposed root system of titanic Spirit Lifting Pylon Trees. Their infinitely contented laughter soaks into the vault of leaves, and raises the branches and their spectral burden endlessly toward the sun through the mere sound of its levity. (It is not just a vision, but a whole surrounding narrative, complete with nascent taxonomies, that it imports.) In short, DPT is like a fairytale for happily schizophrenic children."​

Tried it once with a cumulative dose of 125 mg over about 2 hours. Started off with 50 mg which gave mild ego dissolution and general lower-end +3 psychedelic effects, with not much in the way of visuals. The booster doses took me into a full-blown psychedelic state in which I could not do much but lay down and say stuff like "what is this?" and "I am ready to die now". This was accompanied by visuals, thoughts, tactile sensations mixed up into one, buzzing conciousness. All very intense.

Pretty much what a high dose should be like - the main difference being that taking several small doses provided a smooth ascent/descent into this state. The bodily discomfort was intense, but this seemed to be more akin to what a woman in childbirth feels, not what a strung-out druggie feels - and there was none of the darkness others have reported. On the contrary, this trip was characterized by a shameless and natural indulgence in all things sensory - and, by extension in this psychedelic state, all things cognitive.

Was that snorting it? IM is far smoother an onset (although be prepared to take off like with DMT) and requires a sight less - your comment about mild ego dissolution at 50mg; IMed that's a full on full blown leap into psychedelic space.

In my experience, DPT only reveals its dark side at very high doses. 40 mg IM in combination with low dose AMT was absolutely blissful, but pushing that dose to 80-90 mg total via IM injection was majorly overshooting the target.

After experiencing 50mg DPT IM, I shudder to think what 90mg IM would be like, but can see why you'd say the higher doses reveal the darker side as even with 50mg it hinted at what being overwhelmed in a bad way could be like

Shame DET isn't more easily available as it's easily the gentlest dialkylated tryptamine I've tried (all of the good bits DMT & DPT have without any of the bad)

Last edited:
Was that snorting it? IM is far smoother an onset (although be prepared to take off like with DMT) and requires a sight less - your comment about mild ego dissolution at 50mg; IMed that's a full on full blown leap into psychedelic space.

Snorted, yes.

After experiencing 50mg DPT IM, I shudder to think what 90mg IM would be like, but can see why you'd say the higher doses reveal the darker side as even with 50mg it hinted at what being overwhelmed in a bad way could be like.

To be fair, it was 40 mg IM followed by another 50 mg IM at 1:00. I still wonder how I came to rationalize that dosing strategy. More is not always better. DPT mutates into a fearsome beast at that level, infusing itself into one's rapidly morphing environment and ruthlessly crippling one's ego defenses.

IMO it can be either gem or demon
Like all psychedelic its a tool. And very powerful one.
Whether its a gem or a demon depends on your
experience with it.

Ive had 2 DPT trips. One was 60mg snorted, by which i was underwhelmed.
Another time was 60mg snorted followed by 20-30mg smoked 30 minutes later.
The second trip was very powerful. More then i had expected or desired at the time.
During the trip there were moments that were quite frightening and had me wishing for it to end. But a mear couple hours later i was almost at tears filled with joy over what i had just experienced.

So yeh, it could be both or neither. Sometimes in the same trip.:\

After reading several glowing reports I've been combining dpt and ketamine. The ketamine mitigates most of the dpt's side effects, no tremors when I take the k a few minutes before the dpt.

I'd put this combo in the same category as k and dmt, sounds scary but ends up being hedonistic, and deep/spiritual at the same time.
as much as i love ketamine im still yet to try this combo. even after all the rave reviews.
maybe next time i get K:\
i got a bit of DPT tucked away especially for this combo
Shame DET isn't more easily available as it's easily the gentlest dialkylated tryptamine I've tried (all of the good bits DMT & DPT have without any of the bad)

Shame indeed, its the one im most looking forward to trying. But its so elusive.

So is the genral consensus that 30mg IM'd is a full dose?

Might as well ask now since we have a fairly active DPT thread:

What are you experiences with LSD and DPT in combination? Can I take a moderate dose of LSD, snort a lower dose (say 50 mg) of DPT during the peak and expect a space similar to full-on DPT, or will it just make me more confused without much benefit?

In my experience the DPT dominates and its peak effects are extended by about 50 percent. I recall the experience as less ego-dissolving and more introspective than DPT alone at the same dose as in combination.

With DPT, I think its a gem at lowish doses (insufflated)- 30-50mgs....or very hgh doses (insufflated)- 150mg's. In between is kinda unpleasant...

In my experience the DPT dominates and its peak effects are extended by about 50 percent. I recall the experience as less ego-dissolving and more introspective than DPT alone at the same dose as in combination.

Thanks for your reply!

i like to toke DPT in single mg doses when on a 2C-X, very blissfull, and without the vibration it gives me when I smoke it sober.

Never had the opportunity to try it. Although i suffered incredible shaking from a high dose of DMT.. so i would probably be cautious if i ever had to chance to experience it.

The best DPT combo seems to be with ketamine - with LSD it just kinda - I dunno doesn't quite show it's true colours maybe because of recpotor availability - the magical edge DPT can have has never revealed itself to me in combo with acid - just ramped up the visuals a tad