View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dph...

Judis

Greenlighter
Ok so I've seen alot of negative attention around this substance and I was wondering if their was any recreational value to it at all. "Highly realistic hallucination" sounds pretty good and I've wanted to expiernece something of that sort. LSD was fun for me but it didn't really give me super crazy visuals (it was still fun though). And considering that Its legal I was considering giving it is a shot. Advice?

Dph has got to be the worst OTC drug that you could try and abuse. I do not know where you heard it has highly realistic hallucinations, it is more akin to beforehand seizure optical ‘floaters’. Those ‘visuals’ you see at obscene doses? Yeah that just means your having acute anticholingeric toxicity.

I get it, you want to know what it is like. However, this is one you don’t want to mess with. It’s not worth it at all. I would rather you take some DXM instead for more interesting visuals.

In fact, this is the pneumonic ER nurses memorize for anticholingeric toxicity (which you WILL get if you start having visuals):

1. Hot as a hare (Hyperthermia)
  2. Dry as a bone (Dry Skin)
  3. Red as a beet (Flushed)
  4. Blind as bat (Mydriasis)
  5. Mad as a hatter (Delirium)

Doesn’t sound like much fun to me. Especially the delirium. I read this subreddit where some guy wanted to do what you’re considering but ended up in a psychiatric ward the next day in restraints. According to the nurses he had broken the restraints multiple times...

I’ll try to find that reddit again, it had some really good info.

Yeah, almost universally the consensus is that DPH is not fun, not recreational, and feels bad. The hallucinations are due to delirium. The body feeling is very bad. The emotional state is negative. It's just not worth it, plus it's really bad for you. There aren't a lot of reports where people say they would repeat it or it was worth it. I did it once, many years ago, and I felt a feeling of fear the whole time, and my body felt heavy and shitty, and stuff kept startling me in the corner of my vision. I just wanted to sleep but I couldn't (even though taking 50-75mg of DPH is a great way to fall asleep which I use sometimes these days). I had a hangover the next day. I vowed never to try to get "high" on it again, and I haven't.

^Actually there is some people who even abuse the stuff for years. 420chan/del/ you can find those people.

But those are some strange individuals.
Definitely not recommend, just like Datura. Even though dph is probably safer and way easier to dose.

I think those people have a thing "700 club" meaning 700mg of dph which is a full heavy delirious dose.

Some people use it for masturbation in lower doses, lol

The hallucinations are due to delirium due to anticholinergic syndrome, just like Datura, these deliriants are extremely dangerous, and the hallucinations while extremely vivid and detailed are not pleasant most of the time.

My sister once had an experience on dayquil, by accident. It was unpleasant and not like the hallucinations observed in other substances

Yeah it should definitely not be thrown into the same basket as DXM, cause this makes people to misjudge its effects and dangers. Dissociatives can shake your world violently enough but they are much more forgiving than delirants like DHM / atropine / scopolamine. And, afaik, much more enjoyable. %)

I've only did DHM once, or twice but once in high dose (500mg) due to the same error. I was young, 17 or 18 y/o, and it was just weird - thankfully I did not get any hallucinations, just a sick, toxic and very dry & hot body feeling, a huge aversion against the substance and that was it. Don't want to imagine what'd have happened if I just upped the dosage the days after, desperately hunting for a DXM-esque high.

As already's been said, anticholinergics can and do give you true hallucinations, and a delirant state of mind, in which anything might be an illusion but you can't know it until it's too late. People on DPH do things like smoking imaginary cigarettes, speaking with people who aren't there etc.. that's a different beast even than true dissociation (onDXM's Plateau 4, maybe also 3, its own anticholinergic effects come into play though, so yeah DXM can also be a delirant. But the dissociatives also tend to immobilize the user with increasing dosage, adding a safety net to the whole experience.)

DXM can be very valuable for people. Diphenhydramine, though... I've heard it summed up in just one word: spiders.

DPH brings back some bizarre experiences
It's one of the most dysphoric drugs ive encountered.
Stick with traditional psychedelics and disassociatives IMO

The stuff just feels weird to me, not enoyable in any sense.

Dph has got to be the worst OTC drug that you could try and abuse. I do not know where you heard it has highly realistic hallucinations, it is more akin to beforehand seizure optical ‘floaters’. Those ‘visuals’ you see at obscene doses? Yeah that just means your having acute anticholingeric toxicity.

I get it, you want to know what it is like. However, this is one you don’t want to mess with. It’s not worth it at all. I would rather you take some DXM instead for more interesting visuals.

In fact, this is the pneumonic ER nurses memorize for anticholingeric toxicity (which you WILL get if you start having visuals):

1. Hot as a hare (Hyperthermia)
  2. Dry as a bone (Dry Skin)
  3. Red as a beet (Flushed)
  4. Blind as bat (Mydriasis)
  5. Mad as a hatter (Delirium)

Doesn’t sound like much fun to me. Especially the delirium. I read this subreddit where some guy wanted to do what you’re considering but ended up in a psychiatric ward the next day in restraints. According to the nurses he had broken the restraints multiple times...

I’ll try to find that reddit again, it had some really good info.
First off Thanks for the response again man. Second, Damn that story is crazy yeah I don't think it's worth it at all If that is a potential consequence. Yeah maybe I'll try some more DXM or try taking a larger dose of acid for some actually dope hallucination and not full blown psychosis lol dph is crazy and I think that's part of the allure if u get what I'm saying or that's how I feel anyway

There is no redeeming value in DPH. I should write a trip report about it to add to the many others that say the same thing now that I think about it. The only reason I haven't is due to the fact that I was embarrassed to have even gone through with it at the age I originally did. I re-visited it once and found more of the same. It doesn't do anything but make you totally crazy for a day and leave you feeling awful for many days afterwards.

I know where you're coming from: you're curious to see if all the people that have gone through with it just had a bad time just couldn't handle it and think you'll be in the 1% that seem to the enjoy it. You're probably someone that would not take it if they could find anything else and/or are seeking out an OTC "trip". My advice: Don't seek it out and do DXM instead. At least with DXM there is something to make the days or feeling like total shit worth it. The only people that I've known that enjoy DPH and similar substances regularly aren't right in the head even when they're sober. No offense to anyone that may come along to tell me different. If you're both sane and someone that enjoys DPH regularly you're probably like 0.1% of the population.