View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOYN 1-(4-ethynyl-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane

egor

Bluelighter
Given that the 2c analog (1-(4-ethynyl-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminoethane) is reported to be similar in potency to 2c-b, but with a shorter duration, what are the odds that the DOx version could have the full character of DOET but with a bit more managable duration.

Thoughts anyone??

I sure have no idea at all, but I'd love to find out. :)

* giggles at the thought of substances named DOY or DUHHH

according to the paper on 2C-YN, to be found in another thread, you are right. The group suggests the striking similarities
would result in a compound whose activity lies close to a couple of celebrated PEAs with maybe even some favorable
tweaks. Sometimes I don't know if I like the similarities of 2C-X / DOX PEAs, if you try a couple expecting at least some
novelty from distinguishable chemical identity it can be pretty hard to probe past the typical sensation of the chemical subclass,
at some point the fact that set and setting are never the same can make it damn near impossible to find actual unique qualities.
On the other hand if you like the subclass and don't presume to be a coinnaisseur you will often be satisfied. :)

Who knows, maybe a neglected factor makes the -YNs very special. I think it's not one of the easiest compounds to synthesize
though... thats often a bit of a speed bump.

Last edited:
Well I do admit of course that the 2C-Xs/DOXs all share some serious similarities, some more than others. (I assume you meam 2C-Xs are barely indistinguishable from other 2C-Xs and DOXs from other DOXs, not that DOC is nearly indistinguishable from 2C-C, for example). However the differences between them, especially certain ones, are due to far more than just different sets and settings, at least for me. For example, I would never mistake the effects of 2C-E for any of the other 2C-Xs in a blind test except perhaps 2C-P. Likewise, DOC has a much different effect on the mind for me than the other DOXs, most notably in the second half. Although clearly there are a lot of similarities... the basic feeling is very similar.

I suppose that's not the point of this thread but I wanted to mention it. The 4-HO-Ts and 4-AcO-Ts are harder to tell apart, except for a few (the -DMT and -DiPT ones mostly).

I understand you Xorkoth, but I was rather talking about 2C-Xs/DOXs that are isosterically and electronically similar - resulting in the supposition that X-YNs resemble their bromine and iodine analogues.

A trait of so-called designer drug design is that laws are circumvented (though not in the US a.o. of course) by changing the chemical composition but keeping the effects very similar to an outlawed substance - say 2C-B.

This is perpendicular to design of other substances preferably as different and exotic as possible - to probe deep into the unknown territories of psychedelia.

My original point seems to elude me, generally we're just speculating on the advances of novel compounds, whats nice whats not and if something else, i forgot.