• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Doxylamine Succinate

Wow, fuck. I mentioned a venue in DD! Probably when I was a mod too! Heheeheh... ;)

Cheers BT! (and sorry!) :)

Jimity: assuming you take the same dose of Stilnox you would take if you hadn't used MDMA, it should be fine.

I find Stilnox gives me a much worse hangover than temazepam or diazepam, to the point where one morning I had no choice but to return to bed for an hour to try to sleep off the intoxication (I could barely stand). This was after 6 hours of sleep and 10mg of Stilnox. This is despite the claims that Stilnox has a short half-life, of around 2.5 hours, and a duration of 6 hours.

I was just wondering if there are any problems with taking this a relatively short time after meth. If you have kept going well into sunday would there be any negative interactions in taking this on sunday night?

Actually, I have noticed with the Restavit, that I experience absolutely no dreams whatsoever, so it's strange that someone above mentioned that it suppresses R.E.M. sleep.
Now, this is the fifth night in a row I have taken Doxylamine Succinate (brand-name: Restavit) and I find it does the job nicely. In no way is it euphoric, but I find sedation to be pretty enjoyable anyways. Anyone know if I would acquire a dependance and/or tolerance for doing this nightly for a couple of weeks at all?

Also, any personal accounts on withdrawal symptoms if there are any?
I take 75mg's a night, and took 100mg's a few nights ago. Do you think that would do any harm over a long period of time?

I am rather sensitive to Restavit .... used 1/4 table for months with occassional breaks ... worked well till I decided to stop totally.... then became very itchy for several weeks! Can find no other documentation to support ... so was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar.

Addiction to anti histamine-like drugs I guess.. A big histamine release will cause itchyness and flu like symptoms. I think there's not as much harm as Dramamine but still harm. Don't take more than you need.. If you find it isn't working find something else if you really need a sleeping tablet every night, but theyre going to be more addictive is the problem.

Dormidina

Pleonastic said:
Was just wondering if anyone had any info about Doxylamine Succinate. From doing a search I've found three threads where it's mentioned - one of which BigTrancer had this to say: The specifc questions I was after are:
1) The sleeping pills mentioned (Restavit, Somnil), are they over the counter or do they require a prescription? Also, if they're the sort of thing that you have to ask the pharmist for, what's the best thing to say (some of them get narky when people ask for sleeping pills)?

2) Is it a good idea to be taking these after a weekend on the meth/pills? Are there any known contradictions if I were to say take Doxylamine Succinate on the sunday night at around midnight? I currently take two mersyndol in this situation, which means I'm already taking 10mg of Doxylamine Succinate along with 19.5mg of codine and 900mg of paracetamol.

3) Does Doxylamine Succinate have any know record of being either addictive, or hard to sleep without once you get started on it?

Thanks guys - any other info would be appreciated too... :)

[Edit- No sources. Please read the guidelines before posting. lil angel15]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a good idea to use on stimulant comedownsa unless it kinocks you out or you'll be hallucinating like crazy.

I had a bad experience after the first and only time I've used this stuff. On the tail-end of an mdxx experience, with alcohol and weed still present in my system, I had a bad headache and asked a friend (whose house I was crashing at) if he had any panadeine. The only tablets he could find had paracetemol, codeine and doxylamine succinate in them, so I consumed a couple.

It worked rather well in that my headache was gone and I fell asleep very quickly. It felt like it had knocked me out as I didn't have any dreams. However at around 4 hours after going to bed, a number of people (that went to bed much earlier than me) were awake in the house. Their talking woke up me, and I could clearly hear what they were saying. However, I couldn't move my body at all, and I could only just barely open my eyelids the tiniest fraction (and even then, my eyes weren't focused at all and were looking in different directions). I tried to speak but I couldn't do that either. It was a rather strange feeling and lasted around 30 seconds to a minute before I felt like I passed out again. I slept for ages, and like other have mentioned, I still felt drowsy when I woke up. The experience wasn't particularly alarming to me, but I havn't really felt like trying the stuff again since.

Doxylamine, even with no other drugs present has the power to give mer the WORST sleep paralysis. Toi the point it makes me believe im on a rail road, or on a road with a bus coming, and i CANNOT move. Very scary.

i love restavit
i don get that next day drowsiness like i do with phenergans (promethazine)
and i always get a good sleep

goes well with some codeine too ;)

Two days ago I was feeling a tad bit tired from the party the night before. Reached into my drawer for an Olmifon (Adrafinil) and popped it. Normally coupled with a small dose of caffeine, the adrafinil will keep me focused and sharp while doing some chores around the house.

This time however, I was organizing some vinyl and next thing I know I'm struggling to make it to my bed. 8 hours later I woke up groggy as hell and realized what had happened. Both Olmifon and and Restavit tablets are white and scored across one side, looking nearly identical. I had popped a 25mg Doxylamine by accident and slept most of the day away. Why won't these damn company mark their pills uniquely?!?!

Anyways, don't know why I decided to decided to relay this pointless story, but I thought it reasonably amusing I suppose.

i've used this a couple of times last week due to quitting another sleep inducing substance that grown on herbs, and found that the next day im basically tripping, cant focus, characters move on the screen, things are breathing. the first time i took it about an hour before bed and felt like i was on smack! and whats more, i did not feel refreshed the next day, i felt like i had not slept (minus the bags under my eyes)

are these normal responses?

i find the next morning extremely scattered and tired...

i've only had these a couple of times when i really needed to go to bed but benzos are better without that bad hungover the next day.

oh and apparently it doesnt work on everyone, i had a mate who ate a few (one after another ) cuz he couldnt sleep and stayed up all night before crashing down hard and slept for maybe 12 hours.

a week ago i went to the chemist and got some dozile otc it was easy as i just asked for some sleeping pills and said id had some herb ones and they didnt do shit. the dozile is doxylamine succinate and im popping 2 a night to take the edge off the dexies from study. 1 which is 25 mg semi worked the first night and after 2 nights i started having 2 and they work really well, take them about hour or so before bed and im sleeping within half hour easy and i stay sleeping till the morning. ive had no adverse effects after half the pack (10) and yeah i feel tired in the morning but who doesnt just have a coffee and everythings sweet.

good pills, highly recommended haha

Watch out, some people will not go to sleep when on stimulants, or not evben on stimulants with this drug. Theyll have a crazy, warped and scary experience... Maybe its not the majority but take it into consideration.. especially if you've smoked a half gram of shards or something