View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines DOx tolerance

malakaix

Bluelighter
I was gonna ask this in the ADD LSD thread while we were on the topic of it, but i didn't wanna de-rail the purpose of the thread.

Anyway.. i could of sworn i found info on here regarding the tolerance too DOx substance's, but i cant find it again ;/

I know with LSD tolerance is pretty much gone after 3days - week? Depending on dose, from memory i remember something about possibly DOI or DOB been a little longer upto 2 weeks? But i could of been mis-informed. I have a few tabs which im certain are a DOx substance.. tripped on two..

And i plan to trip again soon (few upcoming events) but i wasn't sure on tolerance issues.

Sorry if this has been asked, i just couldn't find it again from searching.

Most psychedelic tolerance will fully be cleared in a week with any substance afaik.

^^ No way. In my experience, the phenethylamines, particularly the psychedelic amphetamines cause much longer-lasting tolerance. While erogloid and tryptamine tolerance is nearly gone after ~7 days, 4-halo-dimethoxyamphetamine tolerance seems to last for a month. I haven't done DOI or any phenethylamine psychedelics in a few years (DOI is such an intense commitment--you really need to prepare for that one and have about a 4 day period free, as the exhaustion from tripping for 18-20 hours strait is profound), but that was certainly my experience then. I would like to have a discussion about the neurochemical and biophysical underpinnings of 5-HT2a receptor desensitization and downregulation in the wake of different psychedelics, but I'll probably take that to ADD.

Last edited:
I also find this one week rule to be untrue, esp with the phenethylamines. Their tolerance is near semi-perm, I am afraid to announce (at least for me).

I'm wondering if this indicates neurotoxicity with any of those chemicals. I dunno.

I know with LSD tolerance is pretty much gone after 3days - week?

As a rule yes - but if you use it for extended periods - like years - the effects seem lessened requiring a longer break than say a week. IME anyway

This hasn't been my experience at all.

With phenethylamines I can generally trip 48 hours (like one full day in between really) after my last trip with no real drop in potency. I can tell that it does slightly... because tripping every other day for about ten days, the last trip was slightly less potent than the first. I could imagine due to the duration being longer that the amount of time you need to wait is higher, but I can't imagine 4-5 days being more than enough. I wouldn't be surprised if you could trip 2-3 days after without any real loss of potency.

Not something I could do, due to job and other things that I take up time... but if you had all the time in the world... I honestly do think 3-4 days would be enough.

i agree with isotopic parody.
i can trip on 2c's for mulitple days with only a light build up of tolerance.

I dont know if thats the case for DOx's though. Dont have much experience in that area.

I'd also be curious if the tolerance kicks in pretty fast like lsd, or if re-dosing does work better.

redosing works (in my experience) just about any time during the trip... once I'd taken a pretty low dose - my measurement was out apparently, bumped it about 3 hours after initial ingestion and worked like a charm :)

I have never really had the urge to get enough DOx to gain much of a tolerance.

My DOM experience left me saying "well that one that will be saved for festivals"

I also find minimal cross tolerance between lsd and doc.

Thats why i love to use them different days in festivals.
Day 1
2-300ug lsd, ket, thc etc.

Dag2
3mg doc, ket, thc etc.

Dag3
4-600ug of lsd ,ket, thc etc.

If its more then 3 days then i might throw in mdma, cocaine etc aswell.

But im def tripping Hard all week this way.

With just lsd it get very expensive doing more then 3days straight. ( My record is about 2,5mg lsd the last day with maybe 150ug worth of effects)

DOXs produce a fair bit of tolerance, but it doesn't last longer than other tolerance. I mean it lasts longer than short-acting substances but there doesn't seem to be some special mechanism by which tolerance lasts much longer than others. I used to trip on DOC every nearly weekend and it always worked fine.

That's my strategy for festivals, too, BN. Going to one next weekend, I'm getting there Wednesday, will probably take a tryptamine Thursday, playing Friday, might take MDA Friday night after playing, then LSD or DOC on Saturday.

That sounds like a blast X!

What kind of music do you play?
Im mostly in to darkpsy and similar deep sounds.
Did a 2day cabin party last weekend.

First time doing a big doc dose at a party, did it early on saturday after sleeping 3-4h. After fridays 200ug lsd, 3g ket ,hash and at least 500g of nitrous.
Saturday/sunday i did 3mg doc, similar amounts of everything else.

I finished of my binge a few days ago, did a little bit of mxpr and about 3g ket sun-tue.

I also stopped taking kratom on saturday, so i planned on a mega trip binge to start of my withdraws.

Feel pretty decent now on day 5, def not getting hooked on kratom again.
Did about 5-10g daily for a year.
Tappered to 5g last weeks before taking last dose on friday.

Now i just need to not start doing alot of ket.
Once every few months is about right.

I'm in a jam band I guess you could say, very funk/Americana blend, with some other influences. I bring some classical influence, as my youth was spent as a classical pianist.

Kratom sucks to be hooked on. I am just finishing up kratom withdrawals myself after the umpteenth time getting addicted. Since I've spent so much time addicted to opiates, it takes like 2 weeks for withdrawals for me now. I'm around 2 weeks now and feeling pretty decent but definitely not 100%.

I find it impressive that you guys can take such large doses of strong psychedelics at festivals, I trip quite hard off 200ug acid, same with 3mg DOC. Festivals are so hectic, I just come to listen to music but if I'm tripping (and especially on acid) I'll be so distracted by everything that is happening, quite annoying cause in theory it would work really well

I don't dose super high at festivals, anymore at least. I'd take 2mg of DOC, max. The last time I tripped balls it became too much, I took 75mg of AMT, then 4 hits of acid, then freaked out, then accidentally dosed 2mg of DOC instead of 2mg of etizolam, then freaked out more, then dosed 2mg of etizolam and stayed up the next 48 hours and had an amazing, crazy awesome trip. But not worth the brief freak out.