View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOX Comparisons

kumaRUFF

Greenlighter
So my friend and I have been trying to run through the gamut of psyches lately and were quite interested in the DO* family. I've been rather experienced with psyches since I was 13 (LSD, shrooms, 4-AcO-DMT, AMT, DMT, etc.) but he had only tried mushrooms so I wanted to wait until he had a bit more experience before we dove in to a 24 hour trip. I feel he's good to go at this point, and I've been doing a bunch of research on Erowid, BL, D-F etc. and have been reading the entires in PihkaL over and over again and have been having trouble deciding where we should start.

I just wanted to start this thread to see if anyone had any suggestions in a good steering point with that family of drugs, and if anyone had any info on the differences and similarities of the trips, and what to expect from each one.

Was more so just trying to find some people with first hand experience to lay out some of the major differences in the trips.

Like which is the most stimulating, will they all make it hard to sleep at the 24 hour period, etc?

Last edited:
All of that is in Pikhal.

We're not going to tell you what you should take.

Changed the thread title to avoid misinterpretation.
Thanks for not closing it. The only DOx I've tried is DOM and I am very curious to know how it stacks up against the others.
I have heard the DOx halides (DOB, DOC, DOI) are very long-lasting. I have had DOM many times and it's very similar to 2C-E with regards to onset and duration of effects (up to 8-10 hours).
DOM has the least mindfuck and body load out of any psychedelic I have ever had. I love going to the gym on 5-10mg. It's very visual but I find it to be somewhat lacking in the euphoria department. It does feel nice but the body high is weak compared to 2C-E (everybody I know who's had both agrees with me).
It is fairly stimulating, but nowhere near as much as LSD. Its 'speediness' is highly overstated. I believe a lot of it is placebo - people are expecting it to feel speedy because structurally it's an amphetamine.

I would recommend DOC. I find it to be the best of them by far and also the best feeling. It's one of my very favorite psychedelics/drugs. It doesn't last the longest of them but it does last a long time (16+ hours, higher duration if you take more). I find it to be sort of like a cousin of mescaline and LSD combined. It's generally euphoric and it feels nice, and there is a lot of psychedelia.

I've also had DOB, DOI and DOM (and aleph-1/DOT, but only at a threshold dose). DOI is decent but it's not nearly as warm or positive and DOC, it's significantly more stimulating, and it lasts longer. DOB I haven't fully experienced but from what I gather, it's very intensely psychedelic and can have a negative bodyload. DOM is very clean and crisp... very light on the body, I have taken it up to 10mg and didn't trip very hard. I have a feeling it could get very psychedelic at higher dosages. It also lasts the shortest amount of time of any DOX.

Recently DOPR became available and the reports make it sound absolutely amazing. I haven't tried it yet but I certainly hope to soon.

Yeah, I'm following DOPR closely because I have an interest in DOC. Whenever I read DOxx comparisons, those who've done more than one always recomend DOC & that's why I chose it.

DOM is aka STP, isn't it? I guess it might be a good idea to try at least one other DOxx before I die & if it isn't DOPR, it'd probably be STP =D

Somewhere I saw doc compared to al-lad. Can anyone comment on this? Al-lad is probably my favorite psychedelic. So I would be much more interested in doc.

I wouldn't say they're too similar, but I would say that both produce euphoria and feel good. DOC is a more intense psychedelic though IMO. I prefer it to AL-LAD, it's one of my very favorites. They both have great visuals too. DOC of course lasts for a LOT longer, more than double the duration.

DOM is aka STP, isn't it? I guess it might be a good idea to try at least one other DOxx before I die & if it isn't DOPR, it'd probably be STP =D

Yes, the fabled "STP" is DOM. DOM is a good one, I like it, it's very clean-feeling and light, actually. I think the reason there were so many reports of people freaking out and stuff on it back in the day is because as I recall the tabs were made with 15mg doses. So someone taking, say, 2 would be taking a VERY high dose of DOM. I have tried it up to 12mg and I never found it to be overwhelming at all, it's quite friendly though more neutral than DOC. More crisp as well.

So excited about DOPR, the few well-written reports we have so far make it sound incredible.

Serenity, Tranquility, Peace aka DOM... The people who took it in the late 60's where use to LSD... When they felt nothing after 30 min they took one or two more... then it hit them... Hard

I believe the doses where 20 mg each... If they had information like we do now, that would, never of happened!... Harm reduction is a wonderful thing to share...

I have thought for years that The Orange Sunshine i took was STP... until i talked with Stan Owsley... He confirmed to me it was 250 to 300 ug pure and blessed LSD...