• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Down to half....dex

zagor

Bluelighter
I was taking 25 mg dexedrine ir twice daily for 2 years. Now Im down to 13 mg twice daily. I take 2 mg off every week. Before I couldn't imagine it and made threads about it but I started using Niacin flush and I believe it helped.

Some people have no problems quitting these drugs (which are neurotoxic, all amphetamines are just look on pubmed) while others get destroyed by it.

My brother was on 15 mg twice daily for 2 years and it caused him neuro degeneration. Not only is he suicidal right now but he is being tortured by symptoms that are fucking hard to explain too. He also cannot get enough sleep any more. He is always sleep deprived no matter how long he sleeps and it is dangerous.

Don't use this shit long term and avoid it at all cost if you can. Just type dexedrine on askapatient.com and you will read horror stories. One guy on reddit says whenever he tries to quit he becomes extremelly enhadonic and suicidal. But again I believe most people will be OK.

I miss it. I miss the clear thinking and focus, it lifted my depression when I was on it but if I continued I believe I would end up like my brother or worse.

Cheers

Some people have no problems quitting these drugs (which are neurotoxic, all amphetamines are just look on pubmed) while others get destroyed by it.

Amphetamines are not neurotoxic at all doses. Many people take Rx doses for decades with no evidence of harm.

Sure some studies will say they are safe but there are doctors who NEVER prescribe it. Like I said, some people will be just fine but some will get destroyed. They used to give apms to soldiers in ww2 to make them more aggressive. I wish they weren't so I could continue them because they helped my depression and sleeping but the bottom line is they do kill brain cells. If you are biased then heroin and cocaine have natural sources too. If you take heroin on "normal" doses that doesn't mean it is not harmful.

We can agree to disagree. I know for a fact that they are more toxic than psych drugs. There are people who can take it for 30 years and be OK while others get fucked in 2 years or less. That's why they call it legal speed. It should be illegal. askapatient.com is just one place where you can read horror stories if you type "dexedrine". There are scientific studies also in support of this.

It is not a theory. Just like some people get psychosis or depersonalization from marijuana but most people are fine with weed while more people on dexedrine have commited suicide, induced sleep issues, made them go crazy. Most doctors give it out like candies but that's their job, prescribing more means more money for them and pharma.

Amps are very neurotoxic and people who have pre-existing conditions are more prone to be harmed from it.

I am now on 11 mg 2x daily. Note that I am taking brand name which they say is more potent than generic. And I am now really sick. Today I am supposed to go down to 9 mg but it made me too sick. Last night I almost hurt myself.

I felt better was when I was taking dexedrine in 2019-2020. Now that I screwed my brain with oxy/bupe, amps added to the brain damage. MANY people got horrible anhedonia after quitting amps. I don't have a bad one yet but this drug, together with all previous once had made me really sick now.

My brother on the other hand is bed ridden and has symptoms that he cannot even describe. The worst one is he cannot get any restorative sleep. He never had that problem before although he did have another sleep issues. I do to but at least I can sleep, for now. He was taking only 15 mg 2x.

Be careful people. If you have a history of drug/meds use or a mental disorder avoid amps at all costs even at rx'd doses. If you do not, still avoid prolonged use.