View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Doubling up LSD to counter tolerance

t_wrex

Bluelighter
Hello! Like many of you, I am sequestered at home this week, but am unfortunately going to have to go back to work from Friday to Sunday (my job has basically switched a group of us over to weekends only).

I tripped on 3 hits Sunday. Should I try to double the dose (or more) on Thursday? I've never tripped this close together before, and I'll have the house to myself on Thursday night, so logistically it would be a good day. Will doing 6-8 hits be enough to counter tolerance? And even so, will the experience still be worth it? Looking for some opinions on people who have tripped within this amount of time. If enough of the sparkle will be lost from the L, even with a larger dose, would it be better to wait?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You don't need to double it, I find a weeks break, even 5 days, is enough to significantly reduce tolerance, assuming no downers are thrown in.

If you want your money's worth though the rule is always 14 days. IME 7 is plenty though.

Alot of tolerance is gone within the first 4 days well the bulk of it is and then over the next 10 days the rest slowly fades away. If you eat 8 blotters your gonna trip fuckin balls dude and I'm sure it will be a blast. I waited 9 days between my last trips after binging super hard for five days straight on DOC. Well I thought since I went so heavy I would need to take alot to make it a full on experience and well I was wrong. I'd eaten 5mgs of DOC this passed Sunday and tripped way harder then I thought I would, couldn't even see properly during the peak from the Visuals becoming so Swirly. It was wonderful and I felt so Euphoric, what a top notch drug that is. Maybe take like five blotters or something if they are strong you should be good and have a plus three I would think.

Last edited:
Thanks. Keep in mind I have tripped every weekend for many months now, so tolerance is already pretty strong. I might try 4 and see how that goes.

4 sounds about right to get close to your experience 4 days ago. You may want to google "LSD tolerance chart"

I once tripped 3 times within 5 days and each trip was really strong twice on shrooms and once on acid.

Other times i had a week between trips and the tolerance started to become noticeable. I just tripped within a week and i feel like this second trip was even stronger than the first at the same dosage.

Not everyone gets a tolerance. I have tripped daily for 5 days taking LSD daily in low/moderate amounts daily and it worked just fine.
Fair enough; I've noticed this with 4-aco-dmt myself. I can use it a couple days a week and still get good effects. LSD and phens react heavily to tolerance for me, but, YMMV as they say.

I personally would find it a waste of quality product. My rule for psychedelics is waiting 7 days between trips but some psychs are prone to have more tolerance than others offcourse. LSD being a tough one in this case.

You can get away with 3 days minimum IMHO, but every day extra helps.

Yeah, I was actually surprised at how effective the 4 were. Tolerance felt pretty negligible.

Here's a point, do you notice a correlation between tolerance and personal health? I've been getting back in shape recently and exercising every day, perhaps this factors in? No idea if that idea has any merit.

Yes this double dose rule isn't secure. One day I doubled the dose 12 hours after the previous trip and it was way stronger.
Another time I tripped 2 two days later at the same dosage and it was just fine.
In the other hand tripping every week progressively create a tolerance.
Habit is the real trip killer for me.