• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

🍄 Gardening 🍄 Dosing shrooms first time reccomended amount?

rottenopossum

Greenlighter
I take SNRIs and don't want to end up wasting money on an amount of shrooms that won't be strong
I'm ~130lbs taking 50mg Pristiq and 50mg Strattera
How does that affect dosing? Dry weight preferred

Not sure about the SNRI but at 130 lbs I'd only recommend 1 to 1.5 grams. Not much but tbh I don't usually trip on more than 2 grams. It's a good recreational dose and if your intention is something more introspective or whatever you still don't need much. But starting at 1 is very safe. Possibly a bit disappointing but better safe than sorry.

Hard to say because of the meds, the interaction between ssri/snri's and psychedelics seems to be a bit individual.

But otherwise i agree with the others about a good dose.
Also mushrooms are hard to dose because batch/quality can vary.
But if its potent cubensis then 2g should be enough to feel more then a threshold kind of trip.

I did shrooms while I was on Effexor and I definitely still tripped and felt the effects

It's really individual like someone said about if the antidepressants will dull the shrooms. I did shrooms while I was on Effexor XR and I definitely still tripped and felt the effects. Maybe the visuals weren't as intense but every other aspect of the trip was there, like the body high and mental and emotional high. Don't get me wrong I still had visuals but it was mainly colors enhancement, everything looked really bright and vibrant, my visual acuity became much more sharp and some CEV. But I didn't get the morphed, warped and swirling OEV. But the shrooms I had were regular Golden Teachers anyway which are moderate in potency. As for dosing start with half an eighth. But being that you take antidepressants you might want to try a full 8th just in case