View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dosing multiple times during a mushroom trip

Weedkitten

Greenlighter
I've never done mushrooms but am a pretty experienced acid user. Generally when I do acid, I take a tab, wait an hour, and take one or two more. Sometimes I'll wait longer, and space them out a little before I really hit my peak, and it prolongs my peak and trip duration. I've found that much preferable to taking 2-3 tabs at once, because it comes on too fast and doesn't last long enough, imo.

A friend of mine is hopefully getting us some mushrooms. We plan on doing a lemon tek with probably 2g each to start with (he has never done psychedelics, I'm thinking this should be a good enough dose for each of us). If 2g doesn't seem like a strong enough trip (on acid, at least, I like it to be pretty intense) then could I take a little more? I was wondering, with mushrooms, does it work/is it good to take some to start with, and some a little later on? Or do shrooms not work that way? I love long, all day acid trips, and I know shroom trips are much shorter. Just want to get as much magic and enjoyment out of them as possible!

Thanks in advance!

Hey, welcome to the site.

Mushrooms can be re-dosed after a few hours if you wish to extend the duration of the trip. I find effects diminish noticeably by the third dose and eventually taking more has no effect. Still, the duration can be stretched out to around acid-lengths.

If it is your first time doing mushrooms, maybe wait a while before having more though, as the effects can come in waves (as in you may feel back to baseline one minute, then the walls start warping again) so having that second lot too soon might hit harder than you expected. Also, mushrooms can alter your perception of time, make a few hours feel like an entire day so you may have had enough after the first round, they can be quite intense 8o

Enjoy!

as the effects can come in waves (as in you may feel back to baseline one minute, then the walls start warping again) 8o
This, for me mushrooms were always in and out one second I'm basically sober next I can't roll a spliff because the tactile hallucinations are so strong. Or a song I like comes on and 30 seconds in I trip out and don't even hear the music anymore and then I come back to reality having missed most of it.