• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dosing eth-lad without making blotter or keeping it in liquid questions and ideas

mudderdean1122

Greenlighter
So I am very interested in finally getting some eth-lad to try out, I'm actually quite certain I was given eth-lad and was told it was lsd so I want to compare the two experiences.

I found a source of eth-lad crystal and before placing the order I am struck with the question of how will I dose this compound easily and allow it to be stored for months without waisting any or getting an un even distribution trying to lay it on blotter paper.

The first idea I had was to just make a solution but after further research I've concluded that if left in a solution the shelf life would be significantly reduced and I doubt I could store it for close to a year without losing potency.

The second idea was gel tabs, I think it would be much much easier to get an even distribution of eth-lad in a gel sheet than laying blotter it would be as simple as making a solution, just a little math and PRESTO!!...... . We'll not exactly making geltabs seems like an awesome idea until you have to add heat to cure the gelatin..........

I did not give up on the quest though and today actually I found a cold soluble gelatin!!!!! I think this might be the answer I'm looking for, however I have no experience with this kind of gelatin so it could go either way. The cold soluble gelatin I found is called Instagel. Here is a discription of it from Amazon

Instagel® is a cold soluble gelatin. Unlike traditional gelatin, it required no heat to dissolve or gel. This makes it perfect for gelling ingredients that would be adversely affected by boiling or in cases where using a heat source is impossible or impractical. Use Instagel® as a one to one replacement in recipes calling for unflavored gelatin such as Knox.

If anyone has any thoughts on this I would love any opinions!! Also this is for my own personal use I am not going to sell it nor would I attempt to sell it as lsd if I did. I'm just looking for an easy way to store premeasured doses of a compound that's active in the mcg range.

Also if I broke any rules by posting this here I do apologize and will remove or move to a different section of the forum what ever necessary. This is my first post on bluelight lol I thought I'd actually say something or maybe spread some useful info as I haven't found much info on this topic in the months of looking threw this and other forums.

What will the moisture content be when it sets? Ideally you want one which is very low rather than one which sets like jello.

Admittedly I haven't got experience with gel tabs so I'm not sure how regular gelatin works here. I actually don't think the brief heating to 60*C or so would be an issue.

Do lysergamides degrade in a solution of PEG? I don't know, just throwing that out there.

I had a vial of lsd that stored fine in vodka for well.over a year. It traveled quite a lot and and didn't seem to loose potency. The wash, split with my gf was intense.

I'm not sure the stability of eth-lad but I would assume it is similar.

As for stability it's hit or miss with what I've read in the eth-lad big and dandy thread some say it's much less stable than lsd others say it's about the same. More people say it has a similar or a bit shorter shelf life than al-lad and if I'm not mistaken it has a shorter shelf life than lsd. I really donno how I feel about keeping it in a liquid. I'll be getting 10mg and depending on the dose I like that could be anywhere between 50-100 hits that would take me about a year or two to go through on my own as I don't trip to often and I don't want to chance it degrading.

As for the moisture content of Instagel I'm unsure. I plan on getting some soon the stuff is relatively inexpensive, about 10 bucks for 50g. I guess I'll have to do a few experiments of my own with it and Knox to see what I can do with them. I am also curious to know how fast Instagel sets and if it would give me enough time to mix the ethanol solution with it then be able to pour it on my mold.

I also felt the same way about heating lysergamides I don't think that 60c would hurt it but it's the combo of heat and moisture that degrades them and if I heat the solution it's disolved in I'm afraid it may damage the compound.

I haven't looked up lysergamides in PEG, but what would I use PEG for? It doesn't solidify like gelatin does does it?

I haven't looked up lysergamides in PEG, but what would I use PEG for? It doesn't solidify like gelatin does does it?

You wouldn't have evaporation problems and having it increase in potency over months like you would with an ethanol/vodka/etc. solution.

I doubt I would have an evaporation problem to begin with I would only store it in a small dropper vial just a few ml. You can store just a few ml of ethanol/vodka in a 750ml bottle for a long time and not worry with it evaporating as long as you keep it sealed. That's not the concern. The concern is that lysergamides degrade faster in a solution due to being in contact with a liquid over a long period of time.

My point of this thread is to make a proper geltabs sheet for more precise dosing than blotter paper and longevity of shelf life. Liquid solutions will degrade fast and blotter is hard to keep a consistent dose so it seems jeltabs are the best option.

The concern with making jeltabs is what kind of gelatin to use and how to make the jeltabs with minimal heat so the compound isn't damaged in the process or should I use a cold soluble gelatin to avoid contact with heat all together.

I will not be working with alot of compound so I don't have much room for error otherwise I would be waisting a few hundred dollars so I want to get as many opinions on the process of making geltabs as possible before potentially waist my money. Keeping it in solution is not an option I want to take due to degradation.

There are several threads that discuss making geltabs most of which are talking about phenethylamines that do not degrade in heat. The process is relatively simple until you decide to use a lysergamide that you want to avoid long periods or large concentrations of contact with not only heat, but light, oxygen, and moisture as well. So my goal is to do exactly that make geltabs without damaging the compound.

I bought a 100 drop vial over 3 years ago. The acid is dissolved in ethanol. I keep it in the freezer and have found no degradation or loss of potency.

I believe you have to add some amount of PG or similar, to get a gel that does not go either wet or brittle.

Get plenty of the gelatin and a number of recipes, and test a few ratios of the ingredients to master the consistency of your goal, that way you wont waste lysergamide.

"I bought a 100 drop vial over 3 years ago. The acid is dissolved in ethanol. I keep it in the freezer and have found no degradation or loss of potency."

That is amazing.. How big is the vial and how do you keep it sealed?? Is it 80 proof ethanol?