• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Doses related to resting times?

nightElf

Bluelighter
Here's a doubt that I've been having for a long time, perhaps someone can throw some light on it?

John wants to have fun, but he wants to be functional the next day. So he takes around 60/70mg of MDMA. He has fun, he's not rolling SUPER hard, but he has a fun time. He tested the stuff, and knows he has to wait AT LEAST A MONTH before consuming again.
Now Peter also wants to have fun, but he REALLY wants to roll. So he consumes around 300mg of MDMA during the night (also tested).

My question is the following: John took 60mg, and has to wait at least a month. But Peter consumed 5 times that amount, and the consensus seems to be that he also has to wait at least a month to consume again.

Shouldn't Peter wait longer than a month? I'm pretty sure that his brain will need more time to recover from 300mg...
Or perhaps John can "bend" the rule a bit, and consume again in 2/3 weeks instead of waiting a month?

Alexander shulgin's rule was 4 times a year as I recall.

300mg is quite a bit, I would want him to wait at least 2 months but 100mg every month would probably be safer than 300mg every 2 months. The brain is in trouble when it runs out of serotonin. I would say keep an eye out for him not getting that high off of 300mg one day - that would be a warning sign.

Alexander shulgin's rule was 4 times a year as I recall.

But did he talk about a dose? Like "4 times a year, consuming 140mg each time"? I'm sure it's not the same for our brains to take 300mg 4 times per year, than taking 140mg 4 times per year.

300mg is quite a bit, I would want him to wait at least 2 months but 100mg every month would probably be safer than 300mg every 2 months. The brain is in trouble when it runs out of serotonin. I would say keep an eye out for him not getting that high off of 300mg one day - that would be a warning sign.

Believe it or not, in my country, is very common that people take between 3-4 pills in one night (and they do that, several times a month, going out Friday, Saturday and Sunday). Considering that the average is around ~120mg per pill, we're talking over 300mg :(

I would guess Alexander would recommend limiting the dose to 100mg or so. Those are the doses we know are fairly safe concerning using a couple times. A couple pills a night are done by many people but sooner or later things could go bad for them. I think they won't age as healthy. There are some people with vulnerable genetics that are much more likely to have issues with MDMA.