• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dose change?

arksenu

Bluelighter
The first time I felt the recreational effects from adderall was at 40 mg. I felt super energetic, euphoric etc.

Next time I took 50 mg. For some reason, it was very disappointing. Nothing NEAR as close to as 40 mg was last time, so I'm wondering why that was?

Anyway, given all that information, do you guys think that going 60 mg is safe? Or would it be too much? Thoughts?

If you want to F up your tolerance, keep upping the dose. The better answer is take a few days off inbetween dosages. Chasing the happy feeling by raising your dosage will just mess up your future amphetamine experience and take you down a bad path.

Your never getting that ever again period. Im not going to bullshit you and tell you that you cant still feel buzzed doing adderall regularly but it will never be anywhere as strong as that. Do not expect anything more than a improvement in mood and focus much like a really really good nights rest just stronger. If you try to chase that first feeling you will end up in the hospital embarrassed with rapid heart rate if your lucky and being convinced your dying bugging out to the female nurses and then feeling like a tool the next day with thousands in medical bills.

Doesnt matter. Normally I have some kinda science to back up my claims but this time all i have is experience and for some reason when you try something its like way stronger then no matter how long you take breaks. I take adderall xr 55 mg in two doses four hours apart and im happy with the more subltle effects of increased focus less sleepy things seem more interesting. But when I first took adderall id take like 2.5 mg and not be able to sleep and ive tried taking breaks but it just never goes back to anywhere near that even for months. I would though get a little more sensitive to it though but not like when I when I first took it.

Amphetamines have a very wide therapeutic index. This essentially means that as a class of drugs, the Amphetamines are not likely to cause harm or death if used within reason. For reference, Heroin and other Opioids in general, have a small therapeutic index. The dosage that can cause death through lethal respiratory depression is not drastically different from the dose taken to get a good buzz. With Amphetamines, sadly, the sky is the limit.

That's not to say you can't seriously hurt or kill yourself with these drugs. It would just take quite a bit to do so. Given that information, your dosage of 60mg Amphetamine is well within the realm of safety.

After experiencing the 60 mg, your claim proved false. Last time something just went wrong I guess.
I had the greatest high of my life, better that that 40 mg. Guess I'm lucky :D

Probably because im a daily user. Im more talking about 8th grade I used 2.5 to 5 mg 9th grade 20 mg 10 th grade 30 mg 11 th grade 40 mg 12 grade 55 mg 1 year out of high 55 mg now 2 nd year out of high school 55 mg. You can more but theres like a ceiling where if I take more I just feel like my hearts gunna explode.

Usually doctors won't prescribe more then 60 MG a day. I'm sure they will in certain circumstances but for the most part they wont.

I also think I read somewhere that the ld50 (lethal dose for half of people doing that dose) is around 120 MG, with no tolerance that is. So if that was right you're doing half the lethal dose.

But I also think it's different for everyone. Like If i were to take 40 MG ir, I would feel like I was going to die due to my heart beating too fast and feeling over stimulated. But you and many other people can take 60 MG and just get blasted and be fine. So I'd just listen to your heart and mainly your heart.

But personally I wouldn't go over 60 MG at a single dose. I feel like anything more then that won't get you "higher" and will put you more in the "danger zone" for lack of a better word.

Cheers

I agree in my experience it wasnt so much that you cant just take more to get similar effects its tthat if I take more then 60 mg it starts causing side effects thats really ruin it for me. I feel like the euphoria is very nonlinear like I can really feel focus 15 to 30 euphoria 30-60 60-90 twitchy 120 scared like for no reason you open a door I jump u turn on the washing machine I jump hot girl says hi I jump like shes tryna mug me