Dosage of E....

RebelJGM

Bluelighter
Ok everybody,
I have only been rolling for about 6 months now. The first time I dropped my tab, it was called a "lifestyle". I rolled very good on that one... and really enjoyed it. The second time was on a capsule, and I rolled extremely hard on that one. Since then, my best friend and I have taken two, then another time we did 3, and we have taken up to 4 1/2 tabs throughout the night.
This is how we normally do it, and some of you might be able to relate to this. Normally we take one tab, and about 1 1/2-2 hours later drop another, and so forth, up to 4. It is a really great roll, especially if the tabs are genuine,(which they always have been when we do more than 2). We start to hallunicate, go into our own world for a couple minutes and come back to tell our short trip stories.
We have been told that doing more than 2 can be harmful, and this is a GOOD possibility. But I have read on other sites that people have taken up to 7 and 8. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine has done 8 in one night before, and he is still living and breathing just like normal. MY QUESTION:
Is there anyone out there that has done some hard core research to determine what the dosage is, and how it can effect you in quantity? A chemist or anyone who knows really? I'm not trying to discount anyone on here, don't get me wrong, but I think we may be getting the old "telephone tree" of information.
Thanks, and I hope everyone has a great roll and a safe New Year! Be smart and enjoy!
PEACE
------------------
Sometimes you gotta stick out, to fit in! Roll on Highway, Roll on along!!

I, for one, did a VAST ammount of research in the area before I started doseing. and here are my findings... alot of it is from books, (the XTC book... and other relatively non-descript titles) and websites that no longer exist. However, rest assured that my information is legit.
at current street doeseages (70-90 a pill) the substance begins to become a neurotoxin after a mere TWO street tabs. This ins't to say that you are going to tun into a vegatable, but you are begining to damage your brain. especialy if you are up to 4, as a new roller, and doing it often.
secondly, more than doubling your inital doseage is effectively detrimental to our trip. essencialy, if you drop ONE to begin with, you should not drop any more than one additional in any combination.. (two halves etc...) the end result of doing more than that is a worse comedown, and worse PEDS (post xtc depression syndrome). also, after the initial pill has caused the rush of seratonin into your brain, since seraonin is in limited supply, doing more than another one. it may cause a little "speedyness" but it's effects are purely physical... heart racing, etc.
however, if you inist on doing mroe than 2 street tabs of e (or even if you only do one or two), pre/post load with LOTS of potassium, be it in fish, banas etc, so you can level off your seratonin levels as soon as possible after the dose. take lots of vitimin c, as it counters some of the neurotoxisity... and most of all, excercise some common sence...
all I have to say to that is EIGHT tabs!? that is just insane. Beond the realms of common sence.
Excersie moderation, and most of all, roll responcibly.
and PLURB!
the extra B is for BALANCE!!

Ricuarte has tortured many a lab monkey in a holy quest to prove the toxicity of MDMA, and to date he has only been able to show damage when said monkeys receive the human equivalant of upwards of 100 pills over a 24 hour period (I may have the number off, but the mg/kg dosage levels were far FAR above anything a human would ever take).
The indirect damage caused by taking MDMA is a result of having extremely low levels of seratonin afterwords (Which is also what causes post-X depression) Taking 5-htp before and after taking MDMA, or taking SSRI's (such as prozac) after taking MDMA have been shown to prevent this damage from occuring.
But since I have let my MAPS membership slip, I haven't kept up on anything new for about 6 months, so any recent research may prove me wrong
wink.gif
(I still refuse to believe anything that comes from Ricuarte, he's just a government lacky addicted to grants)
-Rob

from my sources, the damage that starts to be done after the first 2 tabs, is perment, and cumulitive. yes, you can reduce a little white mouse's brain to mush with 30 street tabs, but I imagine that if you gave that mouse even a slihtly neurotoxic level of e, on a regular basis, over a long period of time, the effects will eventually be the same. Neurons aren't exactly prone to regeration.
just be responcible, my advice to everyone, make TWO tabs your limit, and everything should be ok.

Actually, I thought the neurons in question have not been proven to be permanently damaged. Regeneration of these neurons and their accompanying dendrites has not been ruled out either. Recently the medical establishment has reached the conclusion that some brain cells DO actually regenerate. To be honest, it's all still a VERY new field in medicine. Until about 40 years ago, the brain chemistry and make-up were barely known.
I'm not saying that you are wrong, Paradox, just that the jury is still out on a lot of this.
Oh, Rebel...I know your friend is probably alive and well after 8 pills, but it is still a bad idea. He IS damaging his brain by taking E in that quantity. This doesn't mean he will necessarily exhibit repercussions that you can see, but he's treading on thin ice anyway. If anything, go with Paradox's suggestion of 2...better to err on the low side. Personally, I take 2.5 or 3, but everybody has a different threshold.
------------------
I will find humor in my everyday life by looking for people I can laugh at.
[This message has been edited by Mr. Sticky (edited 01 January 2000).]

Since theres prob a dozen of these kinda posts i didnt wnat to make another one, so im just gonna ask this in here, I usually need to take 2 to feel a good roll, then ill pop another later to try and keep the effect up, i was wondering if i would be more beneficial to take one, then one, then the last, would this be better or stick with what im with. I do have a good tolerance to most things, for instance alcohol has almost no effect on me, i can drink 15 beers and not buzz without problem so, so am i better off hitting 2 at once?
------------------
Smad
Choose Love, Choose Laughter, Choose your Friends, Choose Raves, Choose Life...

Supposedly spacing out your rolls is a bit more dangerous since you will run out of seratonin before dopamine, meaning dopamine becomes a free radical when it is absorbed by the seratonin receptors...blah blah blah...
I personally prefer to take two to begin with (I want to be floored when it hits...very rarely happens these days, though) and then take the 3rd within an hour and a half. I personally notice diminishing returns if I wait longer than that (more amphetamine effects, less roll). I believe that is when neurotoxicity comes into play...of course that is just a personal opinion without any hard facts to back it up, but ignorance and bluster are two of my most sterling qualities.
smile.gif

------------------
I will find humor in my everyday life by looking for people I can laugh at.

I used to start with 2 and then go ahead and pop more as the night went on, these days I like starting with 1 and popping more as the night goes on. Even if I've had the same pill before and know exactly how strong it is. Your in deferrent moods all the time so it's gonna effect you differently. I used to pop alot more than I do know, for instance I've had up to 10 in the course of a party and the afterparty. But this weekend for instance I had two, one double stacked and one normal sized one, lasted me through the party and into the next morning, it's all about your preperation of your mind and body beforehand.
------------------
IMOKRUOK - Roll On Roll Off

in rebuttal, and to clarify:
I didn't mean to incinuate that neurons do not regenerate... scientists are reasonably sure that they in fact, do.
what I was saying is, if you are a regular roller, (like weekly) and doing more than a "safe" level of e... (say, more than three, for the sake of argument) and not giving your neurons TIME to regenerate, the damage will be cumulitive, and harder to repair later.
I apreciate you calling me on that one Mr. Sticky... it could have been mis-interpredted the way that I said it.
but frankly, I am absolutely sick to death of hearing of people doing like, 5, 6, 8, 10, even more tabs of e... it is absolutely un-nessisary, and damaging. I assure you... at those levels it *IS* damaging.
I continue to urge everyone to excercise common sence. and if you feel like doing three, fine, do three. four? I think your crazy. but do what you want. More? don't complain when you get realy sick, or if you start to notice all of the negative effects, and CERTIANLY don't BRAG about your massive drug consumption. I'm discusted with the people who do it for image, or who do massive ammounts of it to be "hard-core".
uhm... I didn't mean to rant.. but I'm posting it anyways.
moderation, and common sence is key.

i take six pills daily!
aside from keeping me in a really good mood i find that i helps clear my sinuses.
party hard everyone
smile.gif