Dont you hate it when people dont believe the shit you been through?

Im not talking about the times i was assaulted although not being believed about that does get to me. Im talking about not being believed about the drugs ive done. Im talking about not being believed about my home life as a kid. Im talking about not being believed that ive been in handcuffs.

Why the fuck would i lie about that? I have met a few who lie about shit like that but i know from experience when a person tells you something they did or something that happened to them, they are most likely not lying.

Mostly its strangers who dont believe me about shit like the drugs ive done or the suicide attempts or home life i had growing up, or the experiences i had when i ran away.

It just hurts me when people think i lie. I rarely lie and when i do its about laziness or cheating on schoolwork. I do not lie about serious shit.

People think ive had the most perfect life when they look at me. People think im a goody goody. Which yes i am since im sober now and i know its not something to be ashamed of, but ive done shit. Im not proud of it at all but i have.

People look at me and see that im a white girl who has everything fine and dandy. And everyone thinks im underage and im not. I turned eighteen in october. Thats not something to be pissed off about, hell i should be glad i look young, im just ranting i guess.
Hi, I used to but now I don't care. I may tell people stuff something I've been through and they might not believe me but I know and that's all that matters.

At my age I don't give a rat's ass whether anyone believes me or what they think of me.
Well, a handful of people whose opinions I respect. But they know me and know most of what's happened in my life. And they know I have no reason to lie.

phoebe robinson conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

No.Not nessesery anyone to believe me what I have been survived.It's just doesn't matter

I don’t even believe some of the shit I’ve been through. However, the only place I share any of it is here on Bluelight. I don’t see any upside in sharing my trauma, or my adventures, or my epic failures with anyone in the real world.

None of it will enhance their opinion of me, quite a bit of it would incriminate me also, and for the shit that really hurt the last thing I want is for someone to pity me or think me a victim.

The real world is a stage and it’s easiest to manage when you are in character and know your lines. Departing from the script and going improv will just get you fired.

At my age I don't give a rat's ass whether anyone believes me or what they think of me.
Well, a handful of people whose opinions I respect. But they know me and know most of what's happened in my life. And they know I have no reason to lie.
Same here. The wonderful thing about being our age is we can feel like that and live our life and the days of us having to explain things are long gone.

We powered on and slayed the dragon and that bitch can't spit fire on us anymore.

we've all been through shit

even the well-off have their own problems

but some people do tell fishing stories

and everybody has a story

i just don't believe most people that i don't really know well if it sounds a little unbelievable because they're just usually trying to work you for something - there's a motive behind their story

I tend to trust people. I assume folks are honest until I see evidence to the contrary. There are exceptions, of course. I consider the situation and what's being talked about. I notice body language, tone of voice, and the general vibe I get from a person. I'm usually right.

I tend to trust people. I assume folks are honest until I see evidence to the contrary. There are exceptions, of course. I consider the situation and what's being talked about. I notice body language, tone of voice, and the general vibe I get from a person. I'm usually right.
Me too man, me too.

I dislike it in rehab when it becomes a competition as to who's done the most of what and for how long, and if your own accounts don't match the top of the ladder they're basically ignored. So in a sense that's not believing that someone has a real problem because your own experience is subjectively and relatively less relevant.

i think that has a lot more to do with where and how you grew up

if you tend to trust people where im from, you're done

but again, the OP is complaining about strangers not believing his story, and that's just the way it is, because people DO lie and they lie a lot

it was like when i had appendicitis - i call my mother tell her what's going on, she's a nurse - so she says press on it, and if you get the rebound pain, you more than likely have appendicitis - so i do it and i get the rebound pain, i go to the hospital that i work at, figuring that'll expedite things - go to check in, and the nurse doesn't believe me - she thinks im looking for pain meds - she says all nasty to me "how do you know you appendicitis" i go "asshole, i fuckin work here" OHHH

oh yea OHHH my ass - i wanted to kill her - but ya know what? that's not really her fault - that's motherfuckers who keep lying causing distrust amongst everybody else

so don't get too upset when ppl who don't know you, don't believe you at first - there's a reason for it

people lie