Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Don't Look Up (hilarious!)

Damn it, should have put this on instead of Candyman (again). Ah well, there’s always after lol.

Am I the only one that thought it was very mediocre? It's not at all as intelligent as it pretends to be, feels like they tried too hard at everything.
No. and Yes.
The Sopranos had great jokes
It was only after my third viewing of the entire series that I realized this is the top 3 funniest shows I've ever watched. It doesn't get enough credit in that regard. Lowkey, as the kids say.
I chuckled a few times, but also cringed a lot. Leo hams it up a bit too much. It also might have been more poignant had Meryl Streep not been an obvious stand-in for Trump.
Hit the nail on the head. What a waste of Meryl's talent.
I agree that comparing it to Dr. Strangelove is kinda slanderous to Kubrick though.
Wait, stop.

Who is-

Stop.

Don't Look Up is the best movie I've seen in a long, long time. Gotta love the dark humor.

PS-- Maybe not as good as Dr. Strangelove (one of my favorite movies), but close.

It was only after my third viewing of the entire series that I realized this is the top 3 funniest shows I've ever watched. It doesn't get enough credit in that regard. Lowkey, as the kids say.
The Wire is also hilarious.
When you've got the characters on point, you can do a lot and get away with certain things, which makes jokes and funny moments much easier and less forced in TV shows, I think.

The Wire is also hilarious.
When you've got the characters on point, you can do a lot and get away with certain things, which makes jokes and funny moments much easier and less forced in TV shows, I think.
shit-shiet.gif

And... this is the part where I remember that I've never seen Dr. Strangelove. I know what I'm doing tonight!
I had a high school teacher show it in English class once lol. But I had seen it before. I was big into Stanley Kubrick in my mid teens.

I found it more horrifying than hilarious. That, unfortunately, is exactly how humanity wound react to such a threat of imminent death. That's without even touching on the aspect of the asteroid serving as a metaphor for climate change. Oddly though, I still enjoyed it greatly enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it as well, despite (or because of) it getting slated by the critics. They were obviously taking it at face value rather than the allegory it was.

Thanks for the recommendation. 27 minutes in and I've said "Yep." or "uh Huh." to myself about 5-6 times but haven't
so much as cracked a smile let alone laughed. I think the movie is quite serious, rather on target as to the
rather egregious reality of the United States or how it appears from my vantage point, 25 years removed
and the Pacific ocean between me and that place. Not sure why ths is said to be some kind of laugh riot,
it isn't funny at all, its rather so disturbing and serious I suppose that is the only way to respond but glad
someone is creating a portrait of it in the form of a made for Netflix movie. I don't smoke pot or do drugs
so maybe that is where I am missing the bus here. Oh well.

Post Script- OK, I've now watched the whole thing. To be fair, there were a few things that were funny to me, particularly
the pop star prima donna's song. The movie is a satire, yes, so that is a type of comedy.

I guess to me the movie is more worthwhile as a satire or metaphor to help you reflect on and process the
so-called pandemic. But, for me what gets in the way is that I feel I am also being socially
engineered for the next planetary freak out, a giant asteroid. That is nothing new, they have
been priming people via movies, the media etc for a while on that account, so this movie
is just another instance of that, just doing its work for the The Globalists et al. which if it wasn't
it wouldn't be on Netflix or released by any other major outlet. Cheers.

Last edited: