Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Don't Look Up (hilarious!)

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member

this is one of the best comedies I've ever seen, packed full of hilarious, clever and subtle jokes. No dull moment.

It's also a great commentary on the state of our society, social media, politics, technology, etc..

It's comet armageddon drama meets Idiocracy

amazing cast too, there are like 10 academy award winning actors in it lol

MUST WATCH MOVIE!

the trailer does NOT do it justice at all, I don't think I've ever laughed this much at any movie before

Last edited:

this is one of the best comedies I've ever seen, packed full of hilarious, clever and subtle jokes. No dull moment.

It's also a great commentary on the state of our society, social media, politics, technology, etc..

MUST WATCH MOVIE!

the trailer does NOT do it justice at all, I don't think I've ever laughed this much at any movie before

Is this streaming on hulu or netflix? I love a good comedy and all those A list actors should really do it justice. I only get those two services.

Is this streaming on hulu or netflix? I love a good comedy and all those A list actors should really do it justice. I only get those two services.
yeah its on netflix

its hilarious, lots of political jabs

its honestly one of the best movies I've ever seen, I typically don't laugh out loud much, but I was laughing the entire movie

My wife and I did this on Christmas Day. She seems to think the white haired guy was a Ben Carson type intelligence. lol But yes, it really made fun of some attitudes we have today and the ending (won't say) had me spit up. "Isn't that a pretty looking animal...." lol

She seems to think the white haired guy was a Ben Carson type intelligence. lol
The tech billionaire? To me, it seemed like an amalgamation of all the recent big tech billionaires, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, etc. The character obviously had mild autism, which musk claims to have (he rarely ever looked anyone in the eye and seems emotionally indifferent if you watch)

I really loved that character, that actor was hilarious and captured the indifference of billionaires.

He wanted to "Give hope to humanity" with his money, just like Elon Musk claims he wants to do. But in reality, he just wants to play with his money as if it was a toy.

Last edited:
The tech billionaire? To me, it seemed like an amalgamation of all the recent big tech billionaires, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, etc. The character obviously had mild autism, which musk claims to have (he rarely ever looked anyone in the eye if you watch)
Ah ok, I will have to tell my wife that perspective. Makes more sense. Yeah man a lot of subtleties but the humor was worth it.

I think it would be awesome of that scenario happened on Earth. I am ready! Who knows, I might even go out a shoot a speedball. lol

I think it would be awesome of that scenario happened on Earth. I am ready! Who knows, I might even go out a shoot a speedball. lol
yeah I like these doomsday movies, it's fun for me to imagine what I would do, or what would happen

you will get your wish sooner or later, lol, we are actually a bit overdo for a major comet/asteroid event

honestly.... I think it would be a pretty cool way to go out... compared to you know, cancer or car crash or something lame

I'd probably get a shit load of LSD, MDMA and DMT and take it all

A lot of these asteroids do fly by Eath and miss it. I can not remember how close but a few were very close and we walk around oblivious all the time. Nature has such command, such power A comet would completely knock us out but it is said an asteroid a few miles long slamming into the Earth could wipe out a large portion of Earth. (the movie Deep Impact was an example).

A lot of these asteroids do fly by Eath and miss it. I can not remember how close but a few were very close and we walk around oblivious all the time. Nature has such command, such power A comet would completely knock us out but it is said an asteroid a few miles long slamming into the Earth could wipe out a large portion of Earth. (the movie Deep Impact was an example).
man, our society is so incredibly fragile and vulnerable, i feel like a lot of people ignore that

You know San Francisco, and the entire west coast, is about 200 years overdue for one of the biggest earthquakes we will ever see? like magnitude 10

that's one of the reasons I'm glad I moved

also there is a supermassive volcano about to explode under Montana that would wipe out life on the entire continent

we could all die at any moment....

Oh man I lived in Long Beach CA in 1987. I had read Ruth Montgomery's Aliens Among Us and was convinced the Earth will shift and have a polar shift and everything West of I-5 would be underwater. I was young and you know how those cosmic things feel, like we know they are going to happen. lol But I was in the Whittier Quake of 1987.

But I always felt like California was a sitting duck and yes, it has been a while since there was a big quake up North. That is scary, it is always better for the Earch to release the pressure little by little.

But there is something so calming and peaceful about knowing Nature could wipe us out very quickly. Man thinks he is in control. It would be wise to realize that although each of us is the Universe, we really are just a spec of dust in a cosmic ocean. :)

Learning how to die is learning how to live. Learning how to live is learning how to die. Another wink and nod from Nature. Can't have death without life and can't have life without death. Just implying life has the opposite end of the coin.

I do have to watch this movie again I suspect alot of the subtlties went over my head.

Learning how to die is learning how to live. Learning how to live is learning how to die. Another wink and nod from Nature. Can't have death without life and can't have life without death. Just implying life has the opposite end of the coin.

I do have to watch this movie again I suspect alot of the subtlties went over my head.
ever seen the movie "Enter the Void"?
its a trip man

it's a really intense, very psychedelic movie about death... the meaning of death... what happens to us in the moment of death

the premise is in the exact moment you die, you reexperience your life as a DMT like trip, fractally

great movie, trippy, but really emotionally dense

ever seen the movie "Enter the Void"?
its a trip man

it's a really intense, very psychedelic movie about death... the meaning of death... what happens to us in the moment of death

the premise is in the exact moment you die, you reexperience your life as a DMT like trip, fractally

great movie, trippy, but really emotionally dense
Never heard of it but is now in my queue. Thanks. I need a good movie about death as all these people so concerened about society walk around never once thinking about death. To many just block it out. My FIL was like that. So when I visited him and took him out he got the JackAroe psychedelic cosmic outlook and it made him feel better. All I had to tell him was death is safe. lol That made sense to him.

@JackARoe on the topic of death, this is also my other recommendation if you have not seen it. Also one of my favorite movies of all time. It's a profound, artistic look and meditation on life, death and the human desire and search for immortality

this movie is incredibly underrated, Aronofsky is my favorite director, and it has a Clint Mansell soundtrack!!!

A lot of people, casual viewers, don't really understand it because admittedly it is a bit hard to follow, can be hard to piece together on a first view.

This movie is so underrated, it really makes you think

Last edited:
Thanks, I now have a few movies to see. I may have heard of the Fountain but forgot. I will for sure watch both of those.

MUST WATCH MOVIE!

So which family member was involved with this movie?