• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Don't know where to begin

That's probably what's making you feel like crap. You have to stay at 8 hour dosings because the half life is around 7 hours. Maybe a little less.

I've considered this as well. Trying to have my last dose be at around 10pm because I start my day at 6 usually. I fear taking away from my morning dose because even when I take that I don't start really feeling better until the end of my 2 1/2 hour stagger and that's at the full 1800mgs.

I've considered this as well. Trying to have my last dose be at around 10pm because I start my day at 6 usually. I fear taking away from my morning dose because even when I take that I don't start really feeling better until the end of my 2 1/2 hour stagger and that's at the full 1800mgs.
If you take the whole 900 mg you'll start feeling good 2 and 1/2 hours after you take it cuz that's how long it takes for gabapentin to reach peak plasma

You might want to educate yourself a little bit about the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the drugs that you use. It's not that difficult. Many places on the internet actually explain what things mean in words that everyone can understand without having taken pre-pharmacy classes

If you take the whole 900 mg you'll start feeling good 2 and 1/2 hours after you take it cuz that's how long it takes for gabapentin to reach peak plasma

You might want to educate yourself a little bit about the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the drugs that you use. It's not that difficult. Many places on the internet actually explain what things mean in words that everyone can understand without having taken pre-pharmacy classes

I understand that is how it's supposed to work. When my anxiety is high like this it's hard to think logically or trust anything because I'm scared to destabilize myself any further. We also know that these things change a lot as more things are studied. Also my situation is a little different than the people taking it in a normal prescribed way. There are also just so many subjective experiences posted online about how some people have absolutely no issue with it and others who have a hard time.

Do you think I should just try taking 900 in the morning all at once and no more? I'm not sure what to do from there if after 3 hours I'm not feeling better.

I feel like I might need to go to some type of medical detox at this point to ever get away from all of this. But then I worry what if it's not good and they aren't able to help? Or what if I get off everything and I'm still don't feel better? I've never had anything quite like this before in my life.

Has anyone actually had a good experience with any of these places?

Frequent temperature fluctuations, achiness, fatigue, brain fog, restlessness, and more that I'm sure I'm not thinking of. I never want to do anything and I hate leaving the house. My anxiety has also went into overdrive and it's hard to tell how that is impacting everything else.
Just to throw this up, have you had corona -?
It's the combination of fatigue, brain fog and body aches you mention that makes me ask that.
A not inconsiderable number of people get saddled with all kinds of symptoms from this virus which can last for weeks and months after acute infection, and these are among the most commonly reported, the same goes for heightened anxiety. Temperature fluctuations would also fit in with this, as it appears to trigger some form of dysautonomia, ie the self-regulation of bodily processes is affected.

Nobody can diagnose you over the internet but if you've had a confirmed infection, a post-viral syndrome is a possibility to consider. Take yourself to a clinic for a thorough investigation.

I'm feeling okay right now after my gabapentin but starting to feel some low mood and anxiously awaiting for it to get worse. I don't know what happened to cause things to get worse yet again over this last month! I feel like I'm living groundhogs day just repeating the same thing with no improvement, yet too scared to make a change.

Well it's 3 hours after my evening gabapentin and I've been having spikes of anxiety for hours. What the fuck...

I see. I'm unsure of how taking a lower dose would help though as wouldn't that just mean the peak levels would be lower and not be enough to relieve withdrawal?

I have been stabilized on taking this amount for months now (at least 4-6 without cheating) but it feels like I'm getting worse and not stable. I'm starting to basically wake up with anxiety every night now, and even during the day I'm starting to feel bad when even just a month or two ago I was fine after finishing my morning dose.

I need to cut the modafinil out too. I'm afraid it may be partially contributing as well. But I feel like it's the only way I'm capable of making it through my 12 hour work days.

I'm actually quite interested in Modafinil. I presume you're getting that via a prescription, right? I was under the impression you could order it online at one point.

I'm actually quite interested in Modafinil. I presume you're getting that via a prescription, right? I was under the impression you could order it online at one point.
Yeah I have it prescribed. It helps me a lot with fatigue and excessive sleepiness from sleep apnea and other causes. It's definitely not like other stimulants where you "feel" anything. I just know I'm not as overly tired and helps me make it through the work day. If you do try it I would recommend taking days off so that it keeps it's efficacy and you don't rely on it

I understand that is how it's supposed to work. When my anxiety is high like this it's hard to think logically or trust anything because I'm scared to destabilize myself any further. We also know that these things change a lot as more things are studied. Also my situation is a little different than the people taking it in a normal prescribed way. There are also just so many subjective experiences posted online about how some people have absolutely no issue with it and others who have a hard time.

Do you think I should just try taking 900 in the morning all at once and no more? I'm not sure what to do from there if after 3 hours I'm not feeling better.
You're acting completely! Illogically.

What is the difference between taking 900 mg all at once and taking 300 mg every hour for 3 hours? You'll have a lower peak plasma level.

There is some evidence that some people have a saturable absorption of gabapentin. There is also a study that shows a linear increase in bioavailability all the way up to 4000 mg a day in some people.

I've experienced amended myself and I can't see any significant difference between taking doses 300 mg at a time versus 900 mg at a time.

Gabapentin absolutely has a linear excretion profile after absorption. The half-life is approximately 7 hours.

So if you took 300 mg per hour for 3 hours and it takes 3 hours for it to reach peak plasma, after 3 hours you're going to have about 450 mg in your body, assuming it was all absorbed.

With 900 mg you're going to have 900 assuming it's all absorbed and then seven hours later you'll still have 450 mg in your body.

There is a reason that you're not prescribed gabapentin to be taken every hour for 6 hours or every half hour for 3 hours like you were using it. Because it isn't as effective that way.

Gabapentin is specifically to be dosed 8 hours apart to prevent interdose withdrawal because it's used in people that have seizure conditions and any further apart seizures can actually break through.

No, that's how it works. There's no such I understand how it's supposed to work. That's how it works. It doesn't work any other way.

And gabapentin should not be used for first line anxiety. It's not that powerful of an anxiolytic.

And I'm pretty sure that a lot of what you are feeling is your own self-created anxiety. Can people have a significant discontinuation syndrome from gabapentin? Yes, absolutely!

Do most people that are taking doses like you have a significant discontinuation problem? No they really don't.

Like I said I was taking 2400 mg in a dosing of 800 mg three times a day. I had 400 mg capsules. Was it uncomfortable to taper and quit? Yes of course!

Did it approach anything like alcohol withdrawal? Absolutely not!

You need to go see a mental health professional and get on a good mood stabilizer and anti anxiety medication.

You're acting completely! Illogically.

What is the difference between taking 900 mg all at once and taking 300 mg every hour for 3 hours? You'll have a lower peak plasma level.

There is some evidence that some people have a saturable absorption of gabapentin. There is also a study that shows a linear increase in bioavailability all the way up to 4000 mg a day in some people.

I've experienced amended myself and I can't see any significant difference between taking doses 300 mg at a time versus 900 mg at a time.

Gabapentin absolutely has a linear excretion profile after absorption. The half-life is approximately 7 hours.

So if you took 300 mg per hour for 3 hours and it takes 3 hours for it to reach peak plasma, after 3 hours you're going to have about 450 mg in your body, assuming it was all absorbed.

With 900 mg you're going to have 900 assuming it's all absorbed and then seven hours later you'll still have 450 mg in your body.

There is a reason that you're not prescribed gabapentin to be taken every hour for 6 hours or every half hour for 3 hours like you were using it. Because it isn't as effective that way.

Gabapentin is specifically to be dosed 8 hours apart to prevent interdose withdrawal because it's used in people that have seizure conditions and any further apart seizures can actually break through.

I appreciate what you're saying. Once I can get my anxiety under control and some physical stuff improved I will try 900 every 8 hours and see how it goes.

I appreciate what you're saying. Once I can get my anxiety under control and some physical stuff improved I will try 900 every 8 hours and see how it goes.
You do understand that taking your little string of doses so far apart, it's making you feel shitty, don't you?

I mean there's literally 12 hours or more between what you do in the morning and what you do in the evening.

Taking gabapentin that way is going to cause interdose withdrawal, because the half life is only 7 hours.

This is not my opinion. This is a pharmacological fact born out by what you said you experienced.

Yeah because that's a stupid ass way to take it.

You're not going to feel the full 1800 mg until 5 hours after you start taking your stagger.

Is it really that hard to understand that the drug is prescribed to be taken three times a day for a reason?

And you in your infinite wisdom have decided to take it over a staggered two and a half hour period and then wait another 12 hours or longer to dose again.

This is a classic example of people wanting to do things their way instead of the right way and then complaining when shit goes to hell.

Start taking it three times a day and you'll feel better.

Yeah because that's a stupid ass way to take it.

You're not going to feel the full 1800 mg until 5 hours after you start taking your stagger.

Is it really that hard to understand that the drug is prescribed to be taken three times a day for a reason?

And you in your infinite wisdom have decided to take it over a staggered two and a half hour period and then wait another 12 hours or longer to dose again.

This is a classic example of people wanting to do things their way instead of the right way and then complaining when shit goes to hell.

Start taking it three times a day and you'll feel better.
You know you're a fucking dick, right? No, it was not in my infinite wisdom. It was in my pursuit of abusing the medication, and then trying different things to level myself out when it went to shit. I have many different things wrong right now and I am slowly trying to untangle the mess. Excuse me if my fear and anxiety makes it a little difficult to make sweeping changes that I don't know if they will make things worse, or better, when I barely feel like I'm able to take care of my responsibilities as it is. Clearly I wasn't taking the gabapentin the way I was thinking it was the "right way" contrary to your self-righteous indignation.

You know you're a fucking dick, right? No, it was not in my infinite wisdom. It was in my pursuit of abusing the medication, and then trying different things to level myself out when it went to shit. I have many different things wrong right now and I am slowly trying to untangle the mess. Excuse me if my fear and anxiety makes it a little difficult to make sweeping changes that I don't know if they will make things worse, or better, when I barely feel like I'm able to take care of my responsibilities as it is. Clearly I wasn't taking the gabapentin the way I was thinking it was the "right way" contrary to your self-righteous indignation.
I'm not a dick.

You just want to complain and not change what you're doing.

I'm not self-righteous.

But when I ask somebody how to do something because they know what to do and I don't, I take their advice.

If you knew what you were doing you wouldn't be having the issues you are having.

No, you're sitting here arguing with somebody who was on the prescription medication for 3 years and knows exactly how it works after you came on a web form and asked for help.

So keep doing your two and a half hour stagger 12 hours apart and wait till till your interdose withdrawal keeps you from sleeping for a day or two or three.

Keep doing what you're doing cuz it's working so well for you.

I'm not a dick.

You just want to complain and not change what you're doing.

I'm not self-righteous.

But when I ask somebody how to do something because they know what to do and I don't, I take their advice.

If you knew what you were doing you wouldn't be having the issues you are having.

No, you're sitting here arguing with somebody who was on the prescription medication for 3 years and knows exactly how it works after you came on a web form and asked for help.

So keep doing your two and a half hour stagger 12 hours apart and wait till till your interdose withdrawal keeps you from sleeping for a day or two or three.

Keep doing what you're doing cuz it's working so well for you.
Okay.

@gabafucked
Hoe are ya today?
Be easy I know it's easier said than done. I know. But we can... a little inspiration is always welome.
Did ya make it outdoors it's raining where im at but have a big ass umbrella.
Feeling like it's time wasted but know it is not.
Two edged swords and paradoxes, I tell ya.
Peace

@gabafucked
Hoe are ya today?
Be easy I know it's easier said than done. I know. But we can... a little inspiration is always welome.
Did ya make it outdoors it's raining where im at but have a big ass umbrella.
Feeling like it's time wasted but know it is not.
Two edged swords and paradoxes, I tell ya.
Peace
I'm doing okay just tired and super achy today. Only took half my modafinil dose and dropped my kratom by 10% this week so I'm definitely feeling it. I'm jealous of the rain I absolutely love rain.

I came out hot because I was already not feeling good and do not appreciate someone like them coming at me so aggressively and acting like I'm stupid. They are not superior just because I have made some mistakes and on top of my physical illnesses it is difficult for me to make any changes without risking my ability to function, but I am making changes.

I am making changes
I hear change is to be embraced but scares the shit outta me at times.
yeah I like rain as well as any other conditions I may find myself facing.
Please do not undervuate yourself. you are one of a kind and to be appreciated imo.
This is why I couldn't do reg militia training: ain't talkin down to me haha
Too much rage at the time but it was used. At a cost....