• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Done IV shooting out of curiosity, but I have some questions.

burnergod

Ex-Bluelighter
Hello, first of all I hope to write in the right section. If not, please move the thread, I apologize.
Second: I think I'm done with this stuff, I did this few times and was not satisfied, also everytime was kinda trying to paint the Monna Lisa, too much time, patience, attention, awareness and risk, I can't be arsed anymore.

So the story is I had for several months some syringes unused, obviously new inside their "package". I decided to try the IV injection, so I prepared the stuff as best as I could. Actually I didn't go in deep on Internet or asking to guys for details, because it's never been a thing that "Omg I want to do this so hard", it kinda happened random. So my very little knowledge was:

1) If you have a powder you have to mix it with some kind of liquid, I saw some guys at the train station using Lemon Juice (lol). Probably not the best but maybe better than pure water I suppose? I don't know. Then I discovered you actually need a Sterile Water to do a proper job with minimum risks. Correct me if I'm wrong.
2) The syringe should never contain any air bubble to prevent injecting air into your veins
3) When you insert the needle in the vein, you have to pull back the plunger a bit and see if you get blood sucked in. In this way you are sure you didn't miss the vein and you can procede to the injection.

At that time I had only a Clonazepam pill so I crushed it and mixed with a bit of Lemon Juice.

Didn't have the classical lace to put on the arm to stop the blood flow and make veins more visible, I tried with a shoe lace but didn't work so good.
Then I tried to hit the classical "inside-elbow" vein but messed up. I mean I was feeling I was piercing something slighty lower than the upper skin, and kinda "harder", but at the moment to pull back the plunger blood wasn't coming up, I was experience intense pressure, and plunger was going back by himself, so I said "ok I fucked up" and I removed the needle immediately. Then the spot started to bleed, like a small cut.
I tried different spots on the arm with the same results until I found one spot that gave me blood once pulled back the plunger. So I slowly pushed down the stuff and that's it. Did i feel something? Probably not. Did it worth it? Definitely not.

After some monhts I still had 1-2 syringes, so I said "ok let's use these and throw them away". This time I used Lormetazepam drops without any additive diluent, mixed with a bit of amphetamine powder crushed (very very small quantity). I had hard time having the veins visible but I did my best spotting them, I remember the weird feeling of piercing something "slighty harder" just below the skin, and I was pretty sure I hitted the vein but again when I slowly pulled back the plunger nothing was being sucked, and it was very hard to pull, like I was trying to aspire the nothing. I removed then the needle and tried other spots, same result, when finally I did once succesfully and complete the process. Again I didn't feel anything so special, probably because of my tollerance with such drugs but whatever. I wanted to do a small ketamine one, but my arm was a fucking mess and out of patience I decided to pierce my asscheek and do an IM injection there. I felt something after a while, but it was completly shit compared to snorting K. Also it burned like hell and for sure I won't do that again.

Conclusion: the time and precision needed to do this technique is not worth for me, it's freaking insane, and after every injection my arm hurts more than the injection itself. Also my arm now has some bad bruises, probably because I messed up somehow and did something wrong.

Despite me being unprepared and dumb, what you think it could have causes these problems I had encountered? Specially the bruises thing, and the Plunger hard to pull back and sucking nothing (but when extracted, blood was coming out like crazy).

Talked to a friend and he said long time ago he had quite the same problems (he doesn't do this anymore) and we both concluded it' not worthing, so we stick with the classical sublingual/nose assumption in case we want to take something in the future.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day ;)

Ok it's been a long time since I IVed. The bruises are from going through the vein. So like you got the vein but continued through the vein to the other side and went through. The plunger not pulling back is because you weren't in the vein. You see the mess you made of your arms. Hopefully you wore long sleeves as those bruises are obviously from poking and a nurse or junkie will know just looking at them. Others might too... if you care.

Man, you really shoud've done more research before attempting this. There's absolutely no judgement here, but you really could've saved yourself a lot of trouble by simply using Google before attempting this. You clearly have access to the internet, so I'm sorry, but I have to give you a brotherly chastisement on this one for your poor adherence to Harm Reduction.

In short, Benzodiazepines (the ones typically available on the street) are not water-soluble. This means that they will simply not dissolve/solute/mix-with water. If this is not clear, you will be left with a solid, if you will in the form of the powder and water. Benzodiazepines prepared for injection must be mixed with a vehicle in which they can be dissolved. Water is not one of them.

You can seriously hurt yourself trying to do this so please get back to us with how you are doing. I can see something like this easily leading to infection and/or abscess. Quickly though, let's run through your questions, which, again, could be easily answered by using Google. Please do this in the future for your own sake.

1. Yes, to inject a substance into a vein, it must be soluted (mixed with water or another suitable vehicle). Vitamin C/Ascorbic Acid is typically used to reduce drugs from their bases into a water-soluble form i.e. reverting Crack Cocaine to it's Hydrochloride salt or for injecting Heroin commonly found in Europe and elsewhere. Heroin in the United States and North America in general typically comes in a form that only requires mixing with water of any temperature; no heat required.

2. Truly, it's not good to inject air bubbles, but it's basically a phobia of injection drug users, meaning, it's not likely to happen and they should be focusing on more important aspects of their technique, like hygiene and acquiring new equipment for instance. You would have to inject at least 3cc's of air into your vein to cause a Gas Embolism. That it a full one-third of the barrel. Still, better to not inject air than to.

3. Yes, this process is referred to as registering or flagging, among other terms. It's the most effective way to determine that you are actually in a vein. By gently pulling back, you should see a slow influx of darkish, deoxygenated blood. Be aware, blood in the syringe is not a guarantee of successful injection. Good technique takes a while to learn and master, just like anything else.

Alright nice support, very appreciated.
About benzos, first time I crushed a Clonazepam pill yes, the last time I used Lormetazepam "drops" (liquid), so I didn't bothered to dissolve, I thought it was "ok" justs like that, I mean it was alread liquid form..Also I heard some guys shooting that without any additive so that's why I proceeded.
"Glad" to see that I never missed the veins, I just went too much deep apparently and went to the other side.
Well it's a complicated technique that requires insane work, and it's not for me, but thanks for giving me these advices even if its "late" now, but who knows, maybe I can help someone in the future avoiding doing my same mistakes.
Thanks again :)