• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Doing Sublingual Subutex

The Holy Quadruplty

Bluelighter
Do you ever feel like you don't do your sublingual Buprenorphine good? Like may have had any come out of your mouth, get swallowed too soon, or anything like that? I take a medication that makes my mouth kind of numb, and Subutex makes it numb on its own too. Sometimes it's too numb to tell if any came out or not. What do you guys think, and does anyone else ever feel like they may have not done thier medicine correctly?

When I was "sober" I would hold my spit for an agonizing 40 minutes or so, because I thought I wasn't getting all of it if I swallowed too quickly and it seemed to work better if I did. 40 minutes is just the time I landed on.

Nowadays I barely think about it at all and just let it dissolve as it naturally does, swallow it as it goes. If you're habituated and dependent on buprenorphine, there's nothing you can really do to make it stronger, unfortunately. It's not really worth thinking about, I've wasted a fair bit of time doing so.

When I was "sober" I would hold my spit for an agonizing 40 minutes or so, because I thought I wasn't getting all of it if I swallowed too quickly and it seemed to work better if I did. 40 minutes is just the time I landed on.

Nowadays I barely think about it at all and just let it dissolve as it naturally does, swallow it as it goes. If you're habituated and dependent on buprenorphine, there's nothing you can really do to make it stronger, unfortunately. It's not really worth thinking about, I've wasted a fair bit of time doing so.
Yea it does mess with me a little bit once in a while like today, but not too much anymore like it use to. It use to really fuck with my head. Lol Yea I know I'm just overthinking it.

Yep I've done the same. Anymore I just hold it in 5 min or so until it's fully dissolved. 10 years on subs now

Do you ever feel like you don't do your sublingual Buprenorphine good? Like may have had any come out of your mouth, get swallowed too soon, or anything like that? I take a medication that makes my mouth kind of numb, and Subutex makes it numb on its own too. Sometimes it's too numb to tell if any came out or not. What do you guys think, and does anyone else ever feel like they may have not done thier medicine correctly?
All the time. I've got a tolerance and have already increased dose many times and I'm fine. But wtf do yall do when everything goes to shit and it's not enough but you don't need the problems that robbing your future self inevitably brings?!?

All the time. I've got a tolerance and have already increased dose many times and I'm fine. But wtf do yall do when everything goes to shit and it's not enough but you don't need the problems that robbing your future self inevitably brings?!?
I just broke a 600mg of gabapentin in half, and their was something on the "G" (one of the letters on it) so I scratched it off with my finger nail, and it made the "G" look weird. I took it, but now it's fucking with me thinking I might have taken something else even though there is only Subutex, and Xanax by me right now, and I know it wasn't any of them. What do you guys think? Do you think I'm just overthinking it? Like it's really fucking with my head!