• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

doing MDMA alone at a nightclub, experiences/advice?

Cdilly93

Bluelighter
Well i just turned 21 and in seattle we have a very popular EDM nightclub, they have one of my absolute favorite DJ's playing next weekend and i really want to go and roll.. But i have nobody to go with, i've never been to any nightclubs seeing as how i just turned 21, just alot of raves, and then i've never took MDMA alone aswell.. i feel it could go one of two ways, either i come out of my shell and meet many people and have a good time, or i get paranoid and reality hits me that im ALL alone so i freak out.. personal experiences? and also do just as many people at EDM nightclubs take mdma as they do at raves? (because i feel like it would be a much better environment for me, if so)

In my own experiences, I spend the whole night roaming alone anyway. I'll go with friends, drop with them, but once I'm up I'll be wondering around speaking and dancing with people I don't know. Only part where I feel familiar faces are important is the comeup, but that only lasts 10-15 minutes anyway. I've also considered going to raves alone, It's just the whole getting there, queuing and waiting to comeup, and then the prospect of getting home alone while you're coming down, that I don't really fancy alone. If that doesn't bother you, I'd go for it.

I did it a month ago for the first time and I have been in the scene for 10 years. I went to a BIG indoor event (so you can consider that as a big club :)).
I prepared myself for this kind of experience, so that helped I guess.
It depends also how you appear for other people when you are rolling - you can be all over the place or you can be like me, some new people I met there did not recognize that I was rolling. And I did chat to 3-5 different people.
So overall it was a great night, be social and enjoy the vibe - especially if your absolute favorite DJ is on. Have a good one :)

I've honestly been thinking about going one by myself. I went to one kind of by myself, I knew people that had a ticket for super cheap so I went. We all hung out and bought water after then I split from the group. (which they were totally fine with). I would honestly say that was one of the best nights I had. I found two people and started talking to them and they took me along with them and I met their group and ended up meeting 10+ people. Loads of fun. When I go to raves, clubs, and things of those sorts I make an hour for me to go meet new people. I really enjoy that a lot and I will never forget them. Now I make time when I go with a group of friends to just go solo for a bit. Try it once if you don't like it you never have to do it again.

Folley might go with you! Hit up the homie, i think he's a seattle edm kid. MDMA is a social drug, you'll make friends even if you go alone. PLUR

Nightclubs in Seattle are quite different from "raves" IMO, I was at one last night actually... they typically bring in much smaller crowds so there will be a larger amount of security per-person. They WILL throw you out if you look fucked up, they have a business to run and tend to offer a much more "professional" atmosphere.

Great vibes and great music, it's the perfect kind of environment to go to sober or lightly tripping... but full on rolling, you might stand out a bit..

id roll at home first to see how I react, its far too easy to get floored then overwhelmed in the club

First roll, first time - dont roll alone. How come you have no friends? Make at least 1 "friend", who you can go with..you can hijack into crowds that are fucked up also ;D

Drugs clear the barriers...but still, meet new people, and dont Trust them all you have.

Honestly going to nightclubs alone is the thing.

They are usually way to loud to do any talking and unless your dancing with the people you came with chances are you'll loose them in the crowd.

Other than the previously mentioned designated driver caveat I really see no downside to this.

Yeah, either way you aren't going to do much talking lol. I find it really helps to have someone to share the experience with, though... just to be able to turn to and say "Dude.. you feel that?" and have them look back at you with a gaze that shows full understanding..

Yeah for sure.

Thats why I like rolling in a living room with friends a lot as well. Sometimes I feel going out on mdma is a bit overrated. At least when compared to a good roll in a safe controllable environment.

I guess the only downside is missing all the LED's and rave toys around at raves/festivals.

going out alone to a nightclub can be fun if you are prepared - like knowing that you will meet/chat with new people or you could be alone while many people are in groups. just go to the dance floor and dance, if you find girls smiling at you, don't be afraid to approach and dance with them.

Don't roll alone on your first roll. Roll with somebody who's a good friend and has rolled before.

Are you a girl? If you are, don't fucking tell a single guy that you're rolling. Don't do it. You'll regret it.

They'll be all up on your cunt like "REALLY BABE, YOU ROLLIN? WANNA GO TO MY PLACE?" like molly is suddenly turns you into a dick-hungry hoe. Don't do it.

Now if you're not a female, I would still suggest laying low on mentioning to anyone that you took some, and also I'd suggest doing a light dose because then you'll feel friendly but won't feel daunted about your eyes womping around while you're trying to talk to people. Just avoid taking too much.

I'm surprised you feel that you might get paranoid. I honestly feel I'm not paranoid enough while rolling. I end up feeling like I can go up to a police officer like "what uuuuuuuuup? thank youuuuuuuuu for your service to the countryyyyyyyy! I totally know a lot of people are all like 'fuck da police' but I knowwwwwwwwww you're just tryin' to feed your familyyyyyy"

I can't speak for how often people take MDMA at night clubs, but I am willing to bet its less since there's quite a bit more alcohol there usually.

In my own experiences, I spend the whole night roaming alone anyway. I'll go with friends, drop with them, but once I'm up I'll be wondering around speaking and dancing with people I don't know. Only part where I feel familiar faces are important is the comeup, but that only lasts 10-15 minutes anyway. I've also considered going to raves alone, It's just the whole getting there, queuing and waiting to comeup, and then the prospect of getting home alone while you're coming down, that I don't really fancy alone. If that doesn't bother you, I'd go for it.
i am a wanderer too. i love dancing . wandering about. dancing more. wandering about more. wash. rinse. repeat.

the psytrance scene in the bay area is pretty tight-knit. i've been out to events alone before but i inevitably end up seeing many people i know.

alasdair

^ Same here with the Hard Dance community, go to a few events and you'll surely remember a few faces even if you don't say a single word to them

I'd recommend you go to a few events without rolling first, make a few friends and roll with them instead. Easier said than done sometimes, but you'll probably have a great time no matter what if the music is right. It kind of depends which "club" you go to though, Studio 7 in Seattle is relaxed as fuck while Foundation or Volume are quite a bit more strict.

Raves are on of the places were going alone is okay. The scene is also small in most cities so after a while you should easily get to know a few people.

I like bars/clubs for rolling alone, more prone to conversation and meeting people. Raves are too loud, everyone is dancing, conversation is less of a focal point.