View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Doing LSD for the first time, bymyself

Cdilly93

Bluelighter
Ive never done any kind of pyschedelic before, but i GREATLY want to try LSD, it just sounds so wonderful. But i dont have anyone that could possibly do it with me so im forced to do it alone unfortunatley. Where and how should i go about doing it? Im worried about having a bad trip, because i dont to well with weed if thats a sign i wont do well with lsd? Thanks in advanced :)

What doesn't agree with you when you do weed? Like to much anxiety, paranoia, visuals etc? Because LSD can cause all three of those effects in a much more pronounced way than weed, so maybe you shouldn't do it. Or if you really are intent on doing it, maybe try a half of a tab first.

What doesn't agree with you when you do weed? Like to much anxiety, paranoia, visuals etc? Because LSD can cause all three of those effects in a much more pronounced way than weed, so maybe you shouldn't do it. Or if you really are intent on doing it, maybe try a half of a tab first.
I just tend to overthink things too much on weed and seem to be one step behind everything, which makes me pretty antisocial when im high which i dont like, which i think alot of my anxiety and paranoia stems from.. If i were to try lsd where should i do it? I still live at home so im not sure if at my house would be a safe envirement

From the looks of it maybe LSD just isn't right for you at this time. I mean like it lasts 10-12 hours so I don't think you'd want to do it at home and doing it somewhere that isn't familiar for your first time can lead to a bad experience and that really isn't fun. Also if you over-think things on weed, I think LSD is gonna be a bit to rough on you.

From the looks of it maybe LSD just isn't right for you at this time. I mean like it lasts 10-12 hours so I don't think you'd want to do it at home and doing it somewhere that isn't familiar for your first time can lead to a bad experience and that really isn't fun. Also if you over-think things on weed, I think LSD is gonna be a bit to rough on you.
Welp, u changed my mind about doing it now haha.. I have been badgering my friend to try it with me, if he gives in do you still think itd be a bad idea for me to do it given my circumstances

Depends, what kind of relationship do you have with your friend? Do you have any sort of emotions or feeling towards them that are in the back of your mind? Are they experienced with psychedelics? Personally I like tripping alone or when I have done it with some one else it's always been just my ex and me doing it.

Depends, what kind of relationship do you have with your friend? Do you have any sort of emotions or feeling towards them that are in the back of your mind? Are they experienced with psychedelics? Personally I like tripping alone or when I have done it with some one else it's always been just my ex and me doing it.
Hes my been my best friend for years :) and no hes not experienced woth pyschedelics and hes very reluctant about trying because of having a "bad trip".... I just hear so many awesome things about LSD and how it can "open your mind" its got me so curious >.<

Tripping with friends can be a great time and ime reduces the chances of having a bad trip, but really if your friend doesnt wanna do it, may be you could get him to just make you company during the trip? He doesnt have to trip just hang out with you and the bonus is you have someone to help you with shit like getting something to drink or anything. Be sure he educates himself on the subject though.

Also, shrooms could be good for a first trip as they last only about 4-5 hours. But they are more mindfuckey and weird than acid which is easier on the mind.

And plan well where youre tripping. Tripping alone at home hiding it from your folks for a first time is a recipe for a bad trip, tell you for experience cuz thats how i did it lol terrible trip, and beforehand i was 100% confident id be fine. Go camping? The best is somewhere youre safe and dont have to worry about shit

Would probably be preferential to have someone else around for your 1st experience, with that being said though no one held my hand my first time with LSD, lol. Be educated but don't overthink it.

I don't like taking LSD by myself because it lasts too long but it depends on the set/setting, IME its best with a few friends.
If you're going to trip alone for your first time IMO try to find a quiet place outdoors, if you have a garden thats perfect. I feel like I have to be close to trees or nature in general while on LSD, it brings calm and very profound thoughts. I would also recommend avoiding unknown people, at least during the come up.
I'd say take it in a calm and familiar place (outdoors its the best like i said before) and then when you get kind of used to the effects you can go somewhere else do some trippy things.

If you decide to do it then don't be scare, you've made your decision and nothing wrong its going to happen. Just go with an open mind man, try to enjoy it as much as possible because you're going to learn a lot of new things, it's a powerfull psychedelic so you're going to see the world from a different perspective, don't try to control it.
LSD is not toxic, no one has ever died, just don't take a big dose (especially if you haven't test it because it could be something else)

^ well said...there's a chance you could have an RC or something, a fair amount of blotter isn't legit. Hopefully your source is trustworthy and honest. Personally I prefer to trip alone, since I don't like other people's reactions interfering with my own exploration. No one held my hand the first time, I just went into it with a good mindset and no preconceived notions and it was fantastic. If either of you is apprehensive, I'd say don't do it. Not being able to handle weed isn't a great sign either.

You keep saying you're scared of a bad trip, you can't think that way at all. LSD and all the other psychedelics I've done have a lot to do with set / setting. Being in a good frame of mind and a safe, comfortable environment (no parents, food, drinks, good music) can make all the difference in your experience. The come up can be a little unnerving until you get used to it and a lot of people find weed helpful. Let the experience engulf you, don't run from it. If you decide to do it, I look forward to reading a trip report, just remember to dose safe, and if things take a turn for the worse, the experience will eventually end...don't fret it. Good luck!

Would probably be preferential to have someone else around for your 1st experience, with that being said though no one held my hand my first time with LSD, lol. Be educated but don't overthink it.

Absolutely. You want to be sure someone is there for you in case you have a bad trip. They last for ever and you are really never sure what´s real in some cases your mind needs a 'reset'..

Weed also gives me anxiety, but that has no relation to the quality of my LSD trips. Really, it is all about set and setting. If you are anxious about taking it, the odds may be higher that you’ll have a bad trip, but that is not guaranteed. I often have nervous anticipation before a trip, but this is different than anxiety. If you do decide to go ahead, I highly recommend you to find a place where you are comfortable and won’t feel judged by others. If I had tried LSD when I lived at home and my parents walked in on me, I’d have freaked. Out in nature is a fantastic, but so is inside in a good setting. I preferred tripping with friends when I was younger, but now prefer tripping alone - they both have their merits and it depends somewhat on your personality and mood. Being with a good friend on your first trip could be a lot of fun and provides support.

Be diligent about the quality of your goods. No need to start with a high dose. 100 – 125 ug could be fun for a first trip, not overwhelming and less likely to result in a bad trip. It will give you some understanding of the drug and how it progresses. This will also give you more confidence for the next time round. (My first trip was 200 ug and it was fairly intense but I had a blast. But I was experienced with other chemicals and it has always been my nature to leap in. Everyone’s different).

There’s a wealth of information out there on things to do to improve your trip, like eating fruit, stretching, listening to your favorite music, etc. Perhaps you’ve already read a lot which is excellent preparation. One piece of advice I strongly believe in, if you start having negative thoughts or things start to go sideways, just change what you are doing. It seems so simple but just going from one room to another can be like walking through the looking glass. I had some stomach nausea once and things started to go sideways….I picked up a piece of fruit and bit into it and was instantly immersed in an explosion of taste that was literally orgasmic, and put me in fits of euphoric laughter. A complete 180.

Ultimately, if you have any hesitation to try it, I would just wait until you feel truly excited at the prospect. There’s no rush and you are bound to have plenty more opportunities in the future. LSD is an incredible drug, and it is shocking how the anti-drug sites are so full of mis-information, propaganda and dogma. I avoided LSD for years thinking it would make me want to jump out of a window or see fire breathing dragons nipping at my soul. It is nothing like that (at least not in reasonable doses). I have never hallucinated things that weren’t there – just had marvelous enhancements to what’s already there. Once it kicks in, the come-up is swift for me. I remember on my first trip it felt like a building nervous energy that I wasn’t sure where it would lead or if it would get too intense but sure enough it peaks and settles down, usually accompanied by waves of euphoria, and then it evolves, and transforms, and you learn to understand and trust it. And if you go with the flow it is a beautiful ride.

Yup, just because you experience anxiety from weed does not mean you will from psychedelics.

Lest you should think it is an uncommon experience and thereby miss out on something potentially special, I'll chime in to agree with Auranova and relbatnrut above. Marijuana is the king of creativity enhancers for me, but it also has the potential to induce anxiety with veiled causes. Psychedelic discomfort usually leads to good things (like getting over that discomfort!). The marijuana variety, not so much.

It isn't this way around for everyone mind you, so take care.

Weed and LSD are very different drugs. I have slowly grown to hate weed for its paranoia and anxiety inducing effects (when I used to LOVE it years ago), but I absolutely adore LSD. The toughest part is usually the come up, when you usually get hit with unfounded worries for an hour or two before you hit that blissful... OH SO BLISSFUL plateau for 6 or 7 hours hahah.

My biggest words of advice are to make sure you have a whole 24 hours free and clear, and if it's bitter, it's a spitter. Since you live with your folks, I assume you're young; if you're young, most of the acid you'll likely see will be an NBOMe compound. Every younger guy I hang out with of late thinks NBOMe's are LSD, which is the furthest thing from the truth. LSD is tasteless, to barely "electric" tasting, keep that in mind.

They are but I get really bad trip with weed just as with LSD. Different, but in the same direction.
Same logic, so to speak..

^I've never had a truly terrible reaction to weed, so perhaps the OP is more similar to you then. I've simply grown to see weed as shallow, pointless and anxiety inducing, as opposed to frightening or panic attack inducing. LSD is certainly more serious given its duration and shear mental capabilities, so you should take that into consideration OP.

ive never had a bad trip with lucy in the sky with diamonds, in fact as time passes and i began realizing that if u take it with special people u enjoy it in ways that ive never imagine ( and obiously starting consuming the closest thing to real thing ;) ), the level of conection it can produce between two or more persons is unbelievable and better in open spaces like the beach at night ! hahahaa...