• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

doing ecstasy on my birthday? to young?

halperdude

Bluelighter
I know this has probably been asked plenty of times, but i couldn't find it in search engine as ridiculous as that sounds. Anyway's im turning 15 tomorrow and a couple of friends and i are planning on doing ecstasy. All my friend's have abused MDMA in the past, and i being stubborn and resilient have refused time after time. My friends convinced me my first roll should be on my 15th birthday since i haven't ever really had a fun birthday and this would make it the best birthday of my life. Anyway's is it a bad idea to do ecstasy at 15? negative side effects because of developing brain etc?

Yep, it's a bad idea. Your brain isn't even close to being done developing.

Stay strong, resist. I know peer pressure can be a motherfucker, but I never did drugs until I was 18 and I'm quite glad I waited.

Stick to the ganja man.

Terrible idea.

Dont ruin your birthdays with MDMA. Every other birthday after that will be second best if that, compared to the time your brain drained every last bit of serotonin is a 4 hour time period.

alright, thanks for the reply. Ganja FTW i guess, anyone else with an opposing idea or with more reasons why its a bad idea?

alright, thanks for the reply. Ganja FTW i guess, anyone else with an opposing idea or with more reasons why its a bad idea?

While your brain is developing and it would be terrible, a one time thing IMO wouldn't be that bad, it's just the want to roll again after that, and after that that would be a bad idea, because it's bound to happen with the amazing MDMA experience.

I don't like the person above me's idea of every birthday only coming second good to this 15th, in which you'd be rolling, and it would be an unforgettable experience. I don't think rolling would ruin the birthday experience.

Anywho, peer pressure is a bitch, if you can avoid the situation props to you.
If you don't avoid it, you should at least avoid another use, until maybe your next birthday haha <3

Alright thanks vincent, your post seem's much less biased. I guess in the end i's up to me :p

I'm not sure what age would be the best to wait until, but I would say that emotional/psychological maturity is also very important. Posting and asking before doing it shows that you do care about your health, so does the fact that you have declined trying it in the past. It doesn't sound like it's particularly important to you to do it, it seems like it's more of a social pressure, so why not just wait for now?

It's a good skill to be able to make your own decisions regardless of what friends think. If you are going to continue to use recreational drugs in the future, being able to turn down offers will be a huge asset. It's easy to make decisions we are not comfortable with when other people are pressuring us.

Whatever you decide, have a good time :)

I dunno what these people are talking about w/ the ruining your other bdays and stuff... i mean you could easily say doing it ever ruins every other day in your life... but i mean tbh if you feel like your mature and you don't ABUSE... once a month isn't horrible for your health... do what you want, personally i wouldn't at 15 but if you feel ready then go for it =]

I can't lecture because first time I popped a pill was when I was 16, but I did it in 2 half pill bites spaced out. I cant condone drug use to somebody who cant legally have sex yet.

The first time I rolled was when I was 15. I don't regret that at all, in fact looking back I think it really helped me in a positive way for all the stuff I was going through at the time. Maybe my brain wasn't "developed" yet, and I don't want to bore with my educational background but let's just say it didn't effect me long term in any way. Keep in mind that after that first time I waited a full year to roll again.

The choice is completely up to you. If people here don't want you to do it, that's their opinion (they are not doctors). If your friends or other people tell you TO do it, that's their opinion as well (I'm not a doctor either). If you want to do it, go for it. Just please do your research so you're not another one of these kids talking about how they got sold heroin pills last weekend.

^ Also since when is there a legal age to have sex?

First time I did E was when i was 16 and it was and still is the best fuking day of my life, I didnt know what was coming and have never experienced it before, nor read anything about it.

If you think you are mature enough then id go for it, start with a small dose but imo if your 14 just turning 15 you do seem very young

The first time I rolled was when I was 15. I don't regret that at all, in fact looking back I think it really helped me in a positive way for all the stuff I was going through at the time. Maybe my brain wasn't "developed" yet, and I don't want to bore with my educational background but let's just say it didn't effect me long term in any way. Keep in mind that after that first time I waited a full year to roll again.

The choice is completely up to you. If people here don't want you to do it, that's their opinion (they are not doctors). If your friends or other people tell you TO do it, that's their opinion as well (I'm not a doctor either). If you want to do it, go for it. Just please do your research so you're not another one of these kids talking about how they got sold heroin pills last weekend.

^ Also since when is there a legal age to have sex?

Strictly speaking in the Uk you have to be 16 to 'legally' have sex

^ Sounds like you haven't tried LSD yet :p

Edit: damnit, ninjad. twas meant for matt.

Bit wary for OP though, getting on topic... At 14 I was happy with stealing a couple of my dad's beer, going to the cinema, playing pool and shit. What do you wana do E for at that age? :\ I don't wana sound patronising but you've got so much to do at that age without looking at class a drugs. I didnt even smoke a biff till I was 16

I rolled for the first time when i was like ~16 and i regret it. I didn't do enough research so i expected hours and hours of euphoria; So i took the blue bunny pill, felt GREAT for almost an hour, then crashed HARD and just wanted more. Ended up splitting another blue bunny with a friend after that and just feeling retarded.

Look at your friends who have 'abused' mdma in the past, do they seem like very smart kids? Everyone i have ever met who rolls often is a straight retard, which just goes to show how much damage it can do to the developing brain.

all in all, I'd say hold off til at LEAST next halloween or something

Last edited:
The development your brain and body makes in a year is not to be underestimated either mate. The amount i have changed and matured since 16 let alone 14 is unreal, I'm a completely different person with different aims and go about things completely differently. Personality complete opposite.

I'm only 2 weeks from my 19th birthday too. Goes to show.

That's interesting Strutter I didn't know that about age of consent in the uk.

Anyway staying on topic, I somewhat agree with what Psyke said. Looking back to high school all the people I knew who abused mdma didn't really make it anywhere, but keep in mind there's a big difference between an mdma "abuser" and an mdma "user". I knew lots of people who would roll back then on occasion, with whom I would have long conversations about the risks and facts about mdma. Those were the responsible ones who did use mdma at a young age, but ended up going on to post-secondary and doing well for themselves.

Then there's that group of people who were immature and not responsible at all. They would pop pills like they were candy, talk about how they took coke or heroin pills the other day and would make ME feel like an idiot whenever I brought up harm reduction, moderation or a marquis reagent. Two completely different leagues of people, and while I know publicly not many successful people talk about mdma usage.. I can assure you those people do exist.