• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Doing acid for the first time was the biggest mistake I ever made

Nsquillace1

Greenlighter
First time I ever did acid was last Monday. I had an amazing trip for the first 5 hours the next week and half has been hell. A week after i still had slight hallucinations. Wavey text. Sparkly trees. The clouds look as if I'm seeing them for the first time again. I was barley able to sleep until Saturday night I had an extreme panic attack. Circling my room in fear not being able to think straight the only thing my mind can process was how scared I was. That night I had to tell my parents. My mom was very comforting and she helped me relax and we cried together. Her telling me I will be okay made me snap out of my panic. That night I finally had a good night sleep. But the next days after have been very depressing and I feel unmotivated. The visuals have stoped only occasionally dark places seem cloudy and fuzzy and the clouds still look as if im seeing them for the first time. today I'm here writing this because just now a worker at my job made me laugh really hard. for the first time since the bad trip I phased back into reality to the point where I feel okay again. But then at the same time still feel a little down. Is it getting better ? Am I finally getting over my traumatizing trip?

Last edited:
It will all pass with time. Do you know how many hits you took?

I've been in that situation before but not for that long. I've done acid a decent number of times. The come down can be kind of weird feeling and you just want to go to sleep but can't. especially when you are having a bad trip. I remember when I took more than I've ever done and felt like I literally fried my brain lol. I couldn't put words together in my head to form a sentence and just sat there sweating uncomfortably. The visuals were amazing but I wasn't having a good time. And for quite awhile after that I was not myself. Atleast for a week or so.

As weird as this may sound I believe lsd can change your whole perspective as a person permanently. Not in a bad why but I think my thought process and certain things about me have changed since trying acid. I am in no way an expert on lsd and honestly don't know a whole lot about it besides my personal experiences.

You will feel back to your old self in no time. And don't let this one bad experience make you think that that will happen everytime you do it. Everytime is different but occasionally you can have a 'bad trip'. Be safe and have fun!

I only took one tab. And yea I think my entire way of thinking. My entire thought process has changed. Today I just feel really really tired

Different tabs have different doses; it could have been a really strong dose for that tab. You're not going to be able to determine how much you ACTUALLY had, as different batches contain a different amount. Which still isn't even fully true, even on the same batch there could be a difference in mcg.

With my first experience, I ended up having to take two, went straight into my trip and later threw up four times until I passed out from nothing being in my stomach. A few days after that I was dealing with severe nausea, but never got sick again.

It WAS your first time; not everyone is going to react the same with acid. I don't recommend trying it again until your symptoms have completely disappeared, and if you do plan on trying it again, just make sure you're in a comfortable environment, in a good mood, and that your mind is clear. It's all about your environment. Try turning on some EDM, focusing your mind on yourself, allow your body to relax and accept the acid. Once you accept the acid, the acid accepts you. ;)

It sounds like you just had too strong of a dose for your first time. Do you deal with any mental health problems such as anxiety or depression at all? That can be a factor as well.

I've always had slight depression. I wouldn't say depression but was always depressed at times but always had these little things I would always do that kept me happy and kept me wanting to live life, now these little things seem to not make me as happy. And I have social anxiety

cannablissss is right on point.

Make sure you are in a good mood, in a good environment, listening to good tunes and your with good people. That's definitely going to effect the result of your trip. The only time I've had bad trips it had to do with being around to many people and just not in the right state of mind beforehand.

And like I said how your feeling right now will eventually subside and you will start feeling normal again as days pass

An acid trip is a week-long ordeal, at least. Your mindset will change for maybe a month. Don't worry, it goes back to normal. You're not permanently brain damaged or anything, your serotonin is just temporarily out of whack.

After my first acid trip, I was convinced I'd been accepted into some secret society that everyone else had known about for ages, and that everyone I'd meet already knew everything about me and that I was one of them... That there was some massive conspiracy for the greater good that the government and organized religion was trying to hide from me my whole life. Hard to explain. Of course, this feeling passed after a while.

Also, I don't think it had anything to do with the amount he took. More likely it has to do with the content of the trip. I've taken relatively massive trips and been beaming afterwards. After the only bad trip I ever had on LSD, I was bummed out for a while. Just remember, set and setting are everything when it comes to psychedelics.

Last edited:
What is your drug history? In my experience its normal to feel off for a week or longer after a bad acid trip. You eventually recover.

I don't really have a big drug history. When I was in elementary school I took something for my ADD for a couple weeks if that matters. But other than that all I do is smoke weed, I've done coke and Molly a couple times and I ate an 8th of shrooms before but I didn't feel anything from it if that counts. I feel better by the day but I just have this unsettling feeling of unhappiness stuck in the back of my head

Did your tab taste Bitter? If it did then you probably had 25I-NBOMe, if you did take a bitter blotter its normal to have a hangover-like effect that lasts long ! But it wont last more than 2-3 weeks. If it tasted nothing you had LSD then the only thing that makes you feel unhappy is yourself, you have more control on how you feel and dont know how to use it, you will learn with time and see that it wasnt a mistake but a gift of control.

As for visuals you might have HPPD (hallucination persisting percepting disorder) dont be scared it is harmless, in fact what you see is what your brain struggle to understand and want to get it out of your system, I have it and after 3 months in it I was happy to have it sure the first month I was like damn what If I have this for life, but no its no permanent, to me it became peaceful and it is like music but visual all the time. After 2 years it lowered its like half intense as it was and I am sad to have it even lower after 4 years. Also keep in mind that during those 4 years I did more than 50 mushroom trips that fuelled that Disorder so my guess is that in 6 months your view will be back to normal but mabe with an increased precision.

As for thought process, again its about gaining control and not know how to use it. Just wait and try to understand what process you want to use to think. Your brain is in a phase of high plasticity which means it is able to disconnect and create new connections withing your neural system to make it how you want, if you dont know what you want the change will be chaotic but if you know its just increasing the speed at which you gain what you want.

To clarify Bitter blotters cause hangover and are different than LSD but do the same regarding plasticity only.

I don't really have a big drug history. When I was in elementary school I took something for my ADD for a couple weeks if that matters. But other than that all I do is smoke weed, I've done coke and Molly a couple times and I ate an 8th of shrooms before but I didn't feel anything from it if that counts. I feel better by the day but I just have this unsettling feeling of unhappiness stuck in the back of my head

Bad trips can be really rough, especially with your lack of experience. I had a bad mescaline + hash trip that took me over 2 months to recover from. It's very difficult the first time this happens, because you start worrying that you'll never recover. Once you've had a few bad trips that you've recovered from, then you start to have more faith that you'll eventually find a new equilibrium. FOr example, my last bad trip only took me 4 days to recover from.

One way to recover is to trip again, and go work through whatever psychological material caused the first bad trip. I wouldn't recommend that in your case due to your lack of experience with psychedelics. It has worked for me though, for instance I recovered from my last bad acid trip by taking mushrooms a week later. Mushrooms have generally always been very good to me and they fixed me right up.

After my first acid trip, I was convinced I'd been accepted into some secret society that everyone else had known about for ages, and that everyone I'd meet already knew everything about me and that I was one of them... That there was some massive conspiracy for the greater good that the government and organized religion was trying to hide from me my whole life. Hard to explain. Of course, this feeling passed after a .

Lol, sounds like you 'woke up' for the first time, but now you've gone back to sleep again. It's ok though, life is much easier with some ignorance of the things you cannot change, especially once you have kids.

And you can easily join one of the mystery schools ('secret societies') but unless you're born into it you'll not become any wiser to their intentions at the top levels. Shit I've met 32nd degree Masons who openly admitted to knowing fuck all about what it is they are apart of. Bloodlines are needed for any hope of real knowledge but they are as compartmentalized as any business which is where businesses borrowed their pyramid structures from any way. The pyramids are a good place to start, that and learning about language and where our words come from - etymology from memory, been a while since I abandoned 15 years of research/torture and depression......you'll get straighter answers drinking ayahausca or the psilocybe mushroom ime. Sry for the hijack/digression OP.

"I think therefore I am'"

You think you're not OK and permanently affected from the LSD never to be the same and you are. You think you're OK and the same old you and you are. Both statements can be true even at the same time. Your mind is more powerful than you know. It's that simple yet extremely complex.

"I think therefore I am'"

You think you're not OK and permanently affected from the LSD never to be the same and you are. You think you're OK and the same old you and you are. Both statements can be true even at the same time. Your mind is more powerful than you know. It's that simple yet extremely complex.

He found out that the cat in the box was alive and very baddly wants to go back to not knowing if it was alive or dead. Just needs time to forget it really is alive so he can go back to not knowing and thus not caring. What you dont know cant hurt you.

I always wonder and worry about what kind of shit people add to drugs like LSD, heroin, cocaine and the like. We all have heard horror stories. In my acid days (1973-1973), I was fortunate to find a guy who had hundreds of hits of windowpane all melted together. We called it The Rock and bought it for $90. The kid had it in aluminum foil on his windshield in the summer sun and it melted. It was potent and pure. Those were the daze of Owsley acid. :)

We'd go to our favorite bar and have the whole place tripping (with their permission, of course). The Rock lasted for about 2 years. I tripped every weekend while in college and studying engineering. Graphic design was tough.

One day, my good friend and I decided to do a massive trip. We bought mescaline from the same guy and took it with the rock. It was a beautiful fall day and we just lay down on a hillside. We wanted to be safe and blasted Emerson, Lake and Palmer from my VW's 8-track stereo that was parked nearby. My buddy would not let me climb a tree. Ha ha. That would have been the end of Mikie. This was the wildest trip in my life.

My
point? If you want to trip, find some really good acid (if you can). Then, lay down the money for at least 100 hits. Then, you won't have the worries like "What do we have this time?"

I pray that those rotten side effects end for you.

Last edited: