View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dof

Smyth

Bluelighter
Since DOC is reported to be far more enjoyable than DOB and DOI, and some people are even saying they like it more than LSD. Then there is the fact that 4-FMP is also liked by nearly everyone who has tried it. Why has there been no mention of DOF? It can be made relatively easily by a Balz-Schiemann on DON.

Animal potency has it down in potency by more than an order of magnitude. Not that this has anything to do with quality.

when reading through rhodium some days ago i stumbled upon this:
[DOF] has been prepared by reaction of [2,5-dimethoxy-4-fluorobenzaldehyde] with nitroethane [...] followed by LAH reduction to DOF [...]. Animal studies that have compared DOF to the highly potent DOI and DOB imply that the human activity will be some four to six times less than these two heavier halide analogues. As of the present time, no human trials of DOF have been made.

i have never had the chance too try a DOx compound. are they as deep as LSD or even deeper than that, i have heard the body load is much stronger much more like AMT but i have never found it that bad the body load from that, which DOx do you enjoy the most, apart from DOB?

A slight DOC overdose was extremely deep. My perceptions were altered enough to believe all kinds of crazy shit, like, my cell phone was a direct communication device with aliens, and the people in my contact list were biblical people, and the end of the world was imminent so I kept looking out the window waiting for the sun to turn off, stuff like that just to name a couple things out of many.

At the right dose I think the heavier halides (DOB, DOI) provide Earth shattering and very testing experiences (but not comfortable or recreational in any way).

Last edited:
morninggloryseed said:
Animal potency has it down in potency by more than an order of magnitude. Not that this has anything to do with quality.

So it'll be right there with some of the phenethylamines. Perfect!

i have been thinking about DOF a lot lately, since the general consensus with both the 2-carbon and 3-carbon halogens has been the heavier (or less electronegative?) the 4 position the less enjoyable the resultant psychedelic. well actually its a matter of taste so i wont make that argument but i think its fair to say DOC has been better tolerated than DOB or DOI, and the less potent (by weight) DOx chems like DOM are always fantastic! anyway i have a feeling DOF would be great, its still quite economical and might have a shorter duration which is one of the things that puts a lot of people off DOx.

any thoughts since this thread was posted, any ideas as to why it has never made it onto the market?

Last edited:
I would love to try DOF; I've been interested in it since I first read PiHKAL years and years ago. It has always seemed like it would have the perfect amount of attenuation of the extreme potency/duration of the typical psychedelic 2,5-dimethoxy-amphetamines. I always really liked DOI, but the extraordinary duration and resultant tolerance makes it impractical as a nice 'around-the-house' psychedelic or event psychedelic--it requires a lot of planning, a vast time commitment and is always exhausting by the end (unlike the tryptamines or the ergoloids, which are actually quite refreshing after the trip is completed). I can't even imagine what it would be like to try one of the ultra-long lasting psychedelic amphetamines, like DOPR or one of the 4-halo-dragonfly compounds...36 hours of power.

Last edited:
^ You probably won't get a response from Trog, I haven't heard from him in over a year.

And BTW, don't hurt his feelings--he really looks like that... ;)

i thought that the reason the fluorinated compounds weren't made is because they were harder to make. I thought I remembered someone (a comment of Shulgins?) saying that dealing with fluorine was just frustrating, and that it didn't seem worth the trouble to him.

Well he is interested in fluorine, the main reason is that -CH2CH2F acts just like a halogen when attached to the 4-position of a phenethylamine or amphetamine.

Thus--where 2C-B is a chemical dead end in chemical synthesis--2C-ethylfuoride can have more things attached to it at the 4-position, and synthesis of novel (and possibly psychedelic) 2C-halogen and DO-halogen substances can continue.

^True, he did find quite a bit of value in DOEF. One reservation I have about DOF (mulling over what I said before), however, is the fact that 2,5-dimethoxy-amphetamine (DMA) is pretty much inactive (aside: has anyone ever tried this one to confirm its lack of specialness?) and a fluoro-moiety on an aromatic ring isn't all that different than a hydrogen. On a naked amphetamine, that is a good thing. Take for example, 4-fluoro-amphetamine, a compound that I have always heard stellar things about but never had the pleasure of trying. Clearly, it is not like its nefarious and evil brethren, the serotonergic neurotoxins pCA, pBA and pIA. But on a 2,4,5-psychedelic, a decidedly less-than-naked amphetamine, don't we need something on the 4-position with a little oomph? The claim in PiHKAL is that DOF would be around an order of magnitude weaker than a heavy-hitter like DOI. If that is true, then it should be spectacular. If, on the other hand, is it like 2,5-DMA, well...well then I have no idea what to expect.

Makes me wonder about DOYN as well, a possible shorter duration DOx would be great;)

im 90% sure i have read the 2,5-DMA is active in the DEA microgram, im a bit to tired to search for it now though, i think it was found in ecstasy tablets or herbal ecstasy or somesuch i know that in and of its self does not say much but...let me try to dig it up.

What would happen to DOFs effects on the PNS? Because if it's every bit as vasoconstricting and sympathicomimetic as say DOB mg per mg, you would have your fingers falling off before getting to the good psychedelia...

I also wonder about DOMXs by the way...

IIRC 2C-TFM had a hell of a duration of effect, veeeerry long compared to others, I imagine DOTFM would last even longer, the only one of the series I've tried has been DOI.

I recall reading years ago, that 2,5-DMA was active, as a simple stimulant, although I cannot recall a source to back that up, at some 150-250mg plus, a heck of a waste considering some halogenation would offer up a quarter of 1k doses of the more potent DOxx series compounds=D

Smacks of heresy almost, unless one happened to be running a DOxx production lab and cranking out doses by the bucketload.

Which for the record, I am most certainly not doing, and have never attempted to do.

I know a halogen won't come off a ring metabolically, but what about an fluoroalkyl group? there sits just a little unease in me about fluoroethyl derivatives, I wouldn't want to find they split off fluoroacetic acid/fluoroacetate ion in vivo, I don't like antidoteless rat poison in any quantity, with my drugs.

Ripping things off of an aromatic ring usually requires reaction conditions that are a little outside the boundaries of normal human physiology. So I doubt that an entire fluoroethyl moiety is going to just fall off of the ring and start to wreak havoc on the body. As for a trifluoromethyl moiety, while I doubt that it would be 'detach' from the ring, I would never want to try DOTFM, that sounds like trouble waiting to happen.

Haha nice one about the poison although I've never heard of people killing rats with TFA...
Hmmm well I didn't say go right ahead and slap 3 fluorines on there, maybe start off with DOFM (ok so we're talking about DOXMs not DOMXs then - I think I'm gonna beat every one of my friends at scrabble...) and see what we have?
I do like the idea of disastrous DOTFM in the same way I like reading about train wreck trips now and then, you know the feeling: feeling sorry but oh so glad it's not you taking the stuff. ;D

It isn't TFA thats the toxin, its fluoroacetic acid itself, gets metabolised into fluorocitrate which buggers the krebs cycle.