• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Doesn't taking gaba drugs feel like a huge worry/responsibility for fear that....

They aren't in fear because they are on gaba drugs...
^This. This so hard. You do not realize or care about much on GABA drugs. When I quit drinking (well, drinking with regularity and to EXCESS) this summer I was disgusted with how dirty my house was, how poor my diet and lifestyle had become, and I was truly amazed that I didn't fucking notice this deterioration for almost two years!

What happens if you go to jail and you have a prescription for your drug?

in the UK, you get your drugs or a substitute - for instance, UK jails no longer really Rx benzos but they'll hook you up with pregabalin to ease you thru (unless its an exigent circumstance aka poss seizure)
in america, god knows, terrifying prospect - if you're lucky you might get on a maintenance program but i've heard a fair few horror stories

What happens if you go to jail and you have a prescription for your drug?
I was not allowed the opportunity to get my medications when arrested and even if I had I doubt they'd have cared enough to actually administer them.

I was not allowed the opportunity to get my medications when arrested and even if I had I doubt they'd have cared enough to actually administer them.

how is that legal? seem to fit "cruel and unusual punishment" I don't understand how they can't get sued for pulling people off their medications

how is that legal? seem to fit "cruel and unusual punishment" I don't understand how they can't get sued for pulling people off their medications

junkies aren't people, remember? (jk obv)
but yeah, i can't understand why they're so mean in US jails and prisons.

also did you know that in Maine (i think) in the 19th century, some prison gaurds were repreimanded for cruel and unusual punishment;
giving prisoners lobsters to eat, as back then no one really ate them - they were seen as weird and famine-food. lmao imagine that now

I agree with the idea of the original post. Related to GABA, I've had problems with alcohol, benzos, and phenibut. The feelings of hopelessness, dread, and panic that accompany the withdrawals are terrible. I have been in a really bad way before, especially from alcohol, shaking and so on. As far as I know, alcohol is the second most dangerous drug that exists, after tobacco, and at least with tobacco, the withdrawals won't ever kill you.

*edited for minor clarification

they have life threatening withdrawals worse than heroin?

I would really like to try baclofen but the stories of gaba withdrawals sound terrifying and feels like such a heavy burden worrying if it would ever happen to you.

Kratom was the first physically addictive drug I took with any regularity having been a stimmer in my youth and kratom had me worried enough when I first started but I always knew from the stories that there was quite a low ceiling to how bad the withdrawal get however with gaba drugs there is no limit is there.

How are you not constantly in fear of losing control?

I have what a therapist has called extreme generalised anxiety disorder so I always fear the worst scenarios even though I have never been one to abuse substances and take very tiny doses really compared to most.

But baclofen sounded like something which could have great therapeutic potential so I wanted to experiment with it but the fear of withdrawal stops me. I certainly only want to take it now and then but it is that huge monstrous withdrawal capability that scares me. But at the same time it sounds like I could be missing out on a great tool.

I see that alot of you do not seem to worry about phenibut and can keep it under control so what is your mental rational. In my mind currently it feels like using gaba drugs would be akin to leaving loaded handguns around the house. (I am from europe btw so that is not the norm unlike you yanks :))

Isn't it like that with phenibut/baclofen where one false move, just getting a little too comfortable with the substance and you are in deep shit and the world is cracking under your feet or is there some leeway/ways to check yourself without things spiraling out of control.

Deioflage- your concern here is smart and warranted. After having withdrawn from Oxy's, GHB, xanax and baclofen, I can tell you the GABA w/d's are the worst. The WORST. BY FAR. However, you aren't going to take a few doses and be fucked forever. Everyone's experience on GABA drugs is extremely subjective and a byproduct of an extremely multifactorial backdrop. If you are very curious about the potential benefit, start super slow. Those of us that have been through the depersonalizations, anxiety, and boneshaking persistence of these withdrawals will also admit we were eating the shit like tic tacs. Or in the case of G, shooting it like vodka round the clock, denying our bodies of food, water and life - (except sex, oddly enough). It sounds like you are reasonable and relatively measured with your dosing, if that's true, have no fear. If it's not, then don't put your foot in the pool, because hell hath no fury.