• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed ruin your tastes in media?

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
For me... watching anime and smoking weed are inseparable activities. I can't do one without the other. I watch anime, I smoke weed. If I'm not watching anime I feel like I'm wasting the weed by smoking it, and if I watch a good fight scene in anime, I feel like I'm wasting the opportunity by not smoking weed.

However, I've noticed, I've enjoyed some pretty stupid shit high that I'd shut off instantly sober. I actually liked Sword Art Online... but you better believe I was high as fuck. And I actually thought Inuyasha was some sort of masterpiece. Bottle Fairy made me squeel and giggle... Ever met someone who's a fan Queen's Blade and Ikkitousen? You have now. I bet if I watched Naruto... I'd like it. But even my high as fuck ass had the sense to know that Future Diary was shit, so I'm not totally hopeless.
Hell, weed helped turn me into a brony.

Maybe pot does kill brain cells... or maybe anime does.

wow.

okay scientifically all the dopamine makes your experience that much more rewardind and more interesting

i notice the same too. i Looove playing The Sims 4 on my laptop when im high. i can play it for hours.

but as far as ruin? not so

No.

Marijuana helps me immerse myself more completely in whatever media medium (heh) I'm using at the moment. TV shows are better (shows that tell a story through seasons/arcs instead of one unrelated story per episode), books are better than TV, and video games rule them all.

But no, weed doesn't make "bad tv" better or vice versa... it just makes me more into what I would normally be into, and a little bit more likely to watch/read/play things that I typically wouldn't.

I noticed a similar effect. I can watch the dumbest, most inane cartoons and shows on TV and be fairly entertained, when normally I would stop watching. For me, shows I hate sober, such as Full House, Uncle Grandpa, and Fairly Odd Parents are actually funny when I'm baked. However, when I watch those shows while I'm on speed, they seem even worse than usual, so I don't think it's just the Dopamine.

The best is analyzing that same stuff on LSD. I remember going through my rap songs thinking "how can i like this stuff sober, its literally some guy talking about how much better then me he is" It was so funny listening to 50 cent and thinking about why sober me likes it. But how you perceive things and relate to them is way way more complicated then any one neurotransmitter.

it's more to do with boredom than herb ime. if you have less time then it becomes hard to justify wasting precious high time on shit like SOA.

hey it just clicked that your username is from that song on the GiTS OST

No, I've tried & I could never smoke enough weed to make anime look good. Maybe you just have naturally poor taste? Plenty of Japanese people are like that without weed.

Salutations PsychedelicSoul,

About « Does weed ruin your tastes in media? »...

Usually it's the other way around: e.g. medias can ruin my taste of cannabic serenity, especially the anonymous type.

Good day, have fun!! 8)

it's more to do with boredom than herb ime. if you have less time then it becomes hard to justify wasting precious high time on shit like SOA.hey it just clicked that your username is from that song on the GiTS OST
Wow, what a coincidence. But anyways, I've done lots of stuff high, but really, the only thing I like to do is listen to music or watch stuff. I know other people do some wacky shit however.

I find that drugs (in general, not just marijuana) has somewhat dimmed my appreciation of music while I am sober.

I used to LOVE heavy metal. Not long after getting into marijuana I also was influenced by other types of music. My friends all listened to rap. It wasn't really my thing at first but gradually I started really digging things about it like the heavy bass. Ain't nothin' like some kick ass subs while getting baked.

I started really digging techno type stuff when I started using psychedelics. To this day I preffer EDM type music. I even dabbled in making some of my own tracks.

The POINT is.. I used to get music induced euphoria and I easily connected with emotions through songs before drugs. Drugs heighten my appreciation for music multi fold, but I find that it is hard for me to get that "Awe shit yeah!" feeling from music when I'm dead sober now. Also, I don't ever really listen to metal or rock music any more... Maybe My old bands deserve some nostalgia.

I prefer to listen to music on the peak of the weed high.

When it stones out I just stare at the comp screen and watch stupid shows. Nothing too interesting. I get pretty stupid when stoned so comprehending complex films is just not what I wanna do when stoned.

I used to smoke every week to watch new episode of naruto, bleach, the simspons, and anything entertaining. I felt like i was wasting the experience watching a show I like not getting high. Some shows I can't watch high because i feel like it ruin my high but i still feel like weed makes any show more entertaining to watch even if the show suck when am sober ill like it high and enjoy it. Weed changes my perceptions to anything i watch.

There is no experience like getting incredibly stoned, pretty much to the point of immobility and anxiety induced by any change of state, in a dark room, and then binge watching a season or several of a prestige TV series. It is unbelievably immersive, you will see how "all the peices matter," as they do for The Wire, one for this genre, also Peaky Blinders (UK), Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, The Americans, these period pieces fucking rock beacuse they are immersive on a different level entirely. Go for it bro. Maintained low dose ketamine also can have a similar effect and a greater sense of you actually partiicpating. It's teetering on the edge of some very well defined clinical manifestations of first order psychotic symptoms, so caveat emptor, but it's a hell of a ride.

Inuyasha is a master piece my ninja

Duuuuuuude, I could never get into Inuyasha.

Every time I saw him on Toonami he was doing some super weak shit in like a field of flower with some girl or other.

I don't think I've seen a single Inuyasha action scene or anything, ever.

There is no experience like getting incredibly stoned, pretty much to the point of immobility and anxiety induced by any change of state, in a dark room, and then binge watching a season or several of a prestige TV series. It is unbelievably immersive, you will see how "all the peices matter," as they do for The Wire, one for this genre, also Peaky Blinders (UK), Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, The Americans, these period pieces fucking rock beacuse they are immersive on a different level entirely. Go for it bro. Maintained low dose ketamine also can have a similar effect and a greater sense of you actually partiicpating. It's teetering on the edge of some very well defined clinical manifestations of first order psychotic symptoms, so caveat emptor, but it's a hell of a ride.

I know exactly what you mean. Binge-watching well-established series' turns a 30min-1hr television show into a truly epic of a movie, almost every time.

I really, really love doing that.

I don't know if it is weed itself but something about smoking/being stoned does seem to make the BS more unbearable. When I watch TV in general it seems like one giant add stream from major corporations trying to sell it. Shameless plugs left and right, really not a fan of TV period. I like netflix or youtube, but that is all the TV that I watch.

When I'm really high news stations seem comical if not highly irritating. They all seem so transparent, makes me wonder how anyone buys that shit.

Duuuuuuude, I could never get into Inuyasha.

Every time I saw him on Toonami he was doing some super weak shit in like a field of flower with some girl or other.

I don't think I've seen a single Inuyasha action scene or anything, ever.

I know exactly what you mean. Binge-watching well-established series' turns a 30min-1hr television show into a truly epic of a movie, almost every time.

I really, really love doing that.
Watch a scene with inuyasha vs sesshomaru, or sesshomaru vs anyone for that matter. Sesshomarus fights get supa lit