• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed make anyone else feel dumb when they're sober?

personally it makes me dumber. when i was going to college i eventually quit smoking before class because it was much easier for me to learn sober. i occasionally got high when we just did easy things like having tons of extra time to work on projects or were watching videos. i forget a lot easier also while high. even when im sober it seems to effect my short term memory. probably because i've been smoking for so long. i dont use as much as i used to but i do every night and early morning like now. it takes months for me to feel completely normal again. i just say fuck it i feel better when i get high every night.

had a funny thing happen to me last summer. my friend gave me an old police scanner he had. we got all baked and could not program the thing for the life of us. i tried another day alone and sober and i got it in less than 10 minutes.

Hmm, I thought that was the norm too. I'd be screwed if I took my finals stoned. I never tried it, but I'm 100% certain it would've ended badly. I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would do that or recommend it.

I've certainly tried studying while high on weed, but that didn't work out very well. I'd get confused, make dumb errors and forget what I had to memorize. If anyone can do those above things on weed and excel, then I'd call them a genius.

well, wjen i am out of weeds, i feel depressed and slucker. i don't even want to get up on bed.

@Xhander: then I would consider breaking my psychical dependence on weed.

Weed is good, it is a gift to us from nature (among many other). Enjoy it responsibly because the next day you still have to get up, go to work, school. Do your responsibilities to your best knowledge. Frequent, high dose smoking is counterproductive for the most of us. I didn't see that until I took a months break and I didn't even smoke as much as many of you here. I go through a gram of weed in a week, getting high every night. Yeah, back at it again, not really proud of myself because it definitely stands in the way of getting things done.

It is really confusing.

Actualy, I feel the same way.

I have a really hard time with concentration on a regular basis (A.D.D?) and marijuana kinda silences my brains inner noise pollution and makes it really easy to focus on one given task without trying very hard. It helps me ALOT when I'm trying to be creative and draw.

I have to be awake though; if I'm half asleep and baked, I tend to zone out, but I do that anyways when I'm sleepy.

I personally feel like a dumbass when I'm stoned, and when I quit I feel more intelligent in pretty much every respect. I get high to giggle.

It definitely makes me dumber as I studied and have practiced engineering while both sober and stoned. My memory is shit when I have been smoking lately, I even have complete memory lapses and forget stuff I did. My math is slower when I've been smoking the past few days. Also, it becomes harder to pay attention to my visual sensory information as I get stuck in my mind. Socially... won't even go there... I just get retarded.

I'm definitely way better off without weed but smoke it as a crutch for stress which is going to stop as I have found healthier outlets such as aggressive electric guitar playing. (I also lose ALL creativity on weed because I overthink everything instead of living in the moment). It absolutely demotivates me as well. I mean that's just obvious. I quit and come up with 10 times as much shit to do with my time and manage my time way better, generally much more organized and I read a lot more too, and faster. When I started smoking this year it's like I forgot about my guitar and just became obsessed with smoking. Not blaming weed I'm just way better off without it and I see a lot of other people in the same situation, yet continuing to use it when there isn't even a withdrawal to fight.

I honestly fail to see a single benefit of me smoking weed apart from calming me down when I'm angry. And so many negatives, I'm really happy that I stopped recently because it was harming my ability to quit the oxy's. Really fucks with my self confidence too when I'm blazing. I have no idea why I was ever even attracted to the stuff, but I guess a lot of cigarette smokers would say the same thing. To me, it's just a nasty bad habit and nothing more. I'm happy that I don't need it for anything.

Last edited: