• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed make anyone else feel dumb when they're sober?

AvenaSativa

Bluelighter
It makes me feel so awkward and like I'm the stupidest idiot to ever live while I'm sober.

It makes other people feel dumb when they're high. It does the exact opposite to me. It makes me feel so smart when I'm high that I feel dumb when I'm sober and I start freaking out about it.

Does weed do this to anybody else?

Nah, I feel dumb while high actually. Maybe you have reservations about weed that makes you feel that way. If not, then you're quite the anomaly. Being high does zap some of your short term memory recall, and your mind will feel "fuzzy" to the point where complicated problem solving will be more difficult than if you were sober.

Can you also elaborate on how/why you feel smarter while high? Sounds paradoxical to me if that's really the case for you.

If I've been smoking a lot (daily sesh spec) then I feel this way. I feel it's got something to do with state-dependance and your recent consumption.

Sounds a bit familiar to me! I take it you are still relatively new to smoking weed? Back when I started I felt weed gave me all this insights and allowed me to see things I couldn't see before. After smoking daily for a while I'd feel a bit of brainfog the day afterwards and also started noticing memory problems (not only when I was high, just sort of all the time). Inability to solve logical problems, which before I was always incredibly good at, also helped fuel the feeling of being dumb. Goes away if you stop for a few weeks though ;)

What I mean is that I feel like weed makes me feel like I do stupid stuff and take stuff way too seriously when I'm sober. I really don't like it. I wish I could just chill out on weed but it makes my thoughts race and it makes my heart beat really fast and it makes me reevaluate everything.

What I mean is that I feel like weed makes me feel like I do stupid stuff and take stuff way too seriously when I'm sober. I really don't like it. I wish I could just chill out on weed but it makes my thoughts race and it makes my heart beat really fast and it makes me reevaluate everything.

Are you a girl by any chance? If you are, then that sort of makes sense. I've known some girls that do substances, but they don't like weed at all. It makes them a bit paranoid, gives them headaches, or they think too much while faded.

The thing with weed is that you have to let go and enjoy the buzz it gives you. Have you noticed people just enjoying themselves and having fun, even stupidly, while high? That's because they let the effects take over them and just ride with it.

What you're getting is anxiety and simply thinking too much which won't get you to a good place while you're high on weed. Try to relax and find something to do to keep your mind from wandering too much, such as watching a movie or conversating with friends.

i'm the same way if I just sit and smoke by myself too much. I'll start questioning everything I ever did and find ways to pick it apart as to why I should have done better.

when there are people around to talk to, we usually end up laughing and making stupid jokes.

I think it has to do with personality. I tend to be a perfectionist at times and it is easy to let my mind run away with ways that I could have done better when I'm stoned.

if it's part of your personality then all you can do is not get so stoned that it's hard to control where your mind goes. I know for myself, if I get to a certain level my mind goes where it wants to depending on my mood.

i find it really depends on the dose, it reminds me of harder drugs how you get to a point of dependence where you need a maintenance dose just to be 100% and then anything past that is just about getting f'd up

depends, if your a daily smoker an if it was chronic or regs..regs I'm always good an I'm not a daily smoker but chronic i get stupid high where i can't converse with people

Actualy, yeah I feel the same way.

I have a really hard time with concentration on a regular basis (A.D.D?) and marijuana kinda silences my brains inner noise pollution and makes it really easy to focus on one given task without trying very hard. It helps me ALOT when I'm trying to be creative and draw.

I have to be awake though; if I'm half asleep and baked, I tend to zone out, but I do that anyways when I'm sleepy.

When I used cannabis and hash it never made me feel "dumb" while stoned, or sober but I would just feel sleepy. While stoned I would find everything to be funny, hilarious, or amusing, and start laughing even if it was not something most people would find funny.

Maybe you are smoking, or using cannabis too much, or getting way too high when you smoke? Or it's not for you?

The only way to know is to stop for a while.
Those times are not easier but i feel clearer and stronger and more focused.

I have a really hard time with concentration on a regular basis (A.D.D?) ...
I thought the same thing that I have ADD but seriously the chances are slim. So I blamed weed... and after 2 weeks of abstinence from smoking daily 0.2g or so I had to realise I was right :p

Yup.

Usually have to go a month or two for the feeling to subside.

As I recently quit pot for good I'm in the middle of the fog right now... Shit sucks.

^It's cool, you can do it.

Bag up your paraphernalia and put it in a box in your closet, or something like that. That'll help you at least not look at it. I don't think weed is that bad, but do what you gotta do. Eventually you'll get use to not smoking herb.

I think this is partially the reason weed can be so insidious. Before you even notice what's happened you're been slowed and dumbed down significantly, and whilst everyone around you probably notices you're too hazy to even realize.

Trademarks of a stoner lol

Seriously, it's good to take a break every now and then, for tolerance reduction and for a possible realisation that you're overdoing it :D

I feel exactly the same, on weed I'm solving math equations, but after when I'm sober i feel like such a dumbass, i guess taking breaks from weed is healthy.