• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does vegetable glycerin form emulsions with vegetable oils?

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
I am attempting to make some E pen vape liquid and need to bounce some ideas around. The solubility of cannabinoids in olive oil is very good, I know this for a fact, but I can't find any information on their solubility in glycerin. If I mixed a small amount of highly potent olive oil into the glycerin would it form two layers of liquid or combine like alcohol and water?

You don't want to vape olive oil & I'm not sure it'd hold any more thc than glycerin. The solubility of cannabinoids in olive oil is very good if you're using a fair amount of it for cooking, but with e-cigs it takes a whole evening to vape 1ml.

Propylene glycol will be better, but it's a bad idea anyway.

thanks for the responses in both threads. I'd really like this to work since I've already taken on the project but from what you've said it doesn't seem plausible. If the cannabinoids have better solubility in PPG then I guess I'll have to try that instead. Either way I'm going to run a very small scale test with both solvents and the extract to see how well it dissolves with and without heat.