• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Does using while experiencing tachyphylaxis mean less neurotoxicty?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
When I use meth or amps I get one session to use because redosing gives almost no effect. I'm talking about a 95% loss of effects. I gotta wait a good 4/5 days to get decent effects. I just learned this isn't regular tolerance but tachyplylaxis, a sudden rapid tolerance to effects. Just wondering does using meth while experiencing tachyplyaxis mean less neurotoxicity and less cardio issues simply because it's not really causing stimulant effects?

When I banged stimulants, I found I could get 2-3 rushes and then that's it. I had to wait and be clean until the following weekend to get a rush again.
I would generally get two decent rushes and one lesser one on a Friday night, then be awake until Sunday night since I had "maximized" those rushes by doing an excessive amount per shot.

Any further shots besides those three would increase the stimulant effects, but no rush.

Even with no effects you can expect neurotoxic Amphetamines to still be neurotoxic. And if anything I’d say your response is an indication neurotoxicity is or has occurred.

The safest most reliable way to avoid neurotoxicity with these drugs is to find a safe dosage and stick with it even if you don’t get desired effects. If you don’t obtain the effects you seek it means time off is needed. Trying to push higher on the dosage doesn’t bode well for these drugs, whether it’s meth, MDMA or any of the others.

-GC

^a 10mg dex dose the day after 10mg dex will feel like I took less than 1mg or nothing at all. A 10mg dose of dex I didn't expect to be neurotoxic. Are there studies that show that a sudden drop off in effects to stimulants after a second dose is a sign of neurotoxicity?