• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does tolerance shoot up that quick?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
I took 150mg dihydrocodeine on sunday with very low tolerance. I'd compare that dose to a 10mg oxy instant release in terms of how high I was. Drowsiness was very strong and also breathing slowed down even more than a 40mg oxycontin.
Tuesday I pop 40mg of endone and there was no high. Not even drowsiness or nausea. Almost felt as if I took duds.
Next day I ate 70mg oxycontin in one go and barely any effect was felt. Normally a 50mg dose would ruin my whole day with drowsiness and puking.

Does tolerance shoot up THAT quick? Normally I space my opioid use two weeks apart to avoid tolerance and never noticed any tolerance increase. Didn't realize tolerance spikes that quickly.

No not per say but its soooo variable to answer the question honestly. For me the magic and tolerance stayed so low for over 2-3 years. I was still being substantially high off of 20 milligrams in a sitting after 3-4+ years of on-and-off abuse. I am fairly thin-framed and 5'11", never having ruined my life before from drug pills so my body still after all these years is totally fine on 20 milligrams of oxy and then I could call it. Of course its hard to resist just eating pill after pill throughout the day and when I was fully dependent on blues the most, 120 milligrams was my daily dose eating 30 millis in a sitting.

I was never one to push the boundaries to nod off and achieve a close-death euphoric sleep state. I am the kind of addict to chip away at his stash because the highs feel just as good for me at 20 milligrams than 100. I don't know why my body chemistry is different and slower to achieve insane doses at rapid pacings... but tolerance is coming for you no matter how long it takes. It will get you no matter what strategies you use to keep it lowered. On and off drug use even with such seldom consumption still causes the body/brain to register the drug a bit more each time like a computer system. Even an oxy user who uses pills once a week and religiously sticks to that plan will encounter the tolerance fucked dead end in time--but much longer.

This isn't worth worrying about enough honestly. If someone really cared that much and achieved the "dead end" lack of euphoria at any dose > you could just withdraw hardcore for 2 weeks cold turkey on some mini vacation and be decently in the game again. Nobody wants to withdraw cold turkey and its definitely unpleasant to suffer like it, but yeah.. I was never a heavy user so I didn't have to become "dopesick" like the same dopesickness most of you all fear. Withdrawing from 120 milligrams cold turkey was some notable depression, but my body is younger and kind of in shape so physically my withdrawals were always a joke. It was the mental part that was so hard.

Lets assume all your pills are pharmaceutical-made. You're dealing with a drug that's highs don't hit like stimulants do.. its not as obvious and yes--sometimes I would barely get high as desired some days on the same higher doses, only to wake up the next day and be blown away by a single perc 10 milligrams after 30 milligrams feeling sober. Its complicated in the gut and it doesn't always make sense in that way that you want the answer to be.

I've been using opioids on and off two years and the tolerance that suddenly develops if I use multiple days in a row quickly goes away with a 2 week break. But railing a 20mg oxy no matter how long I take off never hits as hard as the first time I railed. A permatolerance seems to have occured. I found the difference in tolerance between a 2 week break and a month or longer is nil and tolerance hasn't climbed in any noticeable way after a few years of moderate spaced out usage.