• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does this Marijuana have mold? Pics!

ThisIsKitty

Bluelighter
*New pic* Does this Marijuana have mold? Pics!

I'm an overthinker and won't enjoy these nice buds. Heard of someone getting a fungal infection in their lungs and now I'm paranoid :)

The buds in the center are the ones I was focusing on however the buds off to the side of the picture have white spots.. not sure if that's benign or if its mold. Ive been smoking it for about 2 weeks now. It was a baggy of small buds when purchased, like broken down nugs. It was on the drier side when purchased and has been kept in a mason jar since purchased ~2 weeks ago.

Can provide more pictures if necessary

IMG_20161114_213654.jpg

Last edited:
I zoomed in a bit and there could possibly be a little bit of mould, but if you hadn't of said anything about it, I would have just thought it was the trichomes, which I'd say it probably is. If it was dry when you got it and it's been stored in jars, it should be all good.

Looks like good stuff.

I've eyeballed those nugs for a while now and the white just seems like its part of the plant itself. I'm wondering if its worth the risk. I don't think its mold but you never know :!

If you can get a close-up picture, someone will be able to tell you. Just looks like normal buds to me.

^ Yes it looks like crystal ish stuff to me, not mould imo, but I can't really see close enough.

I'd smoke it. the few times I've seen mold, the whole bud had a white haze on it with smaller spots of heavier concentration. if you're still worried have a look through a magnifying glass.

i think its a good idea to open mason jars for at least 30 seconds a day depending on your environment but i dont think it looks like mold. did it smell musty?

I don't smoke, emptying it to use as a J. I know how to roll, I'm lazy.

Here is a better photo, Im about to smoke this. I feel confident that it isn't mold but reassurance would greatly increase the high!

IMG_20161115_200627.jpg

I'd smoke it.

I threw out 15 grams of bud that I forgot I had, when I found it I almost cried. Wasting good flower, guess I need to get some FIFO stickers for the bud collection. I tend to buy a few different types then just use oil anyway. It was about 30% white and I still considered cutting out the good bits. Luckily sanity set in quickly and I just got rid of it.

I felt like I was guilty of a crime, it was dank stinky kush. I'll do a minute of silent inhalation April 20 in memory.