• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Does the tolerance to drug can be permanent ?

What I have gathered, there are commonly several different mechanisms that contribute to tolerance in heavy use of most drugs. So, I doubt you could say you have "confirmed" that, even if I consider it completely possible it was about literal neurological damage (whatever it means).

Ok, so, i've a question that may not belong in this thread, but some of you seem to know what you're talking about.

I've been prescribed alprazolam since about 2007: i have true panic disorder.

I'm ALSO an alcoholic who can USUALLY stay sober, but i keep relapsing as of late.

I'm currently prescribed 4mg a day, but, rarely take more than 3, a day
and save the rest for emergencies like, well, facing alcohol withdrawal.

I was drinking 15-20 airplane bottles a day (and barely catching a buzz because i ALSO take 16-32mg of suboxone a day, and i find it sort of blocks ethanol like it does opiates).

SO. I drank like 18 day before yesterday, then, dropped down to 9, yesterday, and finally, 5-6 this morning (i'm not actually sure on that last bit, but by my calculations. a 24oz, 14$ Four Loko is somewhere between 5-6 "servings."

The idea is to quit drinking, now, and here is my question: how many 1mg xanax pills should i take, these next few days, and, at what intervals?

i'm 6ft tall and aabout 180lbs.

Is there even a way to calculate this?

I don't think so based on decades of experience and observations. Many classes of drugs not saying it cannot happen.
Just sayin

Ok, so, i've a question that may not belong in this thread, but some of you seem to know what you're talking about.

I've been prescribed alprazolam since about 2007: i have true panic disorder.

I'm ALSO an alcoholic who can USUALLY stay sober, but i keep relapsing as of late.

I'm currently prescribed 4mg a day, but, rarely take more than 3, a day
and save the rest for emergencies like, well, facing alcohol withdrawal.

I was drinking 15-20 airplane bottles a day (and barely catching a buzz because i ALSO take 16-32mg of suboxone a day, and i find it sort of blocks ethanol like it does opiates).

SO. I drank like 18 day before yesterday, then, dropped down to 9, yesterday, and finally, 5-6 this morning (i'm not actually sure on that last bit, but by my calculations. a 24oz, 14$ Four Loko is somewhere between 5-6 "servings."

The idea is to quit drinking, now, and here is my question: how many 1mg xanax pills should i take, these next few days, and, at what intervals?

i'm 6ft tall and aabout 180lbs.

Is there even a way to calculate this?

Xanax is not an anti-convulsant so it shouldn't be relied on to prevent alcohol withdrawal.

You need to get clonazepam or lorazepam or Valium. If you are serious about lowering your alcohol intake that quickly you could and up having seizures that the Xanax will not prevent.

How many time we should wait to regain the original tolerance ?
If physically addictive simply multiply its half life times 2. At that point you will have your original tolerance. If not physically addictive, the question is moot.