• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Does the tolerance to drug can be permanent ?

Thrax

Bluelighter
How many time we should wait to regain the original tolerance ?

It depends on the drug?
Tolerance is not permanent, no.

I used to drink 6 bottles of wine a day but I've been sober for 5 years and now when I DO have a drink (VERY rare), literally one large glass of wine has me tipsy haha. Total lightweight again.

I take it English is not your first language OP?
It depends on the drug?

I used to drink 6 bottles of wine a day but I've been sober for 5 years and now when I DO have a drink (VERY rare), literally one large glass of wine has me tipsy haha. Total lightweight again.

I think with some drugs its permanent. I quit weed for 7 years after heavy use and it still wasn't at all like how it was when I first started when I smoked it again.

It depends on the drug?

Ketamin mdma lsd, opiate.

i've been on 6 month, three months, and a bunch of shorter breaks from weed and i never get high at all the same way as the first couple times i tried marijuana. i believe some people's cannabinoid receptors must get permanently effected by using just a few times.

mdma probably has some permanent tolerance for some. it's definitely one of the drugs people need to go on longer tolerance breaks between using.

with psychedelics like acid or shrooms i usually get down to a low tolerance again with in a week or so of not using.

I used to be on 6mg's of clonazepam a day along with 150mg's of morphine. I am now taking 0.25mg's of clonazepam a day along with 3mg's of bromazepam as needed for panic attacks. I am now also only taking 30mg's of morphine a day but now i usually only get high off it for a week or 2 then stop for 2 weeks. I usually eat 150mg's of morphine a day or shoot 60mg's. I ate 120mg's tonight and took gabapentin with it and got a decent high. That amount would have done nothing to me years ago.

Tolerance to z drugs seems abit more permanent though for some reason. Or atleast it builds really quicky

My tolerance to gabapentin didnt seem to go down though o matter how long i quit for some reason

I used to be on 6mg's of clonazepam a day along with 150mg's of morphine. I am now taking 0.25mg's of clonazepam a day along with 3mg's of bromazepam as needed for panic attacks. I am now also only taking 30mg's of morphine a day but now i usually only get high off it for a week or 2 then stop for 2 weeks. I usually eat 150mg's of morphine a day or shoot 60mg's. I ate 120mg's tonight and took gabapentin with it and got a decent high. That amount would have done nothing to me years ago.

Tolerance to z drugs seems abit more permanent though for some reason. Or atleast it builds really quicky

My tolerance to gabapentin didnt seem to go down though o matter how long i quit for some reason
Speaking of Z drugs, Ambien doesn't make me go to sleep anymore. It puts me in a hypnotic state for a little bit.

Kind of feels like the tolerance to meth is somewhat permanent. I haven't been able to get the rush I got as kid... pretty much for 12-14 years. And I am a very infrequent user... sometimes I go 2 or 3 years without doing any. Mind you... some of that could be down to inferior quality product.

Speaking of Z drugs, Ambien doesn't make me go to sleep anymore. It puts me in a hypnotic state for a little bit.

Zopiclone still makes me go to sleep but these days i usually pop 5 then watch a movie and space out. I should really save them for sleep though causer they do work good for me

Zopiclone still makes me go to sleep but these days i usually pop 5 then watch a movie and space out. I should really save them for sleep though causer they do work good for me
5 of them? As in 50 mg? That's a lot of Zopiclone! I hope you enjoy it. Stay safe!

Ive heard ambien is more trippy. I know people who have hallucinated from zopiclone but all i get is a blackout or sleep.
The first time I took Ambien was a long time ago. I remember taking the pill, watching tv for a little bit, then I went to the kitchen. I woke up the next morning on the floor with salad all over me and a broken plate right next to me. Shit like this doesn't happen anymore.

The first time I took Ambien was a long time ago. I remember taking the pill, watching tv for a little bit, then I went to the kitchen. I woke up the next morning on the floor with salad all over me and a broken plate right next to me. Shit like this doesn't happen anymore.

Thank fuck ive never had that happen on zopiclone

I think yes, for some drugs. It happened with me for MDMA - even after several months or several years, I never got such intense and wonderful effect as when I tried it for the first time.
A bit out of topic, but I used to tolerate well very high amounts of stimulants, but some time ago I made a break and can't take them anymore (uncomfortable side effects from even very low doses are insufferable). Also having constant visual hallucinations for almost a year because of HPPD was strange, I thought it may be permanent.

Stuff like that doesn't happen anymore. Tolerance is a bitch. I can take Ambien now first thing in the morning and go to work with almost no problems.

Ya i can take zopiclone in the morning no problem to its weird. 2 pills would knock me out before